Windows 10: bit locker on why

Discus and support bit locker on why in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi have a Lenovo 100s /111by since update kb4462919 bit locker is preventing start upo f windows 10 have tried all the things to get it working again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by beverleypage, Dec 13, 2018.

1. bit locker on why

hi have a Lenovo 100s /111by since update kb4462919 bit locker is preventing start upo f windows 10 have tried all the things to get it working again but as this ideapad only has 1 drive with no other boot option in bios which you cannot get into anyway as you cannot get past bit locker

and if I go into my Microsoft account bit locker is on and I cannot change it to off but 1 day before this update in my account it was off please tell me how to resolve the issue

brrpage

:)

beverleypage, Dec 13, 2018

2. no bit locker

How do i download bit locker on to my pc? have windows 10 but no bit locker

vincejankowski, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Bit Locker Recovery Key

Hello Sylvia,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. What is the error message appears when you’re trying to enter a Bit locker key?
    2. What is the version of Windows 10 you have installed?
    3. What is the make and model number of your computer?

Issues might be happening because of entering Incorrect Bit Locker recovery key. Bit Locker key password will be a 48-digit alpha numeric characters.

However you may refer this article on how to find
    Bit Locker recovery
    key.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Dec 13, 2018
  4. bit locker on why

Windows 10: How to hardware encrypt using bit locker without TPM.

Hi Ajit,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with encrypting the hard drive on Windows 10.

This issue might be due to problems with change in group policy settings for bit locker.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you created any system restore point on the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to manage the bit locker settings in the group policy settings by following the below link and check if it helps.

First before performing any changes in Bit locker settings, I suggest you to create System Restore point on the computer. So that we can restore back to previous Windows state if any issues occurs.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-system-restore-point

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help Article about managing bit locker settings in the Group policy settings and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/What-Group-Policy-settings-are-used-with-BitLocker

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Please get back to us with an update on bit locker issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

bit locker on why

1. bit locker on why - Similar Threads - bit locker why

2. Bit locker is suspending by itself, why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker is suspending by itself, why?: Bit locker keeps suspending itself. Using bit locker manager to resume but suspends days later.Why is this happening? There are too many posts about 'how do I turn bit locker off' to find any relevant info. Thank youAlienware m18, Win 11 Pro x64 22H2 ver 22621.213413th Gen...
  3. Bit locker is suspending by itself, why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bit locker is suspending by itself, why?: Bit locker keeps suspending itself. Using bit locker manager to resume but suspends days later.Why is this happening? There are too many posts about 'how do I turn bit locker off' to find any relevant info. Thank youAlienware m18, Win 11 Pro x64 22H2 ver 22621.213413th Gen...
  4. Bit-locker

Bit-locker: I have my account and device listed but when I go to the bit locker it says no key is there and I ha e no other way to access it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker/1c767e1d-c2c4-4968-a5e4-abbe3f47129a
  5. Bit Locker

Bit Locker: My computer will not open without me putting in my bit locker number. How can I fix this? I have the number but when it goes to sleep or shuts off, it takes me to the bit locker screen to enter then number everytime. Any help is greatly appreciated....
  6. Bit Locker

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bit Locker: My computer will not open without me putting in my bit locker number. How can I fix this? I have the number but when it goes to sleep or shuts off, it takes me to the bit locker screen to enter then number everytime. Any help is greatly appreciated....
  7. Bit locker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bit locker: Hi, whilst deploying bitlocker on to my hard drive an error occurred, which has locked the drive. I have a key but it doesn't work. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker/02fc44b9-55b0-402a-b560-6140ec581a46
  8. Bit Locker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bit Locker: I can't Access My drive. How can I fix the problem?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker/4431a0c4-2db6-4ee9-83fc-fa4c16578153
  9. bit locker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bit locker: How do I turn on bitlocker for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker/461aea9a-5011-4f29-9005-254c5d3ea402"
  10. Bit Locker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bit Locker: I use Bit Locker encryption on all of my Thumb drives that contain personal data. Has anyone else of late, noticed the slow down of Bit Locker USB full encryption process. 7-8hrs to encrypt a Sandisk 128 GB Thumb drive is ridiculous.*Sad 114692