Windows 10: Bipra external USB Hard Drive no longer connects

Discus and support Bipra external USB Hard Drive no longer connects in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My BIPRA external USB Hard Drive has stopped connecting. I use it to provide ample extra storage for my 2-in-1 tablet PC, mainly for backup purposes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by clayto, Nov 14, 2018.

1. clayto Win User

Bipra external USB Hard Drive no longer connects

My BIPRA external USB Hard Drive has stopped connecting. I use it to provide ample extra storage for my 2-in-1 tablet PC, mainly for backup purposes, which it did very well until recently. Now it either does not connect at all, or if it does it is not good enough to enable reading and writing, or for the Drive to be listed in MY PC.

The Drive has two cables, one is USB to USB for data, the other is USB to phono for additional power input. In the past it did work OK with just the data cable, but now it does not work even with both cables in use. I know there is 'basic' connection because the LED lights up (and there is the normal USB connecting / disconnecting pinging sound.) When first trying to connect, Windows frequently notifies that an unrecognised or faulty USB devices is detected. During brief periods of it working I have been able to check the Drive for disk errors, with zero results.

I have now tried every configuration possible, using different ports, with or without hubs.I have used an air duster to clean the connections..

What else can I try?

:)

clayto, Nov 14, 2018
  2. twynog Win User

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    External hard drive not recognised

Hi twynog,

The issue that you're experiencing with the external hard drive might be due to some missing Windows hardware or software updates. To help you in resolving this, you may follow the steps below:

Method 1: Uninstall and then reconnect the external hard drive - this method resolve issues where the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt.

• Select Start, type Device Manager in the Search box.
    • Select Device Manager from the returned list.
    • Select Disk Drives from the list of hardware.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the USB external hard drive with the issue, and select Uninstall.
    • After the hard drive is uninstalled, unplug the USB cable.
    • Wait for 1 minute and then reconnect the USB cable. The driver should automatically load.
    • Check for the USB drive in Windows Explorer.

If method 1 doesn't work the way it should, you may proceed to other steps provided in this
    article.

Do get back to us if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same issue.

Julie Ram, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Bipra external USB Hard Drive no longer connects - Similar Threads - Bipra external USB

2. USB external drive not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB external drive not connecting: My PC running Windows 10.0.19043 has stopped recognising aexternal hard disc connected via USB. I've been using this hard disc for about three years and recently it has disappeared from Windows Explorer. I've tested the USB ports using a memory stick and they are working....
  3. USB external drive not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB external drive not connecting: My PC running Windows 10.0.19043 has stopped recognising aexternal hard disc connected via USB. I've been using this hard disc for about three years and recently it has disappeared from Windows Explorer. I've tested the USB ports using a memory stick and they are working....
  4. USB external drive not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. external hard drive connected by usb

external hard drive connected by usb: How do I get windows file explorer to recognize a 500 giga bite hard drive connected by USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-connected-by-usb/57ede349-6ed9-4cb0-bf8d-d9d999cf1157
  6. External hard drive connected by USB port

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive connected by USB port: I have this external hard drive that has been designated as F and also a removable flash drive as E. Both use USB ports and have been working. Now the computer sees neither after rebooting twice. Tried to switch the ports and drives also. Any suggestions?...
  7. Connecting External hard drive

Connecting External hard drive: How do I connect an external hard drive, with data files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-external-hard-drive/b1670bab-3009-4da3-b712-006026fefcfe
  8. Connecting a Segate Back-up + external hard drive USB

Connecting a Segate Back-up + external hard drive USB: when I connect the device to a usb port I get the error "unknown usb device (driver error)" I have tried to resolve the issue in device manager by installing the device and then scanning for hardware changes. This did not work. I checked Segates web site for a driver update...
  9. external usb hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    external usb hard drive: Can i install windows 10 on an external USB hard drive? If so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-usb-hard-drive/9631ecc3-3373-4174-8b01-818623bd5c4f
  10. External Hard Drives no longer working

External Hard Drives no longer working: Hi, having some really frustrating issues with my laptop and had to create a profile on this site as nothing seems to be working. I have an Acer Aspire running Windows 10 (version 1511, OS Build 10586.36). I have been travelling for a while so haven't updated for quite some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Bipra USB 3.0

2. bipra external hard drive driver for windows

3. bipra windows 10

4. bipra external hard drive wont connect,
  5. connecting bipra caddy to pc,
  6. bipra hard drive failure,
  7. bipra driver,
  8. bipra hard drive windows 10