Windows 10: BIOS Update with Windows 10 Update?

Discus and support BIOS Update with Windows 10 Update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When Windows 10 does its automatic updates to the latest version, does it include any needed changes to my Dell PC BIOS? Or should I go to the Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisGAngel, Jan 7, 2019.

1. BIOS Update with Windows 10 Update?

When Windows 10 does its automatic updates to the latest version, does it include any needed changes to my Dell PC BIOS? Or should I go to the Dell website separately after the Windows 10 update and see if their SupportAssist detects that my PC has a BIOS update and then install it?

:)

ChrisGAngel, Jan 7, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Jan 7, 2019
  4. BIOS Update with Windows 10 Update?

Should I update bios?

Lol, there is still so many myths about flashing bios and people actually believe in them. People, this is 2018, not 1998, bios updates are easy and when file is provided by manufacturer themselves then they do RMA gpus, motherboards, mice and all other devices which failed during flashing.

spectatorx, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

BIOS Update with Windows 10 Update?

1. BIOS Update with Windows 10 Update? - Similar Threads - BIOS Update Update

2. Windows updates BIOS ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates BIOS ?: Question : can or could it be that Windows updates my BIOS ?When I re-install Windows, I go to the BIOS to set my USB key to boot from,Windows installs, but then when I restart Windows - and leave the USB key - it doesn't mention anything, just as if the key is not there.It...
  3. Windows updates BIOS ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates BIOS ?: Question : can or could it be that Windows updates my BIOS ?When I re-install Windows, I go to the BIOS to set my USB key to boot from,Windows installs, but then when I restart Windows - and leave the USB key - it doesn't mention anything, just as if the key is not there.It...
  4. Windows updates BIOS ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update scheduled a BIOS update

Windows Update scheduled a BIOS update: Hello, Windows 10 Update platform downloaded an update of BIOS on my laptop, so it asked me for restart in order to proceed with the install. I didn't know it was a BIOS update. When my laptop restarted, a prompt appeared saying BIOS will be updated in 60 seconds, with Yes...
  6. Windows Update scheduled a BIOS update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update scheduled a BIOS update: Hello,Windows (10) Update platform downloaded an update of BIOS on my laptop, so it asked me for restart in order to proceed with the install. I didn't know it was a BIOS update. When my laptop restarted, a prompt appeared saying BIOS will be updated in 60 seconds, with Yes...
  7. Can't update Windows 10 without updating BIOS, but can't update BIOS without updating...

Can't update Windows 10 without updating BIOS, but can't update BIOS without updating...: I've tried updating windows 10, but i keep getting this message that says it wont work without uninstalling the version of BIOS thats on my laptop first. so i looked up my laptop model HP 17-g121wm on hp.com to find the latest BIOS version and tried downloading that, but then...
  8. Bios update

Bios update: I updated my bios on msi z390 and now does not recognize my m2 digital hard drive with windows 10 on it leaving me dead in the water. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-update/7875d622-dde2-4e60-bbe3-f787e67f9fd9
  9. Updating UEFI/BIOS with Windows 10

Updating UEFI/BIOS with Windows 10: I am currently trying to install a new BIOS update for my HP Laptop. I have confirmed that there a new update available, but I'm concerned on how exactly to go through with it. I know I have to disable both my Anti-Virus software and Bitlocker Encryption, and I wanted make...
  10. update BIOS windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    update BIOS windows 10: Hi, Trying to update BIOS windows 10. Dell Support Assistant indicates "Running on unsupported system". Have eight year old pc with legacy BIOS. Please advise. Thanks, Joe...