Windows 10: Bios, Windows and Desktop Artifacting

Discus and support Bios, Windows and Desktop Artifacting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ...sigh :'( It's me again. Can never seem to emerge victorious. So basically I've been using my PC for a few days now until suddenly today while I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vellaura, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Vellaura Win User

Bios, Windows and Desktop Artifacting

...sigh :'( It's me again. Can never seem to emerge victorious.

So basically I've been using my PC for a few days now until suddenly today while I was playing LOL my screen started glitching and I had to reset. When I did my BIOS logo started artifacting, then the Windows logo also artifacts and then I get to desktop and it's all glitchy and artifacty.

The resolution is also lower like in safe mode.

I'm suspecting my gpu is failing (fml, I literally thought I was out of the woods ready to go).

When I press delete and go into bios menu it's all fine. Any tests I can do to make sure?

I'm going to try another pcie slot and another cable for now.

Windows 20H2

Sigh :'(

:)

Vellaura, Feb 27, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Bios Artifact

Try to take & post a photo of it so it can be recognised.

To help you investigate the problem -
    I've enclosed an Event viewer, Custom view definition called Power - Restarts. Power - Restarts.zip
    You'll need to unzip it to make it ready for use.
    Open Event viewer [%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc /s], click on Import Custom view [you'll see that on the right-hand side] and select Power - Restarts.xml.
    Then select Custom views, Power - Restarts and it will show you a timed list of computer startups.

Bios, Windows and Desktop Artifacting [​IMG]

Berton is probably right, the Power - Restarts times will probably be the same times as your attempts to come out of hibernation.

If so, reinstall your display card driver before spending any time trying to delve deeper into things.
    - Display card drivers were identified by Windows 7 Help as one of the primary causes of sleep & hibernation problems.
    - There isn't any diagnostic test that would tell you it was definitely the cause so it's best to just get this step done at the start.

Best of luck,
    Denis

3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Feb 27, 2021
  4. tzfrantic Win User

Bios Artifact

on my computer resuming from hibernation i get artifacts on bios splash screen but no where esle and my games run fine with no issue or artifacts should i be worried??

tzfrantic, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Bios, Windows and Desktop Artifacting - Similar Threads - Bios Desktop Artifacting

2. Taskbar Artifacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Artifacts: Hello,I'm having some graphic artifacts on the Windows 11 taskbar.It looks like a watermark with a pattern.Please see the images to see what I'm referring to.It happened after a fresh install of Windows without drivers. After installing drivers the problem still...
  3. green artifacts on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    green artifacts on Windows: Hello.Yesterday, using my computer like I always do, my PC froze and displayed red and green artifacts on my 2 screens. I tried rebooting multiple times, and green artifacts appears when windows loads.I first thought that it was my GPU that was dying I have the same...
  4. green artifacts on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    green artifacts on Windows: Hello.Yesterday, using my computer like I always do, my PC froze and displayed red and green artifacts on my 2 screens. I tried rebooting multiple times, and green artifacts appears when windows loads.I first thought that it was my GPU that was dying I have the same...
  5. Bios Artifact

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Bios Artifact: on my computer resuming from hibernation i get artifacts on bios splash screen but no where esle and my games run fine with no issue or artifacts should i be worried?? 165467
  6. Window rendering artifacts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window rendering artifacts: For a few months now, I've been occasionally encountering a fairly serious render glitch, shown below:[ATTACH] It seems to happen only when my laptop wakes from screen off and there are no monitors attached. I posted another image on theSuperUser Stack exchange but nothing...
  7. Artifacts appear when bios are initialized

Artifacts appear when bios are initialized: Product Model: ROG MAXIMUS X CODE Operating System / Firmware or BIOS Version: Windows 10 Pro / BIOS Version 2003 Hello, Someone else met this problem? Artifacts while initializing bios at computer startup. The problem was also investigated by the intel, then I thought it...
  8. windows 10 artifacts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 artifacts: ok so I suddenly have artifacts on whole screen yellow rectangles I have removed gpu and now with onboard graphics pc works fine how to confirm if my gpu is bad and not anything else like power supply or motherboard https://imgur.com/9w8dJGJ...
  9. Graphic artifacts on desktop

Graphic artifacts on desktop: Good day folks, Today when I booted Train Simulator 2015, it hanged on the Dovetail logo and eventually froze, i had to restart the pc from the button, after the restart, the desktop was filled with numerous horizontal lines of different lenghts and colors, artifacts in...
  10. Graphics artifacting on desktop...?

Graphics artifacting on desktop...?: Hey all - just installed Win10 on an HP DCS5800 Slim desktop with an Intel Q33 graphics card. Windows 10 seems to run fine, but I am getting graphical artifacting on text and images everywhere. I've tried checking the drivers, but the newest drivers listed on the Intel site...