Windows 10: Bitlock adding 2nd drive

Discus and support Bitlock adding 2nd drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have a laptop which is bit locked. I do not have the bit locker key or password, but I have a 6 digit PIN. I can start the laptop... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JeremyWrightcoolbeans, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Bitlock adding 2nd drive

Hello,

I have a laptop which is bit locked.

I do not have the bit locker key or password, but I have a 6 digit PIN.

I can start the laptop successfully with the pin and login to Windows 10.

If I add a 2nd internal hard drive, which is say already formatted to FAT32, or NTFS,

Can I then boot using the PIN, and read/write to the 2nd drive without the 2nd drive being bitlocked?

Many thanks

:)

JeremyWrightcoolbeans, Oct 9, 2020

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Bitlock adding 2nd drive

BitLocker key cannot unlock the disk. Neither can i reinstall cause the drive is blocked

Hi Havard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you try to unlock the drive using the Bitlocker application in Windows 10?
    • If yes, did you get any error message while trying that?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try unlocking the drive using the Bitlocker facility available in Windows 10 and check if you are able to unlock it successfully. If you are getting any error message with says “Application not found”, then I would suggest you
    to refer the article provided in the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

Method 2:

I would suggest that you try the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps resolve your issue.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following link to view the article “How to back up and restore
    the registry in Windows” from the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

(Applies to Windows 10)

For more information regarding BitLocker, you may refer the article "BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" from this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507.aspx

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Bitlock adding 2nd drive

1. Bitlock adding 2nd drive - Similar Threads - Bitlock adding 2nd

2. Can't seem to turn off BitLocker on 2nd hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't seem to turn off BitLocker on 2nd hard drive: Hello, I recently got a new PC which has Windows 11, and I took an old solid state hard drive out of my old Windows 10 PC to use as additional storage. It has all my photos and MP3s saved on it. I didn't realise but the drive has BitLocker enabled. I've got the Recovery Key...
  3. Can't seem to turn off BitLocker on 2nd hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't seem to turn off BitLocker on 2nd hard drive: Hello, I recently got a new PC which has Windows 11, and I took an old solid state hard drive out of my old Windows 10 PC to use as additional storage. It has all my photos and MP3s saved on it. I didn't realise but the drive has BitLocker enabled. I've got the Recovery Key...
  4. Adding 2nd SSD and dcp_watchdog_violation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding 2nd SSD and dcp_watchdog_violation: My girlfriend has an Hp Pavilion x360 convertible. I don’t have it in front of me so I am unsure of the exact model number. But it was having issues with freezing when doing simple tasks. The ssd it came with was only a little over 100 gb and had less than 5gb of free space....
  5. Adding a 2nd OS to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding a 2nd OS to my Laptop: I have an HP Probook 450 G1 and run a 64 bit W10. My Hard Disc "C" was 450 GB but I resized it to 300 GB via Paragon Manager and created a new 150 GB partition "F" which is "Unallocated". It is my intention to run my old 32 bit W 7 OS on partition "F" but when I try to...
  6. Bitlocker not showing up for 2nd drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker not showing up for 2nd drive?: So, I successfully encrypted one of my external HDDs. Today, I was planing to encrypt my 2nd external HDD but the option is not showing up. How can I activate it? submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments]...
  7. Adding 2nd hard drive to Optiplex 755

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding 2nd hard drive to Optiplex 755: I installed a 2nd hard drive, was expecting a separate drive, but it just added it's volume to the first drive. Would like to use it as a 2nd drive for back-up purposes. Windows 10,...
  8. Problem adding 2nd ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem adding 2nd ssd: I have an ssd for my boot drive, trying to add a 2nd ssd. The ssd is ok tested it externally with a USB adapter, but when I install it to my pc, it’s not showing in the bios or windows. tried known power supply and Sata lead, but still not showing. any ideas please 127747
  9. Error adding a 2nd internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error adding a 2nd internal hard drive: I was replacing My son' old computer and I decided to remove the HD and put it into my case for extra storage/back-up. When I start or restart the computer I get a screen I have never seen before on this computer. It is the American Maegtrends bios screen I believe. I've seen...
  10. This PC: missing flash drive, not showing 2nd drive as a bitlocked

in Windows 10 Support
    This PC: missing flash drive, not showing 2nd drive as a bitlocked: This has happened before, then went a way after a while and several restarts. Now it's back. My Computer (aka "This PC"), under "Devices and Drives", does not show my SD card that is inserted, though I can navigate to it by manually typing H:\. I also can find it my using...