Windows 10: Bitdefender issue - currently configuring Bitdefender VPN & not finishing after many hours.

Discus and support Bitdefender issue - currently configuring Bitdefender VPN & not finishing after many hours. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There is a warning saying DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR DEVICE, do not restart whilst configuring. Could Windows preventing the completion of the Bitdefender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ThelmaMC, Nov 8, 2020.

1. ThelmaMC Win User

Bitdefender issue - currently configuring Bitdefender VPN & not finishing after many hours.

There is a warning saying DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR DEVICE, do not restart whilst configuring. Could Windows preventing the completion of the Bitdefender configuration? Its manual says the whole configuration should take a few moments so I'm assuming it is failing to do it.

Is it safe to switch off my laptop as it's obviously not going to finish configuring?

:)

ThelmaMC, Nov 8, 2020
  2. Vijay B Win User

BitDefender missing

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I would suggest you to search for BitDefender in the search next to start. If you are not able to find and if you have BitDefender CD/DVD, then I would suggest you to re-install BitDefender.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Nov 8, 2020
  3. New Bitdefender 2016 Release and Issue

Today Bitdefender released its latest version of its anti-virus suit. Bitdefender 2016. They have introduced a cool new module to help keep people safe from ransomware. You can even set what documents you want to protect in particular which in itself is awesome. The firewall has also been revamped.

With that being said I was excited to upgrade to Bitdefender 2016 today when it released after running the beta and running Bitdefender 2015 for over a year without issue. Sadly the developers have dropped the ball. Apparently once you install Bitdefender 2016 you will not be able to shut down your computer. You can only put it to sleep. Even if you restart the system get ready for a LONG wait.

Concerned I did something wrong I contacted Bitdefender directly and also checked their forums. The same issue is all over the place. I wasn't alone. Bitdefender currently is aware of the issue and has been able to replicate it. So if you are a Bitdefender user I would personally hold off on "upgrading" for a while and stick with what you have. Also note Bitdefender 2015 runs great on Windows 10 and earlier OS versions.

Ill post back once I get confirmation from Bitdefender the issue has been resolved. I have a feeling it has to do with the new ransomware module. Just wanted to give TPU users a heads up. I just cannot belive they didn't run into this before launch. The beta testing was pretty extreme. I guess it wasn't enough lol.

TheMailMan78, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Bitdefender issue - currently configuring Bitdefender VPN & not finishing after many hours.

Current version of Bitdefender

Hi. I've used Bitdefender for a few years - current version is 1.0.21.1109 and in Programs & Features it's listed as Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition.

However, if you go to bitdefender.co.uk and scroll down to the bottom of the homepage where it says Tools & Resources/Free Antivirus, it leads you to a file called bitdefender_online.exe. This file promised to overwrite my existing bitdefender and replace it with a new version 'fully compliant with Windows 10' (or words to that effect). That didn't happen - I got a program installed called 'Bitdefender Agent' and the installer for bitdefender_online.exe went into a loop at every restart.

Can anyone tell me what the 'proper' version of Bitdefender for W10 is? Thank you.

dortmunder, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Bitdefender issue - currently configuring Bitdefender VPN & not finishing after many hours.

1. Bitdefender issue - currently configuring Bitdefender VPN & not finishing after many hours. - Similar Threads - Bitdefender issue currently

2. Bitdefender setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitdefender setup: I'm the admin for a small business. We've just purchased Bitdefender. When a team member goes to load it onto their PC they receive a message requesting that an Admin login to enable the .exe file. How can this be managed remotely?...
  3. Weird issues with PC, BitDefender related?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird issues with PC, BitDefender related?: submitted by /u/AcceptableMenu9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtvcaq/weird_issues_with_pc_bitdefender_related/
  4. Bitdefender

Bitdefender: I have Bitdefender - can windows security be on too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/bitdefender/8402e31d-fd6d-4f5e-adc0-d55ed4c93d21
  5. bitdefender bug

bitdefender bug: In Windows 10 fast track, if Bitdefender is turned off, the following work: Code: C:\Users\jar_2>nslookup www.yahoo.com Server: cdns01.comcast.net Address: 2001:558:feed::1 Non-authoritative answer: Name: fd-fp3.wg1.b.yahoo.com Addresses: 2001:4998:58:c02::a9...
  6. bitdefender free edition

bitdefender free edition: to my surprise, it installed on windows 10. can I assume it does what it is supposed to? edit: I posted this question on the bitdefender forum. I saw that the latest build of free edition was announced with the hope that it would support windows 10. My immediate reaction...
  7. BitDefender Or Malware Bytes ?

BitDefender Or Malware Bytes ?: Hello, Brand new W10 user. a. Is it true that if you use a third party ant-virus program, the one MS provides with W10 (Called Defender ?) is automatically turned off ? If so, any workaround ? The paid third party ones so much better, that losing the MS is worth it...
  8. Bitdefender

Bitdefender: I have eliminated BitDefender, and now it sometimes appears me the error message that I attach. What is it? What does he/she want to say? How do I do to eliminate him/it? Thanks 99927
  9. Current version of Bitdefender

Current version of Bitdefender: Hi. I've used Bitdefender for a few years - current version is 1.0.21.1109 and in Programs & Features it's listed as Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition. However, if you go to bitdefender.co.uk and scroll down to the bottom of the homepage where it says Tools &...
  10. Bitdefender and Malwarebytes

Bitdefender and Malwarebytes: I installed Bitdefender Free 2017 this morning and it said it was incompatible with Malwarebytes 3. Does BD do most of what MBM did or do I need to install another program? I have disabled Windows Defender for reasons mentioned in this thread. 81000