Windows 10: Bios windows boot manager has 38 entries

Discus and support Bios windows boot manager has 38 entries in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was going to do a clean install of windows on my friends machine and when going in the bios their was 38 entries of windows boot manager Bios is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steven Campoli, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Bios windows boot manager has 38 entries

I was going to do a clean install of windows on my friends machine and when going in the bios their was 38 entries of windows boot manager

Bios is set to uefi
    Secure boot disabled
    Boot option priorities have 38 entries of windows boot manager.

Now I’m going to format hard drive and install windows hoping all those entries will disappear.

I tried using disk part clean option for the disk but it didn’t do anything.

:)

Steven Campoli, Mar 4, 2020

2. BIOS Entry

it does list Windows Boot Manager as the second entry.

shipinomore10, Mar 4, 2020
  3. mcomp72 Win User
    Multiple entries for Windows Boot Manager in UEFI BIOS

Thanks for the reply. After shutting down the computer overnight (which I don't normally do), this morning I discovered that all of the extra listings of Windows Boot Manager were gone. Perhaps turning off the power did something to the BIOS? I'm not
    sure, but am happy to report the problem is gone.

mcomp72, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Bios windows boot manager has 38 entries

Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Bios windows boot manager has 38 entries

1. Bios windows boot manager has 38 entries - Similar Threads - Bios boot manager

2. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  3. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  4. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. there is no boot manager in BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    there is no boot manager in BIOS: My laptop has dual boot system- windows 10 and ubuntu. After a update in ubuntu, pc is not booting, showing an error to install an operating system. In the BIOS, I found no boot manager boot device to select.I tried startup repair from a bootable USB drive, but it can not...
  6. Windows boot manager not showing in the bios boot menu.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows boot manager not showing in the bios boot menu.: My PC had preintsalled Windows 10UEFI.Last month,I installed some linux operating systems in my pcLegacy.So,I know that windows won't show on the grub boot menu.To start windows,I should go to the boot menu and select the "windows boot manager".Yesterday,I installed another...
  7. How to add entries to windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to add entries to windows boot manager: Hello windows community! I've got a repeating problem with my windows installation that is preventing me from using grub with bitlocker. After researching a solution I found the most simple and secure solution is to use the built in windows boot manager. I have found...
  8. BIOS/Boot manager problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS/Boot manager problem: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zoenvisje [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jj6mb8/biosboot_manager_problem/
  9. Help in adding entry in windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help in adding entry in windows boot manager: Is there any way to add this "linpus lite" device in windows boot manager?[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-in-adding-entry-in-windows-boot-manager/60603028-a106-49d4-bd5e-c28cb768ff5a
  10. BIOS Entry

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Entry: In the list of items in the BIOS there is one entry UBUNTU What is it for and what does it do? I did select it and found that it was looking for media. Shipinomore 109759