Windows 10: Bitdefender is nagging me

Discus and support Bitdefender is nagging me in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Having ditched AVG because of its persistent nagging to upgrade to the paid version, I am now using Bitdefender free, but it is now nagging me several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Stevekir, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Stevekir Win User

Bitdefender is nagging me

Having ditched AVG because of its persistent nagging to upgrade to the paid version, I am now using Bitdefender free, but it is now nagging me several times an hour to open an account.

If I did open an account, what would the result be? More nags to upgrade, unsolicited advertising, etc. ???

If so, I will ditch it too and rely on my Malwarebytes (free) and Windows Defender.

:)

Stevekir, Jan 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 falsely reports BitDefender free Edition is off

BitDefender finds no malware. MalwareBytes found one trojan, can't tell if that's responsible. Also ran BitDefender repair. No more false nags so far.

Peter Brawley, Jan 6, 2018
  3. J3Three Win User
    Two laptops same day with DCP WATCHDOG VIOLATION, I'm assuming an update

SOLVED....

I'll begin by being fair, I've been very happy with bitdefender free for several years, very little nagging, and a good well regarded program overall. The update they pushed that installed on both my computers yesterday was bad, and the cause of the problem
    on my two machines.

Uninstalled, and both are working. The suggestions given here did get me off looking at all the drivers, and while I was blaming Windows Update (because a couple updates did happen in the same time frame), it turns out it was a BitDefender update instead.

So, although it cost me a day of my life, I'll be fair. I'm sure Bitdefender updated itself hundreds of times over the past 4 or so years without event. So the update on Friday was the Windows 8 of Bitdefender updates. Hopefully they will be fixing it
    soon.

Thanks for the very speedy replies, Spirit X!

J3Three, Jan 6, 2018
  4. Bitdefender is nagging me

Once you register, no nags, ever, just like with Avast, where you have to register once a year.
    You can use any email and password, it does not ask you to verify it, If I recall it correctly.

TairikuOkami, Jan 6, 2018
  5. axe0 New Member
    I have paid Bitdefender TS and the only time I get something like an ad is when my subscription nearly ends and it tells me that I can use the winter sale to extend the subscription with a huge discount. That's once a year only.

I believe Bitdefender free doesn't nag you.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bitdefender is nagging me

1. Bitdefender is nagging me - Similar Threads - Bitdefender nagging

2. how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update: how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-startup-corruption-after-bitdefender/901446bd-d0ad-4fc3-b428-118a45ad6cbc
  3. how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update: how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-startup-corruption-after-bitdefender/901446bd-d0ad-4fc3-b428-118a45ad6cbc
  4. how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender: I'm using Bitdefender Total Security and ran a system scan, however in the log of the scan I noticed that 299 files were skipped due to being password-protected. I have all of their paths, but I didn't want to paste it here to fill up the page although I can provide it if...
  6. 299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender

299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender: I'm using Bitdefender Total Security and ran a system scan, however in the log of the scan I noticed that 299 files were skipped due to being password-protected. I have all of their paths, but I didn't want to paste it here to fill up the page although I can provide it if...
  7. Bitdefender Geräteinformationen wird Windows 10.0.22631 angezeigt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitdefender Geräteinformationen wird Windows 10.0.22631 angezeigt.: Unter Bitdefender Geräteinformationen wird Windows 10.0.22631 angezeigt obwohl ich Windows 11 benutze.Ist das ein Fehler, und was kann ich tun?...
  8. Bitdefender Geräteinformationen wird Windows 10.0.22631 angezeigt.

Bitdefender Geräteinformationen wird Windows 10.0.22631 angezeigt.: Unter Bitdefender Geräteinformationen wird Windows 10.0.22631 angezeigt obwohl ich Windows 11 benutze.Ist das ein Fehler, und was kann ich tun?...
  9. Bitdefender detecting "resident" autorun.inf virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitdefender detecting "resident" autorun.inf virus?: I've been experiencing some _extremely_ unusual things in regards to my windows installs and Microsoft account, and I'm quietly hoping that someone far more knowledgeable than myself might be able to allay or confirm some concerns. I started experiencing some strange account...
  10. Bitdefender detecting "resident" autorun.inf virus?

Bitdefender detecting "resident" autorun.inf virus?: I've been experiencing some _extremely_ unusual things in regards to my windows installs and Microsoft account, and I'm quietly hoping that someone far more knowledgeable than myself might be able to allay or confirm some concerns. I started experiencing some strange account...