Windows 10: Bios Update?

Discus and support Bios Update? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was reading a PC magazine today and noticed it mentioned that a bios update was available for W10. My computer is running well right now. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Ed, May 4, 2017.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Bios Update?

I was reading a PC magazine today and noticed it mentioned that a bios update was available for W10. My computer is running well right now. Is there any reason I should update bios? Thanks.

:)

Mr Ed, May 4, 2017

2. BIOS

Is there an easier way to do this? I bought my computer through HSN. They could not help me.

DennisLaRocco, May 4, 2017
  3. BIOS

You need to contact the HP support to check if there is any newer version of BIOS available.

Sumit Dhiman2, May 4, 2017
  4. brummyfan Win User

Bios Update?

No, if the computer works without any issues, there's no need for a BIOS update.

brummyfan, May 5, 2017
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    There are potentially serious risks associated with a BIOS update. If the update fails, which can happen even if you do everything right, the usual result is an unbootable system. Recovery options vary among manufacturers but in the worst case the BIOS chip would require physical replacement by a trained technician. The risk of failure is low but since the consequences can be so severe a BIOS update should only be done when needed.

BIOS updates come from the motherboard or computer manufacturer and are specific to your exact hardware. Get this wrong and the update will not proceed, if you are lucky. Otherwise it will fail with the above mentioned problems.

LMiller7, May 5, 2017
  6. Mr Ed Win User
    Excellent! Thanks for the advice. *Smile

Mr Ed, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Bios Update?

1. Bios Update? - Similar Threads - Bios Update

2. windows fails to activate after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows fails to activate after bios update: after updating the bios of my new PC i found that my windows 11 home copy of which i bought through the Microsoft store was suddenly inactivated and showing an error of 0xc004F21. After clicking on the troubleshooter it fails but there's a "I changed Hardware on this device...
  3. windows fails to activate after bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows fails to activate after bios update: after updating the bios of my new PC i found that my windows 11 home copy of which i bought through the Microsoft store was suddenly inactivated and showing an error of 0xc004F21. After clicking on the troubleshooter it fails but there's a "I changed Hardware on this device...
  4. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  5. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  6. Is it safe to update the BIOS using EZ Flash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to update the BIOS using EZ Flash?: Hi,For the past month, I have been dealing with various Blue Screens and freeze. My laptop ASUS ROG Strix G513RM is doing better now but I can still encounter a random blue screen at times, caused by Kernel Power 41 ID or Hypervisor Error.I tried so many solutions to prevent...
  7. Is it safe to update the BIOS using EZ Flash?

Is it safe to update the BIOS using EZ Flash?: Hi,For the past month, I have been dealing with various Blue Screens and freeze. My laptop ASUS ROG Strix G513RM is doing better now but I can still encounter a random blue screen at times, caused by Kernel Power 41 ID or Hypervisor Error.I tried so many solutions to prevent...
  8. BIOS error after my windows 11 update-no bootable devices found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS error after my windows 11 update-no bootable devices found: So recently my windows 11 got an update,my laptop was working perfectly fine until it restarted and started giving errors like "no bootable devices found" or the "HTTP boot error".I've tried many solutions on the internet and I even tried running diagnostic test and it said...
  9. BIOS error after my windows 11 update-no bootable devices found

BIOS error after my windows 11 update-no bootable devices found: So recently my windows 11 got an update,my laptop was working perfectly fine until it restarted and started giving errors like "no bootable devices found" or the "HTTP boot error".I've tried many solutions on the internet and I even tried running diagnostic test and it said...
  10. Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?

Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?: USB shortcut virus and BIOS update. My Flashdrive port has a virus which creates a shortcut to folders whenever I insert a USB, I already watched a couple of videos on how to fix this but I also need to update my bios due to another problem on my pc....