Windows 10: BIT.tmp and wct.tmp files , can you tell me what is it?

Discus and support BIT.tmp and wct.tmp files , can you tell me what is it? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just formatted my computer, but something happens to me that I don't know if it happens to others , I have certain files in the local temp folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OMARVAZQUEZ7, Jul 31, 2021.

1. BIT.tmp and wct.tmp files , can you tell me what is it?

I just formatted my computer, but something happens to me that I don't know if it happens to others , I have certain files in the local temp folder called BIT number and letter mixed and they are .tmp files for example BITFB7A.tmp, I realized that they are files that are hidden This is followed by wct files with mixed letter and number similar to BIT files. I wonder if they are Microsoft update files or not, and if not, can you tell me clearly what they are, please? , I am scared when I see things that I do not understand on my computer equipment and sometimes I can be a little paranoid, can

:)

OMARVAZQUEZ7, Jul 31, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

New .tmp file each day that cannot be removed following recent update

No, no problem clearing my %temp% (and no wct----.tmp files either)

BIT.tmp and wct.tmp files , can you tell me what is it? [​IMG]

This thread suggests the problem was around in Win7 as well as Win10 and may well involve the Norton Web Curator Tool.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/p...0-efe7d73bb09a

3. How to change location of MSI????.tmp file

Hi,

You may change the location of the .tmp file by following the steps provided below:

• Go to This PC.
    • Right-click This PC, and then select Advanced System Setting.
    • Click Environment Variables.
    • Under system variable, double-click tmp and change the path for the file of your reference.

If the location still can't be changed, we suggest that you post it on our
    MSDN forum
    . We have highly technical users and IT professionals there that can address your concern.

Feel free to contact us if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Jul 31, 2021
  4. BIT.tmp and wct.tmp files , can you tell me what is it?

TMP FILE

So everytime I start my pc there pops up a TMP FILE and it tells me where I should open it at. I dont know what I've done to get that...

Stefan Hamzic, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

BIT.tmp and wct.tmp files , can you tell me what is it?

1. BIT.tmp and wct.tmp files , can you tell me what is it? - Similar Threads - BIT tmp wct

2. What is IExp1.tmp? Can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is IExp1.tmp? Can I delete it?: Using Windows 10 Pro - I have a 10 GB folder with 10,000 files named IExp1.tmp dated 7-15-2021. What is this? Can I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-iexp1tmp-can-i-delete-it/2e88108b-0381-4d4e-be0e-dd8ab7edd8a6
  3. What is the "TMP" folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the "TMP" folder?: I have this "TMP" folder on my second drive : And inside of it, there are a lot of strange files :Can I delete this folder safely? Because some files are new from today in it 13 GB, so I don't know if it's a Windows thing...
  4. What is the "TMP" folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the "TMP" folder?: I have this "TMP" folder on my second drive : And inside of it, there are a lot of strange files :Can I delete this folder safely? Because some files are new from today in it 13 GB, so I don't know if it's a Windows thing...
  5. tmp files .tmp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    tmp files .tmp: I can empty all data in local temp folder , but as soon as open any web browser like Chrome or Microsoft edge they reappear. The files look like fc11a109-3f15-45b0-b483-630e1584a674.tmp. If I try then to delete the files individually, I get the message " The action can't be...
  6. Can I Delete these .tmp files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I Delete these .tmp files?: Looking at this folder <C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security\EFR\sentree\protections> I see a lot of tmp files - over 1400 - with a name UIDxxxxx_info.json.tmp, where x is a number, and all showing the current date. Is it safe to delete these files, not that...
  7. What uses Tmp and temp?

in Windows 10 Support
    What uses Tmp and temp?: The Windows OS uses those folders. In the old days, you could safely delete anything in those folders as it didn't matter. Now days, I'm pretty sure Windows 10 will monitor delete and update as necessary. 148332
  8. Unusual tmp files

Unusual tmp files: I navigated to a folder on my local server and noticed that a tmp file flashed in to view briefly in the folder and then disappeared. I was able to open a properties view window before it disappeared. It showed a file named EVPS_1744_4132_20201613742.tmp owned by the...
  9. tmp files

tmp files: I have loads of 'tmp' files being created hourly and find this very annoying. Only started happening in last 2 weeks. Anyone know how I can stop these from being created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files/743ff527-0706-4d34-8617-95f837722af4"
  10. tmp file malware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    tmp file malware: I believe my new laptop has been attacked and is now affected by a file named tmp file. How do I remove this tmp malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/tmp-file-malware/31b58fd1-b852-41c9-911f-5d28e92e6472

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 bit.tmp and wct.tmp