Windows 10: Bit Locker Key

Discus and support Bit Locker Key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Daughter laptop requesting bit locker recovery key. She didn't change anything. But overnight, its now requesting this. So assume an update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KKH_11, Jun 19, 2020.

1. KKH_11 Win User

Bit Locker Key

Daughter laptop requesting bit locker recovery key.

She didn't change anything.

But overnight, its now requesting this. So assume an update occurred, that impacted this.

Ive checked our MS account and there no recovery keys there. He device is not even listed.

Is there a workaround, or fix. Ive looked at the support notes, and don't have a print out of the key or usb stick etc..

any help would be appreciated. As were stuck on the blue screen Bit locker screen.

:)

KKH_11, Jun 19, 2020

2. Bit Locker Recovery Key

Hello Sylvia,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. What is the error message appears when you’re trying to enter a Bit locker key?
    2. What is the version of Windows 10 you have installed?
    3. What is the make and model number of your computer?

Issues might be happening because of entering Incorrect Bit Locker recovery key. Bit Locker key password will be a 48-digit alpha numeric characters.

However you may refer this article on how to find
    Bit Locker recovery
    key.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Jun 19, 2020
  3. bit locker key

What happened to my computer?

Why, out of the blue did I have to access the bit locker key to gain access to my computer?

And why does it continue to ask me for the bit locker key whenever I turn it on?

Has my computer been compromised? What do I need to do to fix it?

GailMorrisT, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Bit Locker Key

Bit locker key

Is the Bit locker key, the same as your product key for Windows 10 Home?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

BrettRogers, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Bit Locker Key

1. Bit Locker Key - Similar Threads - Bit Locker Key

2. Bit locker keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bit locker keys: I don’t have one. How can I get past this obstacle?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker-keys/43952f03-76e5-4f03-bc58-4b616b70586f
  3. Bit locker key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker key: I can’t find my bit locker key, and when I try to reset my computer it says there’s a problem resetting and sends me back to the blue bit locker screen. How do I fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker-key/9a9fa7d4-6e72-4f9b-b990-fb83a42dd22a
  4. Bit locker / key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker / key: My computer has been bit locked and I do not have the key, I have tried a few things in the command prompt screen trying to recover the key but cannot get the computer to unlock, can Microsoft recover the key with the recovery key ID?...
  5. Bit locker / key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bit locker / key: My computer has been bit locked and I do not have the key, I have tried a few things in the command prompt screen trying to recover the key but cannot get the computer to unlock, can Microsoft recover the key with the recovery key ID?...
  6. Bit Locker Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bit Locker Key: I have a ideapad MIIX300 and tried to reset it now it wants a bit locker key, I can't remember setting anything up for this device and can't find anything on any of my accounts...
  7. Bit Locker Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit Locker Key: I have a ideapad MIIX300 and tried to reset it now it wants a bit locker key, I can't remember setting anything up for this device and can't find anything on any of my accounts...
  8. BIT LOCKER KEY

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    BIT LOCKER KEY: PLEASE SHARE CUSTOMER CARE NUMBER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker-key/72c36b7f-dd29-4d46-8603-343749c0daba
  9. Bit locker key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bit locker key: Bit locker won’t except any of the keys from my Microsoft account. What’s the next step to get it unlocked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker-key/6f32b5b8-4c79-48ae-941f-0ef2c8042a07
  10. bit locker key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bit locker key: I am needing the bit locker key for my daughters computer to unlock it and of course we cannot find it or find where it might have been written down or saved to a file. Is there any other way to get it? its a Dell Inspiron 15....