Windows 10: Bitdefender VHD/VHDX compared to other 3rd party software

Discus and support Bitdefender VHD/VHDX compared to other 3rd party software in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've spent an awful lot of time searching on Internet for a decent (and recent) comparison review on Bitdefender container encryption (VHD/VHDX) versus... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mike_884, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Mike_884 Win User

Bitdefender VHD/VHDX compared to other 3rd party software

I've spent an awful lot of time searching on Internet for a decent (and recent) comparison review on Bitdefender container encryption (VHD/VHDX) versus other 3rd party software such as VeraCrypt, AxCrypt, BestCrypt, etc.

Except for a wiki document I haven't found anything. Found one or two global reviews, that are -at best- roughly summing up what the products can do, but do not really show the technical pros and cons of the products.

For private use:

Bitdefender comes free with Windows Pro
    VeraCrypt is also free
    AxCrypt Premium for Individuals costs about usd.42 per year
    BestCrypt Container Encryption initial purchase for 1 year costs some usd. 73 per year (no idea about the charge for extending the license)

All above seem to offer about the same. Why purchasing 3rd party software then?

(also considering the (very) remote chance that 3rd party drivers may pose issues)
    What are they technically offering over the free products?

For instance, in case of Bitdefender, what if.. your pc breaks down and you do not have any access to your virtual drives (VHD/VHDX)?
    Is it possible to store such virtual drives on OneDrive?
    Is it possible to access those then whilst using a laptop?

Appreciate views.

Thanks.

:)

Mike_884, Dec 8, 2019
  2. MySQLGeek Win User
    MySQLGeek, Dec 8, 2019
  3. 3rd party software

What 3rd party software do you get?

Laura

Laura Rooke, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Bitdefender VHD/VHDX compared to other 3rd party software

N73 3rd Party Software

what's that 3rd party software? you will need also a 3rd party file explorer that can edit/delete files in your phone, because the buit-in file explorer have limited function!

android---01, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Bitdefender VHD/VHDX compared to other 3rd party software

1. Bitdefender VHD/VHDX compared to other 3rd party software - Similar Threads - Bitdefender VHD VHDX

2. 3rd party software recommendations please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd party software recommendations please: I've created unallocated space on the d drive in disk management & now need 3rd party software to move the space to the c drive. Looking for recommendations from the software users, not developers or employees of software houses thanks....
  3. Use of legacy 3rd party software

Use of legacy 3rd party software: With Windows 11 can I still run legacy 3rd party software as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-legacy-3rd-party-software/3a0dbfaa-5718-4f40-b531-6589e1a35fdd
  4. Using 3rd Party Imaging Software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using 3rd Party Imaging Software: When creating a disk image is it necessary to backup all partitions on the diskor only c:?What would happen when try to restore an image of c:,will it try to delete all other partitions or simply replace c:?Also, Window Disk Management is reporting 2 drives C: and Disk 0...
  5. VHD(X) versus 3rd party software - looking for views/recommendations

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VHD(X) versus 3rd party software - looking for views/recommendations: Up front: I am sorry when posting in the wrong forum. Could not a find a suitable one. For more than 20 years I have been using 3rd party software that creates/uses an encrypted container. It is on a subscription basis, roughly Usd 85 every 2 years. It is fairly user...
  6. VHD(X) versus 3rd party software - looking for views/recommendations

in Windows 10 Support
    VHD(X) versus 3rd party software - looking for views/recommendations: Up front: I am sorry when posting in the wrong forum. Could not a find a suitable one. For more than 20 years I have been using 3rd party software that creates/uses an encrypted container. It is on a subscription basis, roughly Usd 85 every 2 years. It is fairly user...
  7. Install 3rd Party Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install 3rd Party Software: I attempted to install 3rd party software (IObit Uninstaller) by double-clicking on the downloaded .exe file in my Download folder. I received the following Windows 10 message window: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...
  8. 3rd party software update failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3rd party software update failed: I am trying to install GarminExpress on my laptop to update my GPS but the installation fails. Garmin says it has something to do with my account or my security on my laptop but I haven't the foggiest idea what it could possibly be. I have no idea what to do to change...
  9. 3rd party antivirus software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd party antivirus software: I'm thinking about getting Trend Micro antivirus software for my laptop. Is Trend Micro compatible with Windows 10 Home version 1803? Has anyone used Trend Micro and if so, how do you like it? Thank you for your time....
  10. 3rd Party Software - Self Installation

3rd Party Software - Self Installation: Hi, yesterday the 8th I noticed a very peculiar issue that has only just started. It seems that at startup Windows is reinstalling 3rd party software that is already currently installed and has been for some time. I only noticed this because for some reason while...