Windows 10: Bit-locker decryption stuck at 82.5%

Discus and support Bit-locker decryption stuck at 82.5% in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Team, I got a laptop with BitLocker already enabled on all drives. I need to resize the drive and also change the BitLocker password. So I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sonu- NS, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Sonu- NS Win User

Bit-locker decryption stuck at 82.5%

Hi Team,

I got a laptop with BitLocker already enabled on all drives. I need to resize the drive and also change the BitLocker password.

So I just disabled the BitLocker on both C and D drive. D drive was empty so finished immediately, but C drive was running. I was not aware of the decryption process that it would take too much time. So immediately I deleted D drive from disk management and shrank the C drive. Unfortunately, C drive size becomes small so again I increased the size of C drive.

The initial size of C drive 136GB -> Shrank to -> 107GB -> Expendad to 110GB

At the same time decryption was running but after some time decryption stuck at 82.5%, and now it's been 4 days that progress remains on 82.5%.

Steps I followed

1. Restarted the PC

2. Cleared the TPM

Now I am not able to enable BitLocker on C drive since the decryption still running. How to reset or clear everything like a new fresh PC.

Bit-locker decryption stuck at 82.5% cac62981-64aa-45fc-a5c5-f09119880492?upload=true.png

:)

Sonu- NS, Feb 22, 2019
  2. HemanthV Win User

bit-locker decryption

i am a windows 10 user and i clicked the bit-locker icon for my WD HDD. Without giving any password, i cancel that window by the cancel button. But now it shows locked with bit-locker and i can't access the data and i can't format too. Also it can't unlock
    from bit-locker manager. What is the solution to access the HDD.

HemanthV, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Decrypt bitlocker Windows 10 partition

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query regarding Bitlocker.

1. Are you using the Windows 10 Home?

Please be informed that Bitlocker is only available with Pro and Enterprise editions.

If you are using other edition please answer the below questions.

2. Have you already upgraded to Windows 10 OR are you still in the process of upgrading to Windows 10?

3. Do you remember the bit locker password?

If you are in the process of upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, after the upgrade completion you can still turn off the encryption i.e., decrypt the drive.

The recovery-key is required if you forget the bit locker password, please save the recovery-key in the preferred location of your choice. However,
    you can decrypt the drive just by using the bit locker password.

You may follow the below steps to decrypt the drive.

1. In the search option of the taskbar type “Manage Bit locker” and press enter.

2. You will get an option to turn-off bit locker.

3. Please follow the on-screen instructions for the same.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Bit-locker decryption stuck at 82.5%

no bit locker

How do i download bit locker on to my pc? have windows 10 but no bit locker

vincejankowski, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Bit-locker decryption stuck at 82.5%

1. Bit-locker decryption stuck at 82.5% - Similar Threads - Bit locker decryption

2. Windows11 Reset stuck on 82%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 Reset stuck on 82%: Hello Everyone, I reset my windows pc about 2 hours ago, It was resetting fine until it hit 82% It completely froze and it was stuck Can someone please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows11-reset-stuck-on-82/3e7f784d-53fd-4a75-8ce1-ed2140973ea0
  3. Windows11 Reset stuck on 82%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows11 Reset stuck on 82%: Hello Everyone, I reset my windows pc about 2 hours ago, It was resetting fine until it hit 82% It completely froze and it was stuck Can someone please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows11-reset-stuck-on-82/3e7f784d-53fd-4a75-8ce1-ed2140973ea0
  4. stuck on Bit Locker recovery screen

stuck on Bit Locker recovery screen: Hi all,My name is Ben and I need help with some weird issue that started happening after a failed windows update.Laptop: Microsoft SurfaceWindows version: Windows 11.I started windows update and, in the middle, my computer said the something went wrong in the middle of trying...
  5. Bit locker decryption issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker decryption issue: Hi, i am unable to turn off bitlocker as i forgot Administrator login credentials, Now I'm stucked can't access my files and can't reset PC,is there any way to turn bit locker off without admin privileges, pls suggest...
  6. Bit locker decryption issue

Bit locker decryption issue: Hi, i am unable to turn off bitlocker as i forgot Administrator login credentials, Now I'm stucked can't access my files and can't reset PC,is there any way to turn bit locker off without admin privileges, pls suggest...
  7. Bit locker decryption issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Stuck at Bit locker recovery loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at Bit locker recovery loop: Every time I start my laptop it asks for the BitLocker recovery key. It's like a loop I am stuck in I have to put the recovery key every time I start or restart my laptop, even after updates restart it asks for the recovery key.Can someone help me to get it fixed break this...
  9. Stuck at Bit locker recovery loop

Stuck at Bit locker recovery loop: Every time I start my laptop it asks for the BitLocker recovery key. It's like a loop I am stuck in I have to put the recovery key every time I start or restart my laptop, even after updates restart it asks for the recovery key.Can someone help me to get it fixed break this...
  10. Bit Locker Decryption Stuck

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bit Locker Decryption Stuck: BitLocker Decryption Problem: Bit Locker is stuck on decryption at 97.7%. Have tried on several laptops and via different ports. Need assistance to address this. It has been like this for several days now almost a week....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker decryption stuck

2. bitlocker stuck decrypting

3. bitlocker decrypt stuck

4. bitlocker drive decryption stuck,
  5. bitlocker decryption stuck at 99.9 fix ,
  6. bitlocker stuck decrypting at 92%,
  7. bitlocker decryption stays at 95%