Windows 10: Bitdefender can't scan password protected files in C:\Windows\servicin

Discus and support Bitdefender can't scan password protected files in C:\Windows\servicin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just ran a scan of my C: drive (Win 10 (1909)) and got this result... [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have never seen this before on Windows 7 or Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ghot, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Ghot Win User

Bitdefender can't scan password protected files in C:\Windows\servicin

Just ran a scan of my C: drive (Win 10 (1909)) and got this result...

Bitdefender can't scan password protected files in C:\Windows\servicin MxyouDm.png

Bitdefender can't scan password protected files in C:\Windows\servicin Lrlnjh0.png

I have never seen this before on Windows 7 or Windows 10. In fact, I've been using Bitdefender Internet Security for 7 years now, and I've NEVER seen it spit out a "can't scan because password protected" before.

Only things I've done recently was to install the Preview Update KB 4559004, and to install "Link Shell Extension" (which scanned clean) from this topic...

What in the world is this folder/file

/e I probably haven't run a scan between June 10 and now, but, I've just never seen this before.

Here is one of the three file paths that were skipped..

C:\Windows\servicing\LCU\Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~18362.997.1.6\amd64_microsoft-windows-lpksetup_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.18362.719_none_7755da9afdf64846\f\muilanguagecleanup.dll

:)

2. Ghot Win User

Just ran a scan of my C: drive (Win 10 (1909)) and got this result...

Bitdefender can't scan password protected files in C:\Windows\servicin MxyouDm.png

Bitdefender can't scan password protected files in C:\Windows\servicin Lrlnjh0.png

I have never seen this before on Windows 7 or Windows 10. In fact, I've been using Bitdefender Internet Security for 7 years now, and I've NEVER seen it spit out a "can't scan because password protected" before.

Only things I've done recently was to install the Preview Update KB 4559004, and to install "Link Shell Extension" (which scanned clean) from this topic...

What in the world is this folder/file

/e I probably haven't run a scan between June 10 and now, but, I've just never seen this before.

Here is one of the three file paths that were skipped..

C:\Windows\servicing\LCU\Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~18362.997.1.6\amd64_microsoft-windows-lpksetup_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.18362.719_none_7755da9afdf64846\f\muilanguagecleanup.dll

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I just restored from a backup from 7/25/2020 which I made about 10 minutes before I did the Optional preview Update from MS. Then I scanned the LCU folder again, and now it has only TWO password protected files.

It seems that Microsoft Update Tuesday in June, and then again in July, each put one of these password protected files in the sub folders of the LCU folder. Since restoring from the backup... now there are only TWO sub folders in the LCU folder, and each of those has one password protected file inside... according to Bitdefender.

Since restoring from the 7/25 backup, the bottom-most folder (7/25), no longer exists.

3. Ghot Win User

Well, I just deleted the folders in LCU, the old fashioned way. Right click and choose delete. Rebooted comp and all seems fine, so I guess well see.

And yeah, the AV just notified me it couldn't scan them cause they were password protected, it didn't say they were infected or anything. I've just never seen that before...ever.

What would be another scanner, that I can run once to double check. Something that won't conflict with Bitdefender Internet Security 2020?

4. Callender Win User

Most of us just get rid of that folder's contents. (Empty the folder)

How to clean files in C:\Windows\servicing\LCU

Re: Password protected archives. My AV scans them only if the password is known and can be entered.

Callender, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Bitdefender can't scan password protected files in C:\Windows\servicin - Similar Threads - Bitdefender can't scan

2. 299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender: I'm using Bitdefender Total Security and ran a system scan, however in the log of the scan I noticed that 299 files were skipped due to being password-protected. I have all of their paths, but I didn't want to paste it here to fill up the page although I can provide it if...
  3. 299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender: I'm using Bitdefender Total Security and ran a system scan, however in the log of the scan I noticed that 299 files were skipped due to being password-protected. I have all of their paths, but I didn't want to paste it here to fill up the page although I can provide it if...
  4. Virus scan of a .7Z compressed and password protected file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus scan of a .7Z compressed and password protected file.: After analyze with Windows security scan a password protected compressed .7Z file I didn't receive any virus report despite that after uncompres it, I obtained an .EXE file that Microsoft Security Anti Virus immediately reported as an executable with a very dangerous virus. I...
  5. Virus scan of a .7Z compressed and password protected file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus scan of a .7Z compressed and password protected file.: After analyze with Windows security scan a password protected compressed .7Z file I didn't receive any virus report despite that after uncompres it, I obtained an .EXE file that Microsoft Security Anti Virus immediately reported as an executable with a very dangerous virus. I...
  6. Virus scan of a .7Z compressed and password protected file.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Password protected files

Password protected files: Hello, I recently ran antivirus scan from Bitdefender and results came okay but it says six files were password protected whose extensions are CSPproxy.dll and MUILANGUAGE.dll. I am worried, is my pc virus infected or these are just microsoft files hidden under password...
  8. Password protected files in C:\Windows\WinSxS ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password protected files in C:\Windows\WinSxS ?: While doing a full system scan Bitdefender found two password protected file: C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-lpksetup_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.18362.719_none_7755da9afdf64846\f\MUILanguageCleanup.dll...
  9. I can't password protect files.

I can't password protect files.: When I get to advanced options, my computer won't allow me the option to password protect files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-password-protect-files/b35f833a-fe2a-485d-8ab6-2863d5e6a8b8
  10. Password-protected files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password-protected files: Dear All, My antivirus detected password-protected windows files that were not possible to scan and skipped from scanning. I have never set a password on any file, either document, app or system files. Is it normal to have password-protected windows files in the system? If...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. muilanguagecleanup.dll password protected

2. bitdefender cannot scan password protected files