Windows 10: Bitlock not able to Enable

Discus and support Bitlock not able to Enable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi , we have win 10 enterprise Edition . The OS installed through UEFI mode after that i power on the machine . It won't ask the Bitlocker Pin .so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kalaiselvan&, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Bitlock not able to Enable

Hi ,

we have win 10 enterprise Edition .

The OS installed through UEFI mode after that i power on the machine .

It won't ask the Bitlocker Pin .so i thought i would ask the next logon.

i restarted again then also not asking not able to activation manually also.

Do the needful .

:)

kalaiselvan&, Apr 15, 2019

2. BitLocker won't enable on Windows 10 after update on Aug 9

Hi Brenda,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before I assist you I would like to know the information below,

• Do you have a Windows 10 copy of the operating system?

I suggest you check whether the Bit locker is ON or OFF using the steps below.

Can you verify if BitLocker is enabled or disabled on your device? You can Enable/disable BitLocker by going to Desktop and follow these steps:

• Swipe Right to Left to bring up the Charm.

• Choose Settings.

• Choose Control Panel.

• Select BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Verify whether BitLocker is on or off on each device.
    Also I suggest you to enable the WinRE so that you can enter the bit locker key and proceed.

When WinRE is disabled, you cannot enable BitLocker, and you receive an error message that resembles the following.

This PC doesn't support entering a BitLocker recovery password during startup. Ask your administrator to configure Windows Recovery Environment so that you can use BitLocker.

The solution would be to manually enable the windows recovery environment:

• Copying the winre.wim file from c:\windows\system32\recovery\ to a folder on a recovery partition. (The partition need to have a drive letter at this point.)

• Set the RE Image path. Example: reagentc /setreimage /path r:\recovery\windowsre

• Enable RE with command: reagentc /enable

• (You may remove the drive letter for the recovery partition after you have done this.)

• Bit locker will be enabled.
    If the issue still persists, suggest you to post your query on the below link.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507(v=ws.11).aspx

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Bitlock not able to Enable

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Bitlock not able to Enable

1. Bitlock not able to Enable - Similar Threads - Bitlock able Enable

2. Unable to enable BitLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enable BitLocker: While enabling bitlocker getting error, screenshot attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enable-bitlocker/1664feef-f130-43b1-833f-d19c3d4b99b4
  3. Unable to enable BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to enable BitLocker: While enabling bitlocker getting error, screenshot attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enable-bitlocker/1664feef-f130-43b1-833f-d19c3d4b99b4
  4. Bitlocker Randomly Enabled

Bitlocker Randomly Enabled: Hi,On my personal Lenovo laptop, Bitlocker somehow randomly was enabled. I have not enabled it, and I followed the recovery steps without luck. It seems that it was enabled during an update. I logged into my Microsoft account, see that the laptop is listed, but there is no...
  5. Cannot enable Bitlocker

Cannot enable Bitlocker: When I go to enable Bitlocker on an HP laptop with Windows 10 Pro, I get an error message that says "The data is invalid". I've tried the reset this PC option in Windows and removed everything but files without any luck. The laptop was previously encrypted with VeraCrypt...
  6. Cannot enable BitLocker

Cannot enable BitLocker: Hi all, I need help with drive encryption. The BitLocker keeps giving me an error with a message "The startup options on this PC are configured incorrectly. Contact your system administrator for more information". [ATTACH] I have attempted everything I could on my...
  7. Bitlocker Not Enabling

Bitlocker Not Enabling: I just started up Bitlocker, and completed most of the process, but the program ever got around to encrypting. I assume this is due to system administrator lock-out, but I've confirmed I have sys admin privileges. This is a brand-new computer without a network. Attached is...
  8. Enabling BitLocker

Enabling BitLocker: On my personal laptop, I'm trying to turn on BitLocker and I get this notice. Does anyone know and have any detailed instructions on how I can do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/enabling-bitlocker/5ff617a2-e9da-44ea-827f-131e28056882"
  9. Enabling Bitlocker with GPO

Enabling Bitlocker with GPO: Once the GPO for BitLocker's settings have been configured and assigned do I still need to manually enable Bitlocker on the specific device or should the GPO kick off the process automatically? 95742
  10. Users Will Be Able To Enable Bitlocker on Windows 10 Phone Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Users Will Be Able To Enable Bitlocker on Windows 10 Phone Devices: None of the usual websites seem to have picked up on it, however during Ignite 2015 one of the architects has said that it will be possible for users to enable Bitlocker on Windows 10 phone devices. Previously Microsoft restricted it to corporate users as it needed to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not able to enable bitlocker