Windows 10: Bit Locker external hard drive locks up laptop

Discus and support Bit Locker external hard drive locks up laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an external hard drive, which was interrupted during initial encryption. When I plug the hard drive into my laptop, I simply cannot access the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ross SJ, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Ross SJ Win User

Bit Locker external hard drive locks up laptop

I have an external hard drive, which was interrupted during initial encryption.

When I plug the hard drive into my laptop, I simply cannot access the hard drive in any way as it simply goes to error after about a minute.

Running Windows 7 Enterprise.

Help!

:)

Ross SJ, Oct 18, 2018

2. Bit locker locked drive with windows 10 in it

I have a lonova yoga book have Bit locker Id but no code drive with windows is locked

MikeTucker1, Oct 18, 2018
  3. BIT LOCKER NOT OPEN

Dear Team

i did lock my drive with bit locker but now i have do format my laptop but bit locked drive not open even i have recovery key and also match id but key is getting in invalid

So please suggest how can i open my folder

*** Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category. ***

RAHULVISHEWAKARMA, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Bit Locker external hard drive locks up laptop - Similar Threads - Bit Locker external

2. Bit locker on SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  3. Bit locker on SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  4. bit locker locked PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bit locker locked PC: Hi all. My laptop has locked and it's asking for BIT LOCKER key and I don't have it. I have searched under my account and it says it's not there. I have gone under the TROUBLESHOOT option to reset the PC and it's not allowing me to do it. How do I restore back to factory...
  5. bit locker locked PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bit locker locked PC: Hi all. My laptop has locked and it's asking for BIT LOCKER key and I don't have it. I have searched under my account and it says it's not there. I have gone under the TROUBLESHOOT option to reset the PC and it's not allowing me to do it. How do I restore back to factory...
  6. Unlocking an external hard drive with bit locker with out original notebook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlocking an external hard drive with bit locker with out original notebook: Hello, I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me. I encrypted my external HD with bit locker but the notebook I was using isn't with us anymore. How can I pick up and unlock my external on a new notebook? Because it's not being picked up by my new notebook. Kind...
  7. Hard drive installed in new laptop. Bit Locker error occuring.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hard drive installed in new laptop. Bit Locker error occuring.: Hard drive installed in new laptop. Bit Locker error occurring. Will clearing the TPM and suspending/resuming Bit Locker resolve the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-installed-in-new-laptop-bit-locker/ec2acca6-87f7-4ee9-ac7a-934904f4ddf1"
  8. bit-locker on external hard that was mistakenly started and want it to dissappear.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bit-locker on external hard that was mistakenly started and want it to dissappear.: different os before current still shows bit-locker encryption on that drive and would like it to stop with the large box notification on my display. Went to control panel as shown by other of your agents and after a reboot, it will display again. Would like to know how to...
  9. Accidentally hard drive got locked with bit locker and i don't know the password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally hard drive got locked with bit locker and i don't know the password: Can i disable the bit locker from Hard Drive as i forgot the password. And i don't even remember the recovery key? If Yes than could you give assistant with procedure?...
  10. external hard drive is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    external hard drive is locked: I add an external hard drive, Seagate Expansion Drive. I moved my Libraries, including my iTunes library and all the files, from my internal hard drive (c://). I now have several problems. A network path to this drive, appears to go through another external drive. E:...