Windows 10: BIOS won’t recognize new SSD device; Boot Device Not Found error message

Discus and support BIOS won’t recognize new SSD device; Boot Device Not Found error message in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an older hp Pavilion dv7-6b32us laptop from about 2012. The factory installed WD HDD device died so I installed a new WD SSD device to replace... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RayT13, Jan 30, 2021.

1. RayT13 Win User

BIOS won’t recognize new SSD device; Boot Device Not Found error message

I have an older hp Pavilion dv7-6b32us laptop from about 2012. The factory installed WD HDD device died so I installed a new WD SSD device to replace it. It is 3D NAND SATA SSD; model WDS500G2B0A. I started up the computer changed the BIOS boot order from HDD drive to CD/DVD drive and installed Windows 10 64-bit Home Version that is what I had been using from a Microsoft DVD. The Laptop booted up and Windows 10 was installed on the SSD and I could use the Laptop again. The problem is the Laptop will not ReBoot; The error - Boot Device Not Found Hard Disk 3f0 is called. When I try to change the Boot order in BIOS it only shows CD/DVD with no other options. I can reboot the Laptop and reinstall Windows 10 from the DVD, but I don’t know how to get the Laptop to reboot from Windows 10 on the new SSD. The BIOS indicates it is setup as Legarcy and the SSD is set up as MBR. I am not sure what to do or try next. I see some similar post about GPT disk and EFI / UEFI, but I don’t think those issues are applicable in my case.

:)

RayT13, Jan 30, 2021

2. USB device not recognized

hi...
    I am facing a problem. Even if I plug in my pen drive into my computer, then my computer is not reading it. I am getting the error message "USB device not recognized"?

ashleysimpson052, Jan 30, 2021
  3. DRDNA Win User
    USB device not recognized

Does this also happen on a different PC as well?

DRDNA, Jan 30, 2021
  4. AndreyT Win User

"reboot and select proper boot device" after fresh install

That would immediately suggest that your list of boot devices in BIOS for "normal" boot simply does not include the proper SSD.

AndreyT, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

1. BIOS won’t recognize new SSD device; Boot Device Not Found error message - Similar Threads - BIOS won’t recognize

2. Boot from old SSD on new mother board. No boot devices found.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot from old SSD on new mother board. No boot devices found.: Hello, I am trying to boot from an old m.2 SSD on my previous machine to a new motherboard. The new motherboard is an Asus x670, and when I boot, it will find find the drives I say drives because it is also detecting my SATA HDD but that is only storage and not of boot...
  3. Unable to boot new SSD "Inaccessible Boot Device" error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot new SSD "Inaccessible Boot Device" error: I recently upgraded my HP Laptop with a Crucial P5 Plus 500GB PCI 4.0 NVMe SSD from a 250GB SATA M.2. The cloning appears to have been successful I have an SSD enclosure and can access all the old data files in the new SSD when I run it as an external drive from another...
  4. Unable to boot new SSD "Inaccessible Boot Device" error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot new SSD "Inaccessible Boot Device" error: I recently upgraded my HP Laptop with a Crucial P5 Plus 500GB PCI 4.0 NVMe SSD from a 250GB SATA M.2. The cloning appears to have been successful I have an SSD enclosure and can access all the old data files in the new SSD when I run it as an external drive from another...
  5. Dell XPS 8900 will not boot from new SSD: "No boot device found".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell XPS 8900 will not boot from new SSD: "No boot device found".: Dear forum, There seem to be some real experts in this group and I'd be grateful for your advice here. I've installed a new 500 GB Kingston SSD and cloned my existing HDD to it. Both drives show in the drive list, and appear to have the same files on them. I was intending...
  6. Boot device not found error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot device not found error: Hello, Im Nikeetha. Im using HP notebook, in which i got boot device not found error. So i have reinstalled the OS. But even after installing the OS , im facing the same issue. Please help me out to get rid of this issue asap...
  7. "No boot device found" message on boot, but SSD can be booted from through the boot menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "No boot device found" message on boot, but SSD can be booted from through the boot menu: Hi, I'm assisting with trying to resolve a problem on a computer running Windows 10. The problem appeared on first boot after the graphics card was upgraded. After showing POST on the first boot it started showing the Windows 7 startup logo, before soon after reporting an...
  8. Boot device not found after installing ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot device not found after installing ssd: So I just replaced my HD with a new Samsung ssd. I made a recovery on an ssd card before removing it. Now after installing it and turning the laptop on I get this message. https://imgur.com/a/egTgMD5 Could someone please tell me what I should do ? It is an hp pavillion with...
  9. Error: boot device not found

Error: boot device not found: Boot Device not found and no optane memory either......my HP Spectra x360 convertible 15-bl112dx is not working..... I have tried videos on youtube no success. SN: 5CD7430CQM Product ID: Z4Z38UA#ABA Help please ***Modified title from: boot device not found***...
  10. Acer: no boot device found but have new SSD

Acer: no boot device found but have new SSD: hi, My device got the no boot device found error message few tines or so. New device, by the way. I have been told it is most likely an issue with the SSD. I had Acer replace the SSD. Now, will that fix the issue or need other fix?...