Windows 10: Bitdefender is nagging me

Discus and support Bitdefender is nagging me in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Having ditched AVG because of its persistent nagging to upgrade to the paid version, I am now using Bitdefender free, but it is now nagging me several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Stevekir, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Stevekir Win User

Bitdefender is nagging me

Having ditched AVG because of its persistent nagging to upgrade to the paid version, I am now using Bitdefender free, but it is now nagging me several times an hour to open an account.

If I did open an account, what would the result be? More nags to upgrade, unsolicited advertising, etc. ???

If so, I will ditch it too and rely on my Malwarebytes (free) and Windows Defender.

:)

Stevekir, Jan 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 falsely reports BitDefender free Edition is off

BitDefender finds no malware. MalwareBytes found one trojan, can't tell if that's responsible. Also ran BitDefender repair. No more false nags so far.

Peter Brawley, Jan 6, 2018
  3. J3Three Win User
    Two laptops same day with DCP WATCHDOG VIOLATION, I'm assuming an update

SOLVED....

I'll begin by being fair, I've been very happy with bitdefender free for several years, very little nagging, and a good well regarded program overall. The update they pushed that installed on both my computers yesterday was bad, and the cause of the problem
    on my two machines.

Uninstalled, and both are working. The suggestions given here did get me off looking at all the drivers, and while I was blaming Windows Update (because a couple updates did happen in the same time frame), it turns out it was a BitDefender update instead.

So, although it cost me a day of my life, I'll be fair. I'm sure Bitdefender updated itself hundreds of times over the past 4 or so years without event. So the update on Friday was the Windows 8 of Bitdefender updates. Hopefully they will be fixing it
    soon.

Thanks for the very speedy replies, Spirit X!

J3Three, Jan 6, 2018
  4. Bitdefender is nagging me

Once you register, no nags, ever, just like with Avast, where you have to register once a year.
    You can use any email and password, it does not ask you to verify it, If I recall it correctly.

TairikuOkami, Jan 6, 2018
  5. axe0 New Member
    I have paid Bitdefender TS and the only time I get something like an ad is when my subscription nearly ends and it tells me that I can use the winter sale to extend the subscription with a huge discount. That's once a year only.

I believe Bitdefender free doesn't nag you.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bitdefender is nagging me

1. Bitdefender is nagging me - Similar Threads - Bitdefender nagging

2. Do we really need anti-virus/anti-malware software? e.g. BitDefender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do we really need anti-virus/anti-malware software? e.g. BitDefender?: Hello Do we really need anti-virus/anti-malware software? I have been using BitDefender Total Security (v2019), but GBP 70.00 seems expensive. Plus I am wondering how much it slows my PC down... J 139924
  3. Reinstall Bitdefender for Mac |

in Windows 10 Support
    Reinstall Bitdefender for Mac |: First, restart your Mac in Safe Boot and after this, restart your Mac without pressing anything else and it will start in normal mode by default. Reinstall Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac from your Central account. Now, conduct a manual update by opening the main interface and...
  4. Why does bitdefender think rundll32.exe and explorer.exe are viruses

Why does bitdefender think rundll32.exe and explorer.exe are viruses: pls halp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-does-bitdefender-think-rundll32exe-and/aa33123d-33de-4ac9-b3ba-e7b693885828
  5. Cannot hide file extensions - Bitdefender

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot hide file extensions - Bitdefender: I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2019 yesterday and just realized today that the file extensions are showing. When I try to hide the extensions, it doesn't work. I realize that Bitdefender is the culprit but is there any way to get around this without uninstalling it?...
  6. Bitdefender Threw Up A Ridiculous Infected File Warning

Bitdefender Threw Up A Ridiculous Infected File Warning: At least I think it was ridiculous. I was on Windows Central and wanted to create a double click system restore point using a shortcut (scroll down) on the page: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-c...e-double-click and Bitdefender came at me and said: The file...
  7. Cant delete local disk created by file vault on bitdefender

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant delete local disk created by file vault on bitdefender: Hi I wanted to try out the file vault system on bitdefender. It created a local disk on my computer and i want to get rid of the local disk but when i delete it through bitdefender it doesn't delete the disk. I've tried computer management but the drive doesn't even exist....
  8. The new Ransomware Remediation feature in Bitdefender 2019

The new Ransomware Remediation feature in Bitdefender 2019: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer.../answer/13349/ Anyone using Bitdefender and care to comment on this feature. I suppose I am most curious if anything has gone amiss if it is enabled such as a corrupted system file or perhaps it misfires and starts encrypting things...
  9. How to run blocked application in Win 10 - Bitdefender

How to run blocked application in Win 10 - Bitdefender: After an update of Win 10 on 3 PC's, one of them refuses to run any part of the Bitdefender free edition. These 3 PC's all having been running Win 10 and bitdefender for about a year, only one is affected. It displays the message: "This app has been blocked for your...
  10. Bitdefender Total Security 2019 Renewal Question

Bitdefender Total Security 2019 Renewal Question: I have been pretty happy with Bitdefender Total Security 2018 and plan to renew when my subscription expires. Online chat support is excellent BTW. Right now I have "Total Security" but there is also "Internet Security" Everything in the latter is included in the former....