Windows 10: Bios updates with Windows 10 S Mode

Discus and support Bios updates with Windows 10 S Mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased a cheap HP notebook that has a AMD Athlon duel core and came with Windows 10 S Mode installed. I'm OK with the restrictions in place for S... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jescott418, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Bios updates with Windows 10 S Mode

I purchased a cheap HP notebook that has a AMD Athlon duel core and came with Windows 10 S Mode installed. I'm OK with the restrictions in place for S mode. I know Windows update will handle all the driver updates. But what about the bios updates? HP can't use a app that installs bios or driver updates because of S Mode so how does this work in S mode?For some reason I can't see where Microsoft addresses this in its S mode help articles.

:)

jescott418, Jun 1, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4: July 12, 2016

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jun 1, 2021
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Bios updates with Windows 10 S Mode

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

Bios updates with Windows 10 S Mode

1. Bios updates with Windows 10 S Mode - Similar Threads - Bios updates Mode

2. BIOS update not allowed without shifting out of S Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BIOS update not allowed without shifting out of S Mode: Hi! I have a DELL laptop. I updated to Windows 11 two months ago. BIOS update is required. I have downloaded the file to update the BIOS from DELL site but when i try to run it, a sign is shown: "For security and performance, Windows 10 in S mode runs Microsoft-verified apps....
  3. BIOS update not allowed without shifting out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS update not allowed without shifting out of S Mode: Hi! I have a DELL laptop. I updated to Windows 11 two months ago. BIOS update is required. I have downloaded the file to update the BIOS from DELL site but when i try to run it, a sign is shown: "For security and performance, Windows 10 in S mode runs Microsoft-verified apps....
  4. updates to Windows 10 in S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    updates to Windows 10 in S mode: Have a laptop running 10S, I get popups upon startup that there are updates. Are these okay for 10S? I read where you can change out of S but not get back and I wonder if the updates would take me out of S mode. Obviously, I know nothing!!!!...
  5. updates to Windows 10 in S mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    updates to Windows 10 in S mode: Have a laptop running 10S, I get popups upon startup that there are updates. Are these okay for 10S? I read where you can change out of S but not get back and I wonder if the updates would take me out of S mode. Obviously, I know nothing!!!!...
  6. updates to Windows 10 in S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Is there a simple to update my Dell laptop BIOS using Windows 10 S mode. it will not...

Is there a simple to update my Dell laptop BIOS using Windows 10 S mode. it will not...: My windows update does not show the BIOS update in its update list. Windows 10 S mode prohibits downloads from Dell's website. I really do not want to switch it out of S mode either....
  8. New HP Bios updated back to S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    New HP Bios updated back to S mode: New HP Bios updated back to S mode. Was working great first couple of days then Bios update and can't get it out of s mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-hp-bios-updated-back-to-s-mode/95d1fe43-2273-4d63-a8ca-eddf5355f912
  9. Updating Window 10 S Mode

Updating Window 10 S Mode: I have a new laptop that came with Windows 10 S mode installed and I want to know how to update it without leaving S mode. I'm trying to install a game from the Microsoft store and the "install" button is greyed out and it says my OS needs to be updated to 18362 or higher....
  10. stuck in S mode after bios update?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    stuck in S mode after bios update?: I recently got a HP Pavilion 14, and found it to be installed with S Mode, an exceedingly useless mode to me. I managed to switch out, but after an HP update today, my computer is not only back in S mode even though I though the switch out was permanent, but trying to switch...