Windows 10: Bitlocker and motherboard replacement

Discus and support Bitlocker and motherboard replacement in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; About a week ago my laptop wouldn't power on. After troubleshooting, it was determined by Dell that the motherboard was bad and it would need to be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CharlesEsserwein, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Bitlocker and motherboard replacement

About a week ago my laptop wouldn't power on. After troubleshooting, it was determined by Dell that the motherboard was bad and it would need to be replaced. When I sent my laptop off to Dell, about a week later I received it back. Now I can not work. I have a Microsoft account. It shows I have bitlocker. Why doesn't my keys show up there? Please assist. I desperately need to get back to work. Please provide me with the solution or refer me to the proper channels.

Best Regards,

Chuck

Bitlocker and motherboard replacement d898386c-d71a-4010-b375-5db3b88806b4?upload=true.png

Bitlocker and motherboard replacement 2a5718ac-7ad7-43f7-b064-a03a4a3e95d2?upload=true.png

:)

CharlesEsserwein, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Bitlocker and motherboard replacement

Bitlocker Key is invalid after change to new motherboard

This is probably best handled by our sister forums TechNet, especially since the best resource I found for it is this link from there:

BitLocker - New motherboard replacement

Once you find the solution please do come back to update this thread so others can benefit thanks to your excellent titling of the thread which will be easily found in searches.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker and motherboard replacement

1. Bitlocker and motherboard replacement - Similar Threads - Bitlocker motherboard replacement

2. motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    motherboard replacement: I got a motherboard replace and the technician install Windows on it. When I got home I found out that my Windows is not activated at all. I run the troubleshooter and it didn't resolve my issue. I have Windows 10 before and it came from the free upgrade when its free.How can...
  3. motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    motherboard replacement: I got a motherboard replace and the technician install Windows on it. When I got home I found out that my Windows is not activated at all. I run the troubleshooter and it didn't resolve my issue. I have Windows 10 before and it came from the free upgrade when its free.How can...
  4. motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. replacing motherboard

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    replacing motherboard: My laptop has a dead USB C port. I am getting the motherboard replaced. I was told to remove bitlocker. That is fine I understand that. But they are also asking me to remove PIN and password because after board replacement the PIN and password wont work? does this sound...
  6. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    replacing motherboard: My laptop has a dead USB C port. I am getting the motherboard replaced. I was told to remove bitlocker. That is fine I understand that. But they are also asking me to remove PIN and password because after board replacement the PIN and password wont work? does this sound...
  7. replacing motherboard

8. Motherboard replacement

Motherboard replacement: Hi, Is it possible to replace the motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 3847 to allow for a TPM chip? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-replacement/e8383a01-cb84-4ddc-9232-d55c2b894c6b
  9. Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard replacement: Hi, Is it possible to replace the motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 3847 to allow for a TPM chip? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-replacement/e8383a01-cb84-4ddc-9232-d55c2b894c6b
  10. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    replacing motherboard: Guys, I'm planning to change my motherboard soon (defective ports and still USB 2.0) to a more recent motherboard. Coming from windows 7, I understand that replacing the parts would require a reinstall of the OS but maybe it will be a different case for win10. Just wishful...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. bitlocker after motherboard replacement

3. bitlocker recovery key new motherboard

4. bitlocker new motherboard replacement,
  5. how to update bitlocker after motherboard replacement,
  6. bitlocker key and motherboard replacement