Windows 10: Bitlock PW does not work anymore

Discus and support Bitlock PW does not work anymore in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, first, I am German, not the most technical person and you are my last chance, to rescue some very important data. So excuses my English and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ToBeUnlocked, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Bitlock PW does not work anymore

Hi there, first, I am German, not the most technical person and you are my last chance, to rescue some very important data. So excuses my English and thanks a lot for any attempt to help me.Here the problem: After connecting my HDD with a friend’s computer, it was automatically locked by Bitlocker. At first no Problem at all, because my friend could name me the PW his computer has given my HDD. This worked out well for 3-4 month. However, one day, I entered the PW and Bitlocker told me, that it is wrong. However, it was not. I copied it; I entered it manually... many, many, many times. It did never work. Of course, my friend looked again in his online PW list, if something changed, but it did not.What I find very interesting, if I enter the correct password, Bitlocker says it is wrong. If I change only one of the 48 numbers, it tells me, one number is wrong. If I change it back, its again totally wrong.Any ideas what might help? Would be great, if somebody has a solution. Otherwise, four TB of data are lost.Thanks’ a lot!

:)

ToBeUnlocked, Jan 20, 2017

2. Bitlocker on my newer model laptop with TPM chip

Does this link apply to Windows 10 Pro because it is not listed? Please, if you know how to 1) Help me understand why my laptop took ZERO time to encrypt, but shows to be encrypted, so how can I be certain that my data was encrypted? 2) How come I only
    ended up getting the chance to record the Recovery Key but did not have a a chance to set up a Password or record an Identifier, and how do I set a PW and find the Identifier now? 3) All of my six PCs without TPM set up Bitlocker with all three (PW, ID, RK)
    but this laptop of mine that has a TPM now needs a Bitloker PW at the very least (because it still boosts directly to my Window PW without asking first for a BL PW) and Bitlocker Manager does not offer a Change PW option. Really?

RichardKing LUTCF CLU ChFC, Jan 20, 2017
  3. Bitlocker on my newer model laptop with TPM chip

I turned on Bitlocker on several older PC's without TPM chips. All went well. I ended up with Recovery Keys, Identifiers and PW's. But when I turned on Bitlocker on my newer model laptop with a TPM chip I ended up with only a Recovery Key. My laptop
    did not take any time to encrypt my C: drive which has 80GB of data. Instead my laptop restarted normally and took me directly to the Windows sign on screen. I checked in Bitlocker Manager and it show that Bitlocker is on. I really need to know that my
    data is encrypted, how to add a PW and how to find my Identifier.

RichardKing LUTCF CLU ChFC, Jan 20, 2017
  4. Bitlock PW does not work anymore

Welcome to the TenForums @ToBeUnlocked

Can you pinpoint when the last day was that this worked?

Did you do any kind of hardware changes since then?

Have you deleted any files from your user folder, anywhere?

Is your friend close by?

Have you typed your Password, not recovery key, into a plain text file to confirm it is being translated correctly by computer. Have you tried copying and pasting in Password word prompt?

Caledon Ken, Jan 20, 2017
  5. Welcome to the TenForums @
    -> Thanks!

Can you pinpoint when the last day was that this worked?
    -> yes, 20.09.2016! Why could this be relevant?

Did you do any kind of hardware changes since then?
    -> nope!
    Have you deleted any files from your user folder, anywhere?
    -> Could you please specify this question?

Is your friend close by?
    - Unfortunalty not at the moment. But how could it help to be with him?

Have you typed your Password, not recovery key, into a plain text file to confirm it is being translated correctly by computer. Have you tried copying and pasting in Password word prompt?

yes, I tried to enter it in every possible way.

Thank you very much for your help!

ToBeUnlocked, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bitlock PW does not work anymore

1. Bitlock PW does not work anymore - Similar Threads - Bitlock does anymore

2. forget the bitlocker PW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forget the bitlocker PW: Dear my old harddrive hasn't use 5years ago I forgot the passwork and no recovery key how can I find to access? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forget-the-bitlocker-pw/c4e52b7d-6146-433a-8033-c870849db8e9
  3. forget the bitlocker PW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forget the bitlocker PW: Dear my old harddrive hasn't use 5years ago I forgot the passwork and no recovery key how can I find to access? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forget-the-bitlocker-pw/c4e52b7d-6146-433a-8033-c870849db8e9
  4. forget the bitlocker PW

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My PIN does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PIN does not work anymore: Dear all, I have no idea what happened. When I turned on my PC today it stated: that there is an error and my PIN is not available. I have to click "set up PIN" in order to set up again. When I click "set up PIN" it does nothing. translated from GermanI have absolutely no...
  6. My PIN does not work anymore

My PIN does not work anymore: Dear all, I have no idea what happened. When I turned on my PC today it stated: that there is an error and my PIN is not available. I have to click "set up PIN" in order to set up again. When I click "set up PIN" it does nothing. translated from GermanI have absolutely no...
  7. CHKDSK and Reboot Wants BitLocker pw - STUCK!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK and Reboot Wants BitLocker pw - STUCK!: Bought a Crucial 2.5" SSD 1TB to replace the slow HHD 1TB Tried to clone the drive using Macrium Reflect free. It was all going well until errors occurred during the cloning process. I stopped the process and then started a chkdsk /f which I understood would find errors and...
  8. CHKDSK and Reboot Wants BitLocker pw - STUCK!

CHKDSK and Reboot Wants BitLocker pw - STUCK!: Bought a Crucial 2.5" SSD 1TB to replace the slow HHD 1TB Tried to clone the drive using Macrium Reflect free. It was all going well until errors occurred during the cloning process. I stopped the process and then started a chkdsk /f which I understood would find errors and...
  9. CHKDSK and Reboot Wants BitLocker pw - STUCK!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Microsoft Photos does not work anymore...

Microsoft Photos does not work anymore...: Hi all! Trying to open picture in Photos German:Fotos results in Error. Repairing failedResetting failedI am up to date with all Windows updates.Any advise?TIA, Jens...