Windows 10: BitLocker and Other Users

Discus and support BitLocker and Other Users in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I encrypted a volume with BitLocker. I have three other users in my computer. Now, Can other three users access to this encrypted drive? How... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PI_Daniel, Jun 1, 2019.

1. PI_Daniel Win User

BitLocker and Other Users

Hello,

I encrypted a volume with BitLocker. I have three other users in my computer. Now, Can other three users access to this encrypted drive?

How can I test this encryption work correctly?

Thanks

:)

PI_Daniel, Jun 1, 2019
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

1. BitLocker and Other Users - Similar Threads - BitLocker Users

2. Data Critical user account issue - BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Critical user account issue - BitLocker: Hi, I'd really like some help please! I configured a new Win11 Pro desktop with a LOCAL administrator account not a windows account, as i have 2 other machines on the same local account and workgroup and i wanted them to communicate on the same network. The OS is on an NVME...
  3. Data Critical user account issue - BitLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Critical user account issue - BitLocker: Hi, I'd really like some help please! I configured a new Win11 Pro desktop with a LOCAL administrator account not a windows account, as i have 2 other machines on the same local account and workgroup and i wanted them to communicate on the same network. The OS is on an NVME...
  4. BitLocker Startup PIN without User Interaction

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    BitLocker Startup PIN without User Interaction: Hi, We want to enable BitLocker Startup PIN using Intune. Is there a way by which the PIN can be setup without User interaction. From my understanding, we will have to set PIN for each computer and requires user interaction. Please help. Thanks in advance...
  5. BitLocker Startup PIN without User Interaction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Startup PIN without User Interaction: Hi, We want to enable BitLocker Startup PIN using Intune. Is there a way by which the PIN can be setup without User interaction. From my understanding, we will have to set PIN for each computer and requires user interaction. Please help. Thanks in advance...
  6. BitLocker Startup PIN without User Interaction

7. **** is Bitlocker?? Untransparency? User does NOT EVEN KNOW it's used to BLOCK MY OWN DISK?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    **** is Bitlocker?? Untransparency? User does NOT EVEN KNOW it's used to BLOCK MY OWN DISK?: Randomly trigger bitlocker for no reason?Ask me to manually type such a long key to unlock the bitlocker?Ask me to type three times eveytime I login: code sent to my email, another email's addrress, code sent to another email?...
  8. **** is Bitlocker?? Untransparency? User does NOT EVEN KNOW it's used to BLOCK MY OWN DISK?

**** is Bitlocker?? Untransparency? User does NOT EVEN KNOW it's used to BLOCK MY OWN DISK?: Randomly trigger bitlocker for no reason?Ask me to manually type such a long key to unlock the bitlocker?Ask me to type three times eveytime I login: code sent to my email, another email's addrress, code sent to another email?...
  9. Bitlocker diferent users account

Bitlocker diferent users account: Hi Microsoft Team Is it possible to set 1 different Bitlocker password for each user on the same partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-diferent-users-account/0838a5a6-3d32-4394-9659-194252f45fe9
  10. Bitlocker diferent users account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker diferent users account: Hi Microsoft Team Is it possible to set 1 different Bitlocker password for each user on the same partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-diferent-users-account/0838a5a6-3d32-4394-9659-194252f45fe9