Windows 10: Bitlocker "an internal error was detected" while everything is set up

Discus and support Bitlocker "an internal error was detected" while everything is set up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there. I have a problem since July. Previously i used Bitlocker on the exactly same PC normally. In July i had to reinstall windows 10. After that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pavlyuch, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Bitlocker "an internal error was detected" while everything is set up

Hi there. I have a problem since July. Previously i used Bitlocker on the exactly same PC normally. In July i had to reinstall windows 10. After that on the start of encryption process it keeps saying "an internal error was detected" without error number reference and etc. Just an error. Windows telling me that everything is ready. Even tried to clear keys in bios, turn off/on/clear TPM, totally shred entire HDD. Still nothing. Any suggestions? Is it Windows broke Bitlocker, or my motherboard is a problem? (using AMD Ryzen 1700, if this important)

submitted by /u/pavlyuch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pavlyuch, Aug 26, 2020

2. BitLocker not detecting secong internal drive?

I have enabled BitLocker on my external drive and on the internal drive with my OS on it, but I want to enable it for my second internal drive which i use for file storage, but for some reason when I go to Manage BitLocker, my second internal drive doesn't
    show. Can someone help me?

I have my computer set up so that my SSD is used for some file storage but mostly for my OS. My second internal drive is set up to store all files from My Documents, Downloads, Pictures and basically all other default Windows storage folders. Could that
    be the problem since that drive is linked to my OS drive that maybe it won't allow it since it would use a different encryption key or something?

BrandonByrnes4935, Aug 26, 2020
  3. stevie Win User
    Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings

@Compumind @Samuria

Hi - Just so you know, I'm marking this "problem solved". I found this online How to Solve the Windows Could Not Automatically Detect Network Proxy Settings Error. Doing the last step under #2 is what solved the problem. McAvee is still scanning incoming. McAvee & Malwarebytes still show no problems with a full scan. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

stevie, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Bitlocker "an internal error was detected" while everything is set up

BitLocker not detecting secong internal drive?

Is your 2nd internal drive a SSD as well? If so, some SSDs don't support Bitlocker.

a1f920d7-20b8-4762-be36-701099c4527f, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker "an internal error was detected" while everything is set up

1. Bitlocker "an internal error was detected" while everything is set up - Similar Threads - Bitlocker internal error

2. Internal SSD not showing after Bitlocker error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal SSD not showing after Bitlocker error: I had reinstalled windows and everything was fine both SSD cards were working normally then when installing steam games I noticed sudden windows performance issues.As I looked deeper it showed that bitlocker was getting stuck decrypting the SSD cards and becameStuck the...
  3. Internal SSD not showing after Bitlocker error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal SSD not showing after Bitlocker error: I had reinstalled windows and everything was fine both SSD cards were working normally then when installing steam games I noticed sudden windows performance issues.As I looked deeper it showed that bitlocker was getting stuck decrypting the SSD cards and becameStuck the...
  4. Setting up a new Internal SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a new Internal SSD: I am Installing a new internal ssd in my computer swapping out the old one for newer. Downloaded the installation media for windows on a blank usb flash drive stick but when I got through the installation dialogue it says unable to find driver. Don’t know what that means and...
  5. Setting up a new Internal SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up a new Internal SSD: I am Installing a new internal ssd in my computer swapping out the old one for newer. Downloaded the installation media for windows on a blank usb flash drive stick but when I got through the installation dialogue it says unable to find driver. Don’t know what that means and...
  6. Setting up a new Internal SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Internal speakers not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal speakers not detected: I have a Dell G5 15 computer. One day a popup from dell asked me to install some updates. I clicked install, and restarted the computer. When it booted up again, The audio symbol in the bottom right corner had a red circle with an X in it. The audio wasn't playing, the...
  8. internal error occurred while mstsc

in Windows 10 Customization
    internal error occurred while mstsc: [ATTACH]Hi team, one of my colleagues is having some issue while mstsc her machine in the office. It just disconnects the remote session and says "Internal error occurred". I have changed its IP, Port, updated windows. Then we have to reboot this machine again or...
  9. internal error occurred while mstsc

in Windows 10 Customization
    internal error occurred while mstsc: [ATTACH]Hi team, one of my colleagues is having some issue while mstsc her machine in the office. It just disconnects the remote session and says "Internal error occurred". I have changed its IP, Port, updated windows. Then we have to reboot this machine again or...
  10. BSOD After Setting Everything Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD After Setting Everything Up: Got the upgrade directly from MS and went through the long, slow process of upgrading my Windows 7 laptop....took hours. I brought it to a friend to give it to him and set up his MS account, email and Cortana settings. Then...Bam! A looping BSOD. The only thing I could do was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker internal error was detected