Windows 10: Bit Locked Drive Disabled

Discus and support Bit Locked Drive Disabled in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, Bit-Locker drive is disabled on my local C drive. The error message reads: This drive cannot be encrypted. Specs: Edition: Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Harold Huggins, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Bit Locked Drive Disabled

Hi Everyone,

Bit-Locker drive is disabled on my local C drive. The error message reads: This drive cannot be encrypted.

Specs:

Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise N
    Version: 1803
    OS build: 17134.860

See, screenshot image below:

Bit Locked Drive Disabled bdd8bc26-3d1c-4522-ab63-9539324b48cd?upload=true.png

Secondly, device encryption failed.

See, screenshot image below:

Bit Locked Drive Disabled 7be00e86-d611-41fb-b5f4-6ae035c96b2b?upload=true.png

:)

Harold Huggins, Jul 19, 2019
  2. little cat, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Bit Locked Drive Disabled

Disable Lock Screen

Hi Barry,

We suggest that you try this method to disable the lock screen (except at boot):

• Open File Explorer and head to C:\Windows\SystemApps.
    • Locate the Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy folder in the list.
    • Right-click on the folder name, select Rename, and rename it to
      Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy.backup.

Note: If you ever want to restore your lock screen, just return to the
    C:\Windows\SystemApps folder, locate the Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy.backup file, and rename it back to
    Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Bit Locked Drive Disabled

1. Bit Locked Drive Disabled - Similar Threads - Bit Locked Drive

2. Bit lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit lock: I bought a used PC from the pawn shop. The shop says the lost the pin code. I tried to hard reset and I get a screen asking for recovery a key. I don't have one. So I tried to do a clean install the using win install tool but when Win install loads up. It doesn't show any...
  3. Bit lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bit lock: I bought a used PC from the pawn shop. The shop says the lost the pin code. I tried to hard reset and I get a screen asking for recovery a key. I don't have one. So I tried to do a clean install the using win install tool but when Win install loads up. It doesn't show any...
  4. Bit lock recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit lock recovery: I bought a new laptop, on the second day when I powered it up it asked for the bitlocker key.I set my Microsoft account up 17 years ago and do not have it written down.When I tried to recovery my key I found it wanted to send the verification code to a mobile number I do have...
  5. Bit lock recovery

Bit lock recovery: I bought a new laptop, on the second day when I powered it up it asked for the bitlocker key.I set my Microsoft account up 17 years ago and do not have it written down.When I tried to recovery my key I found it wanted to send the verification code to a mobile number I do have...
  6. disable bit locker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable bit locker: I have a HD which has bit locker encryption on it as it was sent to me with recovered data from a failed drive. I have pc's with Windows 10 and Windows 11 home editions, neither of which come with bit locker. I have the encryption key which allows me to access the data but...
  7. disable bit locker

disable bit locker: I have a HD which has bit locker encryption on it as it was sent to me with recovered data from a failed drive. I have pc's with Windows 10 and Windows 11 home editions, neither of which come with bit locker. I have the encryption key which allows me to access the data but...
  8. Regarding Bit locked Drive

Regarding Bit locked Drive: Greetings, I use CMD in admin mode to lock my bit locked drive but the command for the same makes use of "-forcedismount ". Is it safe to dismount your drive like this manually? Does it risk my data? Also, if there is any other risk, please edify me.Thank You....
  9. Regarding Bit locked Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding Bit locked Drive: Greetings, I use CMD in admin mode to lock my bit locked drive but the command for the same makes use of "-forcedismount ". Is it safe to dismount your drive like this manually? Does it risk my data? Also, if there is any other risk, please edify me.Thank You....
  10. Regarding Bit locked Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming