Windows 10: Bitlock locked-out

Discus and support Bitlock locked-out in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After removing hard drive to upgrade tower windows is requires my bit lock code...which was save to my One drive. I can't seem to local where Microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bit lock locked out, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Bitlock locked-out

After removing hard drive to upgrade tower windows is requires my bit lock code...which was save to my One drive. I can't seem to local where Microsoft had stored it with multiple users on the hard drive so I'm sure the last user was not the one with the bit lock code is stored at because, when I use the get from cloud it responses nothing available. With this I have no chance to unlock my hard drive because no opinion to login as the master user what had set-up the bit lock. Anyway, Microsoft could add the option to method when requiring bit lock access code to unlock...like seriously! Or at least another method that's more user friendly because there's no user friendly if we can't use our own equipment cause of Microsoft features...smh

Asking for help for resolving my locked out during this stay home 2020 mandate!

:)

Bit lock locked out, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

BitLocker im locked out by

Hi,

Kindly refer to this
    article
    to know how you can find your BitLocker recovery key. The article provides multiple steps on how you can find the recovery. We suggest you follow all of the steps so that you can get your recovery key.

Kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Bitlocker locked on startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to try the step under the section "To unlock removable data drive" in the following article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

For further reference, ask OP to refer to the following article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/bitlocker-drive-encryption

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Bitlock locked-out

BitLocker Recovery / lock out reason

We manage BitLocker using McAfee MNE through McAfee ePO. There are systems which go onto recovery mode due to various reasons. We found a Microsoft article (Tip of the Day: What Could Cause Bitlocker to Start in Recovery Mode?)
    which in general talks about all the possible reasons for recovery /lock out.

However how can we find the exact reason for the Bitlocker recovery screen /lock out on a particular machine (probably through PowerShell commands /Event logs). Mainly trying to figure out a way to identify the reason from local machine itself after the
    unlocked /recovered.

Ajeesh.John, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Bitlock locked-out

1. Bitlock locked-out - Similar Threads - Bitlock locked

2. Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...: Simple steps to reproduce:Unlock a bitlocked drive.Open a file from that drive example = image fileReboot machine, confirm drive is relocked.From "Recent Items," attempt to open the fileThe file opens, even though the drive is lockedWHOA!Obviously this is a massive security...
  3. Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...: Simple steps to reproduce:Unlock a bitlocked drive.Open a file from that drive example = image fileReboot machine, confirm drive is relocked.From "Recent Items," attempt to open the fileThe file opens, even though the drive is lockedWHOA!Obviously this is a massive security...
  4. Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.: I purchased my laptop about 1 year ago, and it's been working great. Today I booted it up and now it wants a BitLocker code. I have never set it up, never heard of it. I logged into my account and doesn't show the device. I AM NOT FORMATTING MY DRIVE! Please tell me how to...
  6. My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.

My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.: I purchased my laptop about 1 year ago, and it's been working great. Today I booted it up and now it wants a BitLocker code. I have never set it up, never heard of it. I logged into my account and doesn't show the device. I AM NOT FORMATTING MY DRIVE! Please tell me how to...
  7. My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.

8. bitlock locked my disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlock locked my disk: hello, i got a problem i was working then i saw that there was an update and pc wanted to be restarted inorder to install that update then i restarted and afound my other drive are locked by bitlocker and i dont know how to fix that because i didn't locked and i didn't used...
  9. bitlock locked my disk

bitlock locked my disk: hello, i got a problem i was working then i saw that there was an update and pc wanted to be restarted inorder to install that update then i restarted and afound my other drive are locked by bitlocker and i dont know how to fix that because i didn't locked and i didn't used...
  10. bitlock locked my disk