Bit-locker Encryption / Cracking Windows Password

Discus and support Bit-locker Encryption / Cracking Windows Password in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hello all, Looking to implement Bit-Locker Encryption at my company. I've found you can actually add a pin to be used at the boot screen thus adding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by D3LL, May 23, 2018.

1. D3LL Win User

Hello all,

Looking to implement Bit-Locker Encryption at my company. I've found you can actually add a pin to be used at the boot screen thus adding more security. I was wondering if I just use the encryption and don't use the pin at boot would this leave open a hole for someone to use a Windows Password Reset memory stick to crack the windows password and be able to login on the PC/Laptop.

Would having a pin on boot stop this from happening?

It just seems to me adding a pin is going to be more of an inconvenience than a security feature?

Any feedback welcome.

:)

2. chandanmaurya Win User

Bit locker Encryption

Hello Fiends,

Actually my problem is that i have previously installed windows 7 ultimate(32 bit) in my desktop and to protect my data,
    encrypted the "D drive" using bit locker, then after few months, i installed
    windows 10 pro(64 bit) in my desktop without disabling the bit locker, after installation i was able to access my locked drive with same password.

Till here everything was fine, but after some days my Desktop started to lag then again i switched to
    windows 7 ultimate(64 bit).

But Now i'm not able to access my encrypted drive which was locked by bit locker with same password.

While i'm trying to unlock the encrypted drive i'm getting the massage as
    "Unable to Complete the requested operation because of either a catastrophic media failure
    or a data structure corruption on the disk".

Pls Help.

Thanks.

chandanmaurya, May 30, 2018
  3. Maheep_Gupta Win User
    BIT LOCKER DISK ENCRYPTION

I have upgraded my system from Windows 7 to windows 10 and i have applied BIT LOCKER ENCRYPTION to C: Dive as well as D: Drive.

I don't have TPM available so i have Done encryption through Without TPM.

But every time i boot the system it is asking for the Password key that ia have entered before encryption.

I don't want that every time i boot it should ask for password.

i want that at boot time the system boots automatically without any password.

Need some help in this case

Maheep Gupta

Maheep_Gupta, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Bit-locker Encryption / Cracking Windows Password - Similar Threads - Bit locker Encryption

1. Windows 10 64 bit screen flickering but on quick reboot all is fine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 64 bit screen flickering but on quick reboot all is fine: Windows 10 64 bit screen flickering and BSOD but on quick restart everythings fine. Before anybody suggest certain things, I have already done all the known fixes on the net e.g. fully uninstall and update graphics driver and windows fully up to date. My system is as above,...
  2. Will My Windows be Upgraded to 32-bit or 64-bit?

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Will My Windows be Upgraded to 32-bit or 64-bit?: You may have asked yourself which version of Windows 10 you’ll be receiving when the update rolls in around July 29th 2015. Here are the answers. Skip the introduction if you know the difference already. What’s the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit Windows? 32 and 64 bit...
  3. Removing pin sign in windows 10 64 bit.

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing pin sign in windows 10 64 bit.: Hi folks, Just installed windows 10 64 bit and I have set up a pin to sign in, though I would now prefer to go straight to desktop from boot, to save a little time. Is this possible I wonder and if someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction. Many...
  4. A new BITS job could not be created flood in event viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    A new BITS job could not be created flood in event viewer: I get the error message : A new BITS job could not be created. The current job count for the user *USER PATH HERE* (60) is equal to or greater than the job limit (60) specified through group policy. To correct the problem, complete or cancel the BITS jobs that haven't made...
  5. What differences are between 64 bit and 32 bit windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    What differences are between 64 bit and 32 bit windows 10?: Hi all, I am thinking about re-installing windows 10, but this time I want to install the 32 bit version because of Excel that is crashing when I put numbers in the cells. I know that there are other programs that can open and edit excel files, but they don’t “feel” the same....
  6. Disable PRE-boot Bit-locker timeout

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable PRE-boot Bit-locker timeout: I have had this problem before. The Pre-boot bit locker password randomly times out, sometime immediately after boot, sometime while I was typing the password. I found a solution to disable the timeout so it stays on the password page indefinitely. I can't find it anymore....
  7. Do I need to Wipe/Erase my SSD Partition after removing Bit-locker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do I need to Wipe/Erase my SSD Partition after removing Bit-locker: I own SanDisk 256gb SSD, It has 2 Partitions C: for Windows & D: for my personal data. I have encrypted Drive D: with Bitlocker in Win 10. Now for the purpose of resale should I completely Wipe Partition C & D (so that purchaser couldn't recover any of my files) or it is...