Windows 10: BitLocker and Windows Hello's and PIN problem after KB4468550 update

Discus and support BitLocker and Windows Hello's and PIN problem after KB4468550 update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; (In English) Today I boot up the computer and was welcomed by a BitLocker restore screen, asking me the 40-digit keys to recover the PC. I guess that... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NguyenDuc2, Jan 13, 2019.

1. BitLocker and Windows Hello's and PIN problem after KB4468550 update

(In English)

Today I boot up the computer and was welcomed by a BitLocker restore screen, asking me the 40-digit keys to recover the PC. I guess that there was some major update/change to the computer (since this was not the first time BitLocker suddenly ask me for the key), so I entered the key and bypass that blue screen. Then I went into the Windows login screen (Windows Hello), but I couldn't use both Windows Hello or the PIN code (error code 0x8001739f), so I have to use my lengthy Microsoft account password again. Then I got into the computer, worked with it a little bit then turned it off.

The thing is, after that, Windows keeps asking me for the Bit Locker key, and the problem with Windows Hello and PIN code persists. And the Action center keep telling me to restart the computer to complete the update from yesterday (2019/1/12 KB4468550 I guess), even though I already restarted the computer for a few times (and have to enter the long PIN code, every, time). Anyone has an insight onto this problem?

:)

NguyenDuc2, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 13, 2019
  3. windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

BitLocker and Windows Hello's and PIN problem after KB4468550 update

problem with bitlocker

Hi Roeslie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We need some more details to help you find the solution to your problem.

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed on your surface machine?
    • Did you notice any changes on the computer recently?
    • When you say, you have a problem with your Surface machine about BitLocker key, do you mean that the surface machine asks you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to sign into Windows?
    • Does the other computer ask you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to access the files saved on it?

If you are being asked to enter a BitLocker key to sign into your surface machine and you don’t remember your BitLocker key, you can follow the instructions given in the link below to find the BitLocker recovery key.

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

BitLocker and Windows Hello's and PIN problem after KB4468550 update

1. BitLocker and Windows Hello's and PIN problem after KB4468550 update - Similar Threads - BitLocker Hello's PIN

2. Windows Hello Pin Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Pin Problems: A friend set my PC up for me, and had already set up the Windows Hello PIN... and forgot it. So I had to disable Windows Hello PIN about 4 years ago when I couldn't get in touch with him and needed to access my PC. I don't really remember how I did it, I just remember it...
  3. Windows Hello Pin Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Pin Problems: A friend set my PC up for me, and had already set up the Windows Hello PIN... and forgot it. So I had to disable Windows Hello PIN about 4 years ago when I couldn't get in touch with him and needed to access my PC. I don't really remember how I did it, I just remember it...
  4. Windows Hello Pin Problems

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows Hello pin problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello pin problem: Hi. I used to be able to log in to windows using a pin I setup. Sometimes I'd have to change it because the system told me so, but it all worked fine until now.Now when I turn on my laptop it says there was something wrong with my pin and gives me an option to log in. When I...
  6. Windows Hello pin problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello pin problem: Hi. I used to be able to log in to windows using a pin I setup. Sometimes I'd have to change it because the system told me so, but it all worked fine until now.Now when I turn on my laptop it says there was something wrong with my pin and gives me an option to log in. When I...
  7. Windows Hello pin problem

8. Hello pin problem

Hello pin problem: Hi, I have a problem with the hello pin in my windows computer whenever I set my pin it always say ''something went wrong'' ''We weren't able to set up your PIN'' please help me thank you....
  9. Windows Hello PIN problem

Windows Hello PIN problem: My computer recently updated Windows 10 and when signing in, after my password, it wants me to create a pin. If I go to Setting> Accounts> Windows Hello PIN, Add, it opens up a Create a Pin pop up, I click NEXT, another pop up asks for my password, I put it in. Then another...
  10. KB4468550 Intel audio driver Update for Windows 10 1709, 1803, 1809

in Windows 10 News
    KB4468550 Intel audio driver Update for Windows 10 1709, 1803, 1809: Audio stops working after installing Intel audio driver from Windows Update Applies to: Windows 10 version 1809, Windows 10 version 1803, Windows 10 version 1709 Summary This update addresses an issue where after installing the Intel Smart Sound Technology driver (version...