Windows 10: Bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password.

Discus and support Bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having trouble to acess a driver that was locked with the Bitlocker. When I enter the password or the recovery code the drive disconect of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EmanuelBonito, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password.

Hello,

I'm having trouble to acess a driver that was locked with the Bitlocker. When I enter the password or the recovery code the drive disconect of the computer. If I enter a worng password it still conected, but of course I can't reach my archives.

you guys know what I should do?

:)

EmanuelBonito, Jan 8, 2019

2. Bitlocker drive got currupted

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

From the description, it appears that you were able to recover the data using third party application. So now, are you trying to encrypt/decrypt the bit locker in Windows 10?

I suggest you to check the below steps and see if it helps.

To Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker you need to access BitLocker Encryption Window First. For this,

• Open
      Cortana Search

• Type
      BitLocker
      in the search field.

• And in the search results select
      Manage BitLocker option.

• BitLocker
      Drive Encryption window pops up on your screen.
    How to Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker

• By following the above steps, you are into the
      BitLocker Drive Encryption window.

• Now you can see all the drives of your computer listed on that window.

• Look for the drive that you want to encrypt and click on
      Turn On BitLocker option of that drive to Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker.

• Another
      BitLocker Encryption
      window will appear on your screen.

• Here you will be asked
      How you want to unlock the drive.

• You have two options,
      password and smart card. I opted for the password method. So click on
      Use a password to unlock this drive.

• It will ask you to provide a strong
      password.

• Remember that you will need this password at every stage when you boot
      Windows 10. And also carefully remember the password as with the wrong password you will not be able to use encrypted system correctly.

• Click
      Next
      after entering and confirming the password.

• Now you will have to
      back up your recovery key. In future, if you face any difficulty in accessing the encrypted drives then this key will be helpful.

• Choose the preferred location and click
      Next.

• In the following window, you have decided that
      how much of a drive you will like to encrypt.

• Choose the desired option and click
      Next.

• The next window will ask
      Are you ready to encrypt the drive.

• Click on Start Encrypting
      option.

• The process of encryption drive partition is over.

• Restart your system.

• You will see that encrypted drive is locked.

• When you double-click it to open it, you will be asked to provide the
      password.

• Enter the
      password
      and click Unlock.

• On the
      Notification Area
      of the Taskbar, a pop-up box will appear showing you the encryption process going on in the background of the desktop.

• After the completion of the encryption, you will be informed about it.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 8, 2019
  3. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password.

changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password.

1. Bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password. - Similar Threads - Bitlocked drive disconecting

2. No pop-up to enter bitlocker password while trying to unlock the bitlocker-protected drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No pop-up to enter bitlocker password while trying to unlock the bitlocker-protected drive.: I updated my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro so that to access the Bitlocker drive encryption. And i added bitlocker encryption on one of my disk drives G:. However suddenly the next day when i double click the drive, I don't see any pop-up that asks for a password, nothing...
  3. No pop-up to enter bitlocker password while trying to unlock the bitlocker-protected drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No pop-up to enter bitlocker password while trying to unlock the bitlocker-protected drive.: I updated my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro so that to access the Bitlocker drive encryption. And i added bitlocker encryption on one of my disk drives G:. However suddenly the next day when i double click the drive, I don't see any pop-up that asks for a password, nothing...
  4. Trouble entering bitlocker password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble entering bitlocker password: I have bitlocker set up on my boot drive Windows 10. I haven't used my machine for 2 weeks due to a move. Now when I try to enter the password, every keystroke generates ~ 10 of the same character. Tried a new keyboard - same thing. No way to enter the proper password. How...
  5. Trouble entering bitlocker password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble entering bitlocker password: I have bitlocker set up on my boot drive Windows 10. I haven't used my machine for 2 weeks due to a move. Now when I try to enter the password, every keystroke generates ~ 10 of the same character. Tried a new keyboard - same thing. No way to enter the proper password. How...
  6. Trouble entering bitlocker password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. After Entering Correct bitlocker password laptop freezes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Entering Correct bitlocker password laptop freezes: Hello,I enabled the bitlocker protection to my internal drive partition F, but after sometime encryption stuck at 81.9% and not able to refresh the screen. When i restarted my pc and try to access the drive my laptop gone dead slow and not able to access anything. If someone...
  8. Bitlockered drive repeatedly mounts and unmounts, so quickly there's no time to enter password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlockered drive repeatedly mounts and unmounts, so quickly there's no time to enter password: Both a USB memory stick and USB external HD are bitlockered and work fine on other windows machines. On a new Lenovo ideapad 5 they mount and unmount repeatedly as soon as plugged in, looping through this so fast there's no hope of filling in the password. All Windows and...
  9. Windows 10 - Bitlocker Drive Encryption - how to enter passwords on startup

Windows 10 - Bitlocker Drive Encryption - how to enter passwords on startup: I am using Windows 10 Professional on a Microsoft Surface Pro 4. I also use a SD card for additional storage, which I have encrypted with Bitlocker. When I start the computer, using either the pin or face recognition, the main drive is automatically accessed, however...
  10. Bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password.

Bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password.: Hello, I'm having trouble to acess a driver that was locked with the Bitlocker. When I enter the password or the recovery key the drive disconnect of the computer. If I enter a worng password it still connected, but of course I can't reach my archives. you guys know what I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password