Windows 10: BIOS update Synaptics PS/2 touch pad code 10

Discus and support BIOS update Synaptics PS/2 touch pad code 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Updated BIOS, lost use of my laptop touch pad. <Device cannot start Code 10. The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.>Have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by G_R, Jul 13, 2021.

1. G_R
    G_R Win User

BIOS update Synaptics PS/2 touch pad code 10

Updated BIOS, lost use of my laptop touch pad. <Device cannot start Code 10. The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.>Have tried uninstalling, driver, device, reinstalling software software is current.Have gone to 'settings/devices/mouse' it does not show the pad, only the usb mouse I have to use. Under 'control panel/mouse', clicking on the mouse Clicking 'Yes', it attempts to install but fails saying an error occurred while attempting to uninstall, synaptics pointing device driver will not be uninstalled 9

:)

2. Synaptics touch pad

I have the same problem. I had installed synaptics pointing driver to disable touch pad while logitech mouse is plugining.

But affter the Window update, my synaptics pointing driver was disappear and when i try to reinstall it again, a message say:

"A newer version of the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver is installed. If you want to install the older version of the Driver, please uninstall the current Synaptics driver by selecting "Synaptics Pointing device" from the "Add/Remove Programs" Control Panel,
    then run Setup again"

I try to uninstall current touch pad driver but it doesn't work.

I think in the last update a new synaptics drivers has added as a built-in driver and non - uninstallable

Sea-hourse, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Touch pad not working. I have tried everything.

Hello.

I have a semi new Lenovo laptop ThinkPad T450s with a new hard drive. After installing Windows 10 the touch pad doesn't work. It did however work before. I have spent all day trying to read up on how I may solve this to no avail. Therefore I am writing my own help request. Here is a list of things I have tried;

Not Fn + F5
    tried updating drives
    not in device manager
    not in control panel - mouse properties doesn't give me touch pad option (picture 2) nor is it anywhere in the control panel under deivices to be found
    Activated in BIOS
    I tried taking some steps I read online in the Registration Entries but files seemed to be missing (perhaps here is the problem) but only ended up making my USB mouse to stop working so that didn't do the trick.
    Synaptic pointing device is under View and show hidden devices.
    Not sure what to do about the yellow exclamation mark but it says error "This device is not present, is not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)"
    First picture.

BIOS update Synaptics  PS/2 touch pad code 10 [​IMG]

BIOS update Synaptics  PS/2 touch pad code 10 [​IMG]

Please help. Its driving me crazy. Thank you!

Chrisrianjan, Jul 13, 2021
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Synaptics Touch pad blinking MSI GT70 laptop with Windows 10

Hello,

We appreciate all the information that you provided, including all the troubleshooting steps that you've done. Compatibility issues with the update and drivers is one of the possible reasons why you're having this issue. To further troubleshoot we suggest
    that you uninstall the update under Setting.

Follow the steps below:

• Go to Setting.
    • Click Update and Security.
    • Hit Recovery then click Get started under
      Go back to Windows

After uninstalling the update, check if the issue reoccur. If the problem with Synaptic Touch pad get fixed, try to reinstall the update using the
    Media Creation Tool.

Keep us updated with the result.

Dyan Rey, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

1. BIOS update Synaptics PS/2 touch pad code 10 - Similar Threads - BIOS update Synaptics

2. Synaptics touch pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics touch pad: Some time ago I updated my UEFI BIOS and since then I haven't had access to the settings for my touch pad. Have tried updating. Device manager/Huan Interface Devices show:-HID-compliant touch pad - driver 10.0.19041.868 but dated 21/06/06-12C HID Device-Microsoft Input...
  3. Synaptics touch pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics touch pad: Some time ago I updated my UEFI BIOS and since then I haven't had access to the settings for my touch pad. Have tried updating. Device manager/Huan Interface Devices show:-HID-compliant touch pad - driver 10.0.19041.868 but dated 21/06/06-12C HID Device-Microsoft Input...
  4. Synaptics touch pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disabling touch pad synaptics

Disabling touch pad synaptics: I am using a dell PC and I am on the latest windows version. I have recently updated my drivers. I restarted my computer after. Edit: I have Synaptics driver. I still have no option to disable touch pad in settings, control panel, and device manger. Why is there no disable...
  6. touch pad,update

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch pad,update: my touchpad is not workingg, while mouse worksss....whenevr i click on update optionnn the settings tab closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-padupdate/dd035ce9-0a96-42ed-8117-b9e18224e6db
  7. Synaptics click pad not working error code 24

Synaptics click pad not working error code 24: On device manager, my synaptics clickpad says "This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. Code 24". I tried uninstalling, reinstall driver on manufacturer website, mouse settings but nothing seems to be working after...
  8. touch pad

touch pad: .Hello, I have an Dell Inspiron 5558 and I was trying to find a setting that would disable the touch pad when I had a USB mouse plugged in, I know I can disable it in Device manager but when the computer restarts it is enabled again even though the Device Manager says it is...
  9. Synaptics touch pad

Synaptics touch pad: After the last Windows 10 update I can no longer disable my touch pad. I use a Logitech wireless mouse. The touch pad was disabled until the last update was installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synaptics-touch-pad/24bcf1e4-9885-4e22-8dbc-c3fa96e4b863
  10. synaptics touch pad scrolling feature is not working

synaptics touch pad scrolling feature is not working: Hi Josiah its me again .Another issue tell me if u can solve this . Iam having synaptics touch pad in which scrolling feature is not working in win 10 ,was working in windows 8 . Can u guide me ? 14955