Windows 10: BitLocker and USB keys

Discus and support BitLocker and USB keys in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A customer uses a USB key to store confidential data. The USB key is protected with BitLocker and is used on several PCs managed by different users.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Marius - Roma, Aug 17, 2022.

1. BitLocker and USB keys

A customer uses a USB key to store confidential data. The USB key is protected with BitLocker and is used on several PCs managed by different users. Some users set the Bitlocker password to be remembered on their PCs, so that the USB key can be connected to their PCs without entering the password. How can the customer clear che BitLocker password from the users' PCs without changing it on the USB key? How can the customer prevent PC users from remembering the Bitlocker password?

:)

Marius - Roma, Aug 17, 2022
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Bitlocker USB

Hi, Margaret.

BitLocker requires you to have a USB key in able to access the information. You can create a USB key by using a blank thumb drive or USB drive formatted to NTFS OR FAT32 and follow these steps:

• Click Start and go to Control Panel.
    • Look for System and Security then click it.
    • Select BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Under BitLocker Drive Encryption, click Turn on BitLocker.
    • Choose how you want to unlock your drive during startup: Insert a USB flash drive or
      Enter a Password and then click Next.
    • On the How Do You Want To Store Your Recovery Key Page, click Save the Recovery Key To A File.
    • In the Save BitLocker Recovery Key As dialog box, choose a save location, and then click
      Save.
    • You can now print the recovery key if you want to. When you have finished, click
      Next.
    • On the Are You Ready To Encrypt This Drive page, click Start Encrypting.

Note: Do not remove the USB flash drive until the encryption process is complete. How long the encryption process takes depends on the size of the drive and other factors.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Joe Men Win User

BitLocker and USB keys

USB Bitlocker Key

Hello
    Arambu

Here are other places to look for your BitLocker key:

• In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
      BitLocker Recovery Keys
    • In your Azure Active Directory account. For work PCs where you sign in with an Azure Active Directory account, to get your recovery key, see the device info for your

Microsoft Azure account

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after looking at the steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Joe Men, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

BitLocker and USB keys

1. BitLocker and USB keys - Similar Threads - BitLocker USB keys

2. Bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker key: I never activated bitlocker yet it locked my laptop down and won't let me in. What are my options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-key/bd013035-587c-436f-a76a-27587a2da1ac
  3. BitLocker and USB keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker and USB keys: A customer uses a USB key to store confidential data. The USB key is protected with BitLocker and is used on several PCs managed by different users. Some users set the Bitlocker password to be remembered on their PCs, so that the USB key can be connected to their PCs without...
  4. BitLocker and USB keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker and USB keys: A customer uses a USB key to store confidential data. The USB key is protected with BitLocker and is used on several PCs managed by different users. Some users set the Bitlocker password to be remembered on their PCs, so that the USB key can be connected to their PCs without...
  5. Bitlocker: is the USB startup key the same as the recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker: is the USB startup key the same as the recovery key?: Hi guys,I want to encrypt my computer with bitlocker, using the USB startup key.But when my computer gets stolen, the disk can be put inside another computer. Can the plain text visible startup key on the USB then unlock the drive? Or are these keys different?Thanks!Tonka....
  6. Bitlocker: is the USB startup key the same as the recovery key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker: is the USB startup key the same as the recovery key?: Hi guys,I want to encrypt my computer with bitlocker, using the USB startup key.But when my computer gets stolen, the disk can be put inside another computer. Can the plain text visible startup key on the USB then unlock the drive? Or are these keys different?Thanks!Tonka....
  7. USB bitlocker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB bitlocker: Hello all i put a password on a USB using bitocker on windows 10 but i can't open the USB with the password and the recovery key as it says is not correct what to do in order to recover it ty :....
  8. Bitlocker/TPM USB key/password question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker/TPM USB key/password question: [ATTACH] Hi! Just a question about Bitlocker/Trusted Platform Module (TPM). Because my PC doesn't have a TPM chip built in, everyone is saying I need a security password and a USB to store the authentication key. But, as pictured, my PC says "and/or." Do I need the USB...
  9. Bitlocker Recover Key. How to Save the Recovery Key to a USB Drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Recover Key. How to Save the Recovery Key to a USB Drive?: I have access to my Microsoft Account that has the saved information of my Bitlocker Recovery Keys, it includes information such as Device Name, Key ID, and the Recovery Key number. But, what I am being asked when booting to a hard drive is a USB Drive with the Bitlocker Key....
  10. slow writing on USB 3 key encrypted with Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    slow writing on USB 3 key encrypted with Bitlocker: Hi, after upgrading my two PC to Windows 10 Enterprise 2004, OS build 19041.450, I'm experiencing on both slow writing on USB 3 key encrypted with bitlocker. With previous Windows version writing speed was about 20 MB/s, now speed swings from 8 MB/s to 0. With the same USB...