Windows 10: BIOS update

Discus and support BIOS update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my dell OptiPlex 990 SFF, I am trying to update the BIOS from version A19 to A24 but every time I run the BIOS.exe for A24 I get "your PC ran into a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cardiosono, Nov 21, 2021.

1. BIOS update

On my dell OptiPlex 990 SFF, I am trying to update the BIOS from version A19 to A24 but every time I run the BIOS.exe for A24 I get "your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart". I looked at the file properties an noticed it said this file came from another computer and is blocked.I did run the file as an admin and tried compatibility mode for windows 7, which was the original version before upgrading to windows 10.The PC has the latest update 21H2.I ran sfc /scannow and it did not find any issues.I tried to install again a few times and get the same result, blue screen. The PC restarts an

:)

Cardiosono, Nov 21, 2021
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Nov 21, 2021
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Nov 21, 2021
  4. BIOS update

Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Nov 21, 2021
Thema:

BIOS update

1. BIOS update - Similar Threads - BIOS update

2. Cant log into my windows account because my pin doesnt work after a bios update. Help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant log into my windows account because my pin doesnt work after a bios update. Help?: Hello,So a few hours ago I updated my BIOS with the newest version, the changelog was "Windows 11 Support" or something similar to that. After it flashed the bios, it booted up into windows and surprise, surprise! It gave me an error that went like this "Your PIN is no longer...
  3. Cant log into my windows account because my pin doesnt work after a bios update. Help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant log into my windows account because my pin doesnt work after a bios update. Help?: Hello,So a few hours ago I updated my BIOS with the newest version, the changelog was "Windows 11 Support" or something similar to that. After it flashed the bios, it booted up into windows and surprise, surprise! It gave me an error that went like this "Your PIN is no longer...
  4. BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS update: On my dell OptiPlex 990 SFF, I am trying to update the BIOS from version A19 to A24 but every time I run the BIOS.exe for A24 I get "your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart". I looked at the file properties an noticed it said this file came from another computer and...
  5. BIOS update

BIOS update: On my dell OptiPlex 990 SFF, I am trying to update the BIOS from version A19 to A24 but every time I run the BIOS.exe for A24 I get "your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart". I looked at the file properties an noticed it said this file came from another computer and...
  6. BIOS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Bios Update Admin Password And Adding language sign on taskbar in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bios Update Admin Password And Adding language sign on taskbar in windows 10: Hello Everybody, Recently i reinstalled windows 10 with the 21h1 update version after having problems in resetting this p c. But now i am having One Bios related and one Language sign on taskbar related problems. As i was updating drivers on Dell support site i downloaded...
  8. Bios Update Admin Password And Adding language sign on taskbar in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios Update Admin Password And Adding language sign on taskbar in windows 10: Hello Everybody, Recently i reinstalled windows 10 with the 21h1 update version after having problems in resetting this p c. But now i am having One Bios related and one Language sign on taskbar related problems. As i was updating drivers on Dell support site i downloaded...
  9. Bios Update Admin Password And Adding language sign on taskbar in windows 10

10. Windows 11 updated and now all usbs have stopped working but work fine in bios

Windows 11 updated and now all usbs have stopped working but work fine in bios: Computer was working fine. I started it today and when it was booting it did a windows update. The windows login screen appeared which I then tried to login into only to realize my keyboard and mouse don’t work. Moved to all USB ports and same story. Restarted pc again but no...