Windows 10: Birthdate Settings

Discus and support Birthdate Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My parents made my account before I was 12, but I'm now above the age of 13 and never bothered to change it, if I change my birthdate on Microsoft,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mattiasandersson6, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Birthdate Settings

My parents made my account before I was 12, but I'm now above the age of 13 and never bothered to change it, if I change my birthdate on Microsoft, will my account be locked or disabled?

:)

mattiasandersson6, Sep 4, 2020

2. my birthday calendar showing a birthday date a day before the actual birthdate is...

I have followed the steps suggested by you. But then also the problem remains as it is. It is showing a birthdate a day before the actual birthdate which is saved in phone. So, please try to solve my problem.

Kunal Jagtap, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Attrition Win User
    Changing a Microsoft account from an (incorrectly entered) adult birthdate to the correct child's birthdate

The links provided in the above response pertain to an account which is already setup as a child. That is not my situation.

My issue is going from an ADULT account to a CHILD account. Currently, the account is setup (incorrectly) as an adult account. I would like to update the birthdate to reflect that this is a child account.

This is an easy scenario to test:

• Setup a new Microsoft account with a birthdate that makes you an adult.
    • Log off and then log back in
    • Go to your profile and attempt to change the birth date to make you a child.
    • The system will prevent you from making this change.
    Any suggestions?

Attrition, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Birthdate Settings

Error while changing my son's birthdate to be a child account: "Your birthdate cannot be updated at this time"

My son's account was set up as a standard Microsoft adult account. When I try to change his birthdate to be a child, I get this error:

Your birthdate cannot be updated at this time.

• He is already listed as in my family and shows in my Family list as an adult
    • I am not allowed to manage his account from my own account (because he's listed as an adult)
    • I have his login
    • While logged into his account, I am given the option to change his birthdate, but it doesn't work.
    • When I try to change the birthdate from within his account, I am given a prompt that I will be charged $0.50 to change his account into a child account.
    • I agree to the $0.50 charge.
    • Instead of updating his birthdate or asking for CC info, I get that error: Your birthdate cannot be updated at this time.
    • If I change his country to Canada, I can update the birthdate, but the account still isn't a child account (which is my entire goal)
    • If I try to change his country back to USA while keeping the correct birthdate, I get that same error above saying the birthdate cannot be updated at this time (even though I'm changing the country; not the birthdate).

Please help. I just want my son's account listed as a child account so I can manage his account and content restrictions. I have three children in my Family account. Two of which are showing as adults but are children.

How do I update my child's birthdate to convert his standard account into a child account?

Do not steal me, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Birthdate Settings

1. Birthdate Settings - Similar Threads - Birthdate Settings

2. I set up a business account but put my birthdate as the date I started position. Thinks I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I set up a business account but put my birthdate as the date I started position. Thinks I...: I already spoke with someone a few month# ago…..thought 5his would have been addressed already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-set-up-a-business-account-but-put-my-birthdate/af77b3ab-aadd-493b-aafd-68463b293b4c
  3. I set up a business account but put my birthdate as the date I started position. Thinks I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I set up a business account but put my birthdate as the date I started position. Thinks I...: I already spoke with someone a few month# ago…..thought 5his would have been addressed already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-set-up-a-business-account-but-put-my-birthdate/af77b3ab-aadd-493b-aafd-68463b293b4c
  4. I set up a business account but put my birthdate as the date I started position. Thinks I...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I am 22 and my birthdate is correct in my settings, so why am I unable to access certain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am 22 and my birthdate is correct in my settings, so why am I unable to access certain...: When accessing certain websites, I get the message "You’ll need to ask to use this site. If you want to, just send a request to an adult in your family." After pressing "Ask now," it tells me "Request sent. If your parent approves your request, you can use the link below to...
  6. I am 22 and my birthdate is correct in my settings, so why am I unable to access certain...

I am 22 and my birthdate is correct in my settings, so why am I unable to access certain...: When accessing certain websites, I get the message "You’ll need to ask to use this site. If you want to, just send a request to an adult in your family." After pressing "Ask now," it tells me "Request sent. If your parent approves your request, you can use the link below to...
  7. Birthdate of primary user on new compute was accidentally set to 2021

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Birthdate of primary user on new compute was accidentally set to 2021: Birthdate of primary user on new compute was accidentally set to 10-15-2021 which makes the user underage. So we are stuck. Security keeps us from fixing it. actual correct birthdate is 10-15-1961!!! Help!!!...
  8. Birthdate of primary user on new compute was accidentally set to 2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Birthdate of primary user on new compute was accidentally set to 2021: Birthdate of primary user on new compute was accidentally set to 10-15-2021 which makes the user underage. So we are stuck. Security keeps us from fixing it. actual correct birthdate is 10-15-1961!!! Help!!!...
  9. Birthdate of primary user on new compute was accidentally set to 2021

10. Birthdate entered wrong on Set-up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Birthdate entered wrong on Set-up: Setting up a new computer for a friend. After entering logon it asked for birthdate. Got it wrong; if its that important, why doesn't screen ask to verification? The person is reported as 12 years old and not as 64. Every dialog I have been to allows me to change date but...