Windows 10: bit locker error: The Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version...

Discus and support bit locker error: The Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a 1TB external drive that I already encrypted it with Bitlocker To Go. But after the encryption done, I try to unlock the drive but it seem an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shahidhashmi, Sep 4, 2020.

1. bit locker error: The Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version...

I have a 1TB external drive that I already encrypted it with Bitlocker To Go. But after the encryption done, I try to unlock the drive but it seem an error occur.

The error is :

bit locker D: error: The Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version of windows. Try opening the drive using newer a version of windows.

I had tried all the way but still can't solve this error.

i use other computer to open but same issue at every computer.

before i open it many times but suddenly this happed with me and i am very tens,

Can you all please guide me how to solve the error and unlock my drive. I got the recovery key with me but I don't know how to use the recovery key.

Please guide me one by one in details. Thank you so much for the kind help. bit locker error: The Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version... 578ab803-4f37-45cd-8634-bfbc870593d0?upload=true.png

:)

shahidhashmi, Sep 4, 2020

2. bit locker error: The Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version of windows. Try opening the drive using newer a version of windows.

Hi.

I've encrypted my 320gb acer External Hard-drive. I locked it with bit locker... when locking it encryption reached at 23% then I pause encryption & removed drive.. and inserted it again...

now I am trying to unlock the drive, it is showing the following error.

The Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version of windows. Try opening the drive using newer a version of windows.

how it says this ??? when I m using same laptop and its just removed external drive for 10 seconds and also paused encryption......

I have 298GB of personal important data in it. So please help me in getting my data back.

AbhayRohisa, Sep 4, 2020
  3. chioslim Win User
    bit locker error: The Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version of windows. Try opening the drive using newer a version of windows.

Hi All,

I have a 500gb pendrive that I already encrypted it with Bitlocker To Go. But after the encryption done, I try to unlock the pendrive but it seem an error occur.

The error is :

bit locker (Dbit locker error: The Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version... :) error: The Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version of windows. Try opening the drive using newer a version of windows.

I had tried all the way but still can't solve this error. I already upgrade my BIOS to the latest one. I check my window update and it is up-to-date. Below is the image about my pendrive it show LOCKED and the error.

Can you all please guide me how to solve the error and unlock my pendrive. I got the recovery key with me but I don't know how to use the recovery key.

Please guide me one by one in details. Thank you so much for the kind help.

bit locker error: The Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version... 893f1dd2-6de7-4028-b869-dec19db6bef0.png

bit locker error: The Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version... 77627247-ebd9-4c65-81b1-31098d5ac99e.png

chioslim, Sep 4, 2020
  4. bit locker error: The Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version...

"Allow BitLocker without a compatible TPM" error mesage, can't encrypt c drive with BitLocker on Windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

BitLocker is a full disk encryption feature included to protect data by providing encryption for entire volumes or to the volume assigned.

You can use Bit locker in Windows 10 without TPM. I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Administrators must follow the steps below to configure their Windows 10 computers to allow enabling
    Bit Locker Drive Encryption without compatible TPM:

• Log on to Windows 10 computer with the account that has administrative privileges.
    • Assuming the computer has been configured to display classic
      Start menu, press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type gpedit.msc command and press
      Enter.
    • From the Local Group Policy Editor, from the left side panel of the window follow the path:
      Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates >
      Windows Components > Bit Locker Drive Encryption.
    • From the expanded list select Operating System Devices.
    • From the right pane double-click Require additional authentication at startup.
    • From the window, click on Enabled radio button and ensure
      Options section Allow Bit Locker without a compatible TPM checkbox is checked.
    • Once done, click OK button to allow the changes to take effect and close
      Local Group Policy Editor window.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

bit locker error: The Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version...

1. bit locker error: The Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version... - Similar Threads - bit locker error

2. The BitLocker encryption on this device isn't compatible with your version of Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The BitLocker encryption on this device isn't compatible with your version of Windows.: My old PC crashed. I got a new PC. I removed the additional storage HDD from the old PC and plugged it into my new PC. I was able to access files perfectly. I shut down the computer normally for the weekend. When I turn the computer back on 2 days later, the additional drive...
  3. Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version: from two days ago, my computer did an update after the restart i found many files do not open inside the encrypted partition by Bitlloker ... I opened it from another PC and the same thing some files openeing some files does not openI turned off the partation encryption ,...
  4. The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try...: I went through other forum question regarding same issue but answer are not helpful.My external drive was encrypted using windows 10 bitlocker and I was using this drive ever since but 2 days back all of a sudden I started getting this error.Couple of things I checked.Checked...
  5. The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try...

The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try...: Hi, My personal external hard drive displayed this message whenever I tried to unlock it. I find some information in this article and tried each one of the solutions provided by the experts and the problem still persists. I don't know what to do. My hard drive is 1T. It...
  6. Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows

Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows: Hi, I have the exact problem detailed below and I followed all of these same steps and I still cannot access my hardrive! It was working fine today, 19-04-2020 and I got a prompt to restart my PC and after the restart I got this error. I tried on 2 other computers running...
  7. The bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with this version of windows

The bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with this version of windows: I cannot unlock my drive. I am using a correct password and a correct key. To solve the problem, I have attempted: 1. Updating my version of windows 10 from version 1903 to version 1909 2. Opening the drive on two other PCs running windows 10 3. unlocking the encrypted...
  8. The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try...

The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try...: Hi, Please kindly assist to resolve the issue above. I have important data and photos in my 1TB hard disk. i have tried to update the BIOS but the issue still persist....
  9. BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows: I received the error "BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try opening the drive using a newer version of Windows." I know that I didn’t encrypt my Windows 10 mobile drive but it might have been another person who used my device...
  10. BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try...

BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try...: A human being who wanted to creep my privacy plugged my mobile drive on a Windows 7 and this person has always been a tech illiterate so this person might have done things beyond my understanding. So I got my drive back and it said "BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't...