Windows 10: Bitlocker and windows old folder!

Discus and support Bitlocker and windows old folder! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. If i have bitlocker issue . And i do custom installation the system and files will be in Windows old folder!!? If yes is there way to just read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ن٢يف, Jul 10, 2019.

1. ن٢يف Win User

Bitlocker and windows old folder!

Hi. If i have bitlocker issue . And i do custom installation the system and files will be in Windows old folder!!?

If yes is there way to just read those files?

:)

ن٢يف, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you concern related to the size of the folder displayed. Try these steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Disable bitlocker
      and then check the folder size.
    2. We would also suggest you to open the folder and select all files and see the size of the contents.

Let us know if the size of the contents matches the folder size. If you see a difference, then the folder might be showing incorrect size.

Kindly reply us with the requested information to assist you better.

Awaiting for your response.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    How can delete a bad folder on external bitlocker hdd ?

Hi JClaude B,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Do you remember the BitLocker recovery key?
    2. What is the error message you are getting, while you are trying to delete the folder?

The files on a BitLocker encrypted storage device are secure and cannot be easily decrypted by any software. If someone would attempt to access the files, they will need the BitLocker recovery key.

I suggest you to decrypt the drive first, then take the ownership of the file and then delete the folder or file. Follow this article

Find my BitLocker recovery key
    , and check if that helps.

Steps: Taking ownership of a folder from explorer.

1. Locate the file or folder on which you want to take ownership in windows explorer.
    2. Right click on file or folder and select
      Properties from Context Menu.
    3. Click on Security tab.
    4. Click on Advanced button.
    5. Now click on Owner tab in Advanced Security Settings for User windows.
    6. Click on Edit Button and select user from given Change Owner to list if user or group is not in given list.
    7. Click on other users or groups. Enter name of user/group and click ok.
    8. Now select User/group and click apply and ok. Check
      “Replace owner on subcontainers and objects” if you have files and folder within selected folder.
    9. Click ok when Windows Security Prompt is displayed.
    10. Now Owner name must have changed.
    11. Then click Ok to exist from Properties windows.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Bitlocker and windows old folder! - Similar Threads - Bitlocker old folder

2. OLD BITLOCKER KEY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OLD BITLOCKER KEY: I have disabled my bitlocker on Windows 10 Home, but I had one of the two SSD's out of the computer. So, when I have put it on place, it asked for the password, and there is not this key on Microsoft Account.Is there a way to recover old bitlocker keys on Microsoft...
  3. OLD BITLOCKER KEY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OLD BITLOCKER KEY: I have disabled my bitlocker on Windows 10 Home, but I had one of the two SSD's out of the computer. So, when I have put it on place, it asked for the password, and there is not this key on Microsoft Account.Is there a way to recover old bitlocker keys on Microsoft...
  4. OLD BITLOCKER KEY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unremovable old windows folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unremovable old windows folders: Hi,I want to delete some folders that I suspect used to be old windows folders.As you see, they're not in OS partition and were last modified in 2018. I tried MANY ways and read many topics to force delete them but windows refuse to delete them :So I wanted to ask if there is...
  6. Unremovable old windows folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unremovable old windows folders: Hi,I want to delete some folders that I suspect used to be old windows folders.As you see, they're not in OS partition and were last modified in 2018. I tried MANY ways and read many topics to force delete them but windows refuse to delete them :So I wanted to ask if there is...
  7. Windows old folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows old folder: I have updated Windows 10 to Windows 11 online. There is a folder contained named "Windows.old" which is occupied more than 14 GB of data. May I delete the folder? Please advise me....
  8. Windows old folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows old folder: I have updated Windows 10 to Windows 11 online. There is a folder contained named "Windows.old" which is occupied more than 14 GB of data. May I delete the folder? Please advise me....
  9. windows 7 old folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 7 old folder: I am using windows 10 and I want to uninstall windows 7 old folder. seems I don't permission. Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-old-folder/74bb01c6-1cce-41e4-b852-ea70360170da"
  10. Is the "Windows Old" folder needed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is the "Windows Old" folder needed?: I know this has probably been asked many times, but I can't find the thread? In the C:/ drive there is a folder named "Windows Old", is this folder needed, or can it be safely deleted? The reason I ask is because when I run a virus chexk, it takes almost twice as long as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker creates windows.old folder