Windows 10: Bitlock recovery to reset password

Discus and support Bitlock recovery to reset password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I first got a PC, with Windows 11 Home, it told me I needed to reset my password roughly every 14 days. Earlier this morning, it wouldn't let me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FireFox0072, May 5, 2023.

1. Bitlock recovery to reset password

When I first got a PC, with Windows 11 Home, it told me I needed to reset my password roughly every 14 days. Earlier this morning, it wouldn't let me enter my PC for school without creating a new password. I came up with one that I assumed was easy to remember. A few words, all lower case, no punctuation. Now, I'm trying to sign on my PC for tomorrow, and am unable to remember the password. I never created a recovery disk, and I am unable to enter Safe Mode, either. I've tried holding down shift on my PC while clicking restart from the sign in page I'm stuck on. My PC starts as normal. I've

:)

FireFox0072, May 5, 2023
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 5, 2023
  3. Bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern, let us try few troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue and check if that helps. I suggest you to reset the password using the login screen and check if that helps. Refer the section under
    Resetting recovery password from the following article on
    BitLocker recovery guide
    for steps to reset recovery password.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to post your query in the

TechNet forums
    , where you will find support from professional who are dedicated to handle issue related to Bit locker.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 5, 2023
  4. Green1967 Win User

Bitlock recovery to reset password

Bitlocker will not accept password or Recovery Key

I am trying to access my hard drive , But my recovery key and password are not being accepted

by bitlocker.

This Recovery key was sent to me when setting up the bitlocker, But now says it's a invalid key

Is there a problem with this software as its not accepting my recovery key Or password.

Can this bitlocker be reset so that it Can accept my recover key.

Any help please.Alan

Green1967, May 5, 2023
Thema:

Bitlock recovery to reset password

1. Bitlock recovery to reset password - Similar Threads - Bitlock recovery reset

2. Bitlocker Recovery Password is not regenerated after Bitlocker recovery

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Recovery Password is not regenerated after Bitlocker recovery: HelloOur devices do not generate a new BitLocker Recovery Password, after a BitLocker Recovery, although, we enabled the GPO “Reset platform validation data after BitLocker recovery”, under Computer Configuration --> Administrative Templates --> Windows Components -->...
  3. Bitlock recovery to reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlock recovery to reset password: When I first got a PC, with Windows 11 Home, it told me I needed to reset my password roughly every 14 days. Earlier this morning, it wouldn't let me enter my PC for school without creating a new password. I came up with one that I assumed was easy to remember. A few words,...
  4. bitlock recovery password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlock recovery password: i turned on my laptop today to be greeted with a blue screen asking for my bitlocker recovery passwordi dont remember ever setting a password or activating this feature at all why would this all of a sudden just appear?...
  5. bitlock recovery password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlock recovery password: i turned on my laptop today to be greeted with a blue screen asking for my bitlocker recovery passwordi dont remember ever setting a password or activating this feature at all why would this all of a sudden just appear?...
  6. Forgot BitLocker password and the recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot BitLocker password and the recovery key: I've two of my drives BitLocker protected none of which are system drives though. Unfortunately, I've forgotten the BitLocker password and can't recall the recovery file location. Is there any way to unlock the protected drives? I can only use a system drive as storage and...
  7. Windows 10 Bitlocker Recovery Cannot Access Internet to Reset Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Bitlocker Recovery Cannot Access Internet to Reset Password: Good day everyone,I have run across a problem that I cannot find references to or solve. For some reason on May 17 Bitlocker actively engaged one of our Dell Windows 10 laptops. The laptop is my sister-in-laws and she does not use her Microsoft Live pin code nor has she set...
  8. Bitlocker Recovery Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker Recovery Password: My niece is using Dell XPS 15 9570. She bought this laptop at UK in 2018. This laptop is running Windows 10. Recently, the laptop has prompt out a page asking for Bitlocker Recovery Password. She didn't know what is the Bitlocker Recovery Password. So, she contacted the...
  9. BitLocker Password or Recovery Key

BitLocker Password or Recovery Key: Dear All, FYI, one of our staff was accidently turn on the BitLocker Drive Encryption for Windows 10 Pro in his HP laptop for a quite some time. Last few, days the laptop's motherboard was faulty and we manage to get HP to replace the new motherboard. However, after replace...
  10. Bitlocker key and password recovery

Bitlocker key and password recovery: Hi, i have a drive that is locked but i do not have the 48 key password. i only have the 32 key identification key. how do i unlock my drive with this?...