Windows 10: BitLocker asking for Key every time I boot the system

Discus and support BitLocker asking for Key every time I boot the system in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After a Dual Boot, every time I boot the system the BitLocker ask me for a key recover. I have already the key, but I don't know how I can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StéfanyMoura, Jun 9, 2019.

1. BitLocker asking for Key every time I boot the system

After a Dual Boot, every time I boot the system the BitLocker ask me for a key recover.

I have already the key, but I don't know how I can desativate this message.

:)

StéfanyMoura, Jun 9, 2019
  2. Jahir88 Win User

Computer asking for Bitlocker key at startup

Original Title: Bit locker Key

Recently every time in boot up my surface pro3 ask Bitlocker key. It was not before, it never ask Bitlocker key in boot up. Anyone can help me out to solve the issue, PC not ask me for Bitlocker key keeping Bitlocker on?

Jahir88, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jun 9, 2019
  4. pj04 Win User

BitLocker asking for Key every time I boot the system

Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and enabled settings of secure boot.

On "Enabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed."

BitLocker asking for Key every time I boot the system [​IMG]

On "Disabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot has been disabled. Either Secure Boot must be re-enabled, or Bitlocker must be suspended for Windows to start normally."

BitLocker asking for Key every time I boot the system [​IMG]

I don't have a recovery key. I don't remember setting one. I even searched for it in my Microsoft account. My device (ASUS X205TA) is listed but the recovery key is not.

Note that I don't have any useful data in the laptop, so I'd be fine with reinstalling windows even if I loose all the data. I just want to be able to use my laptop again.

pj04, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

BitLocker asking for Key every time I boot the system

1. BitLocker asking for Key every time I boot the system - Similar Threads - BitLocker asking Key

2. Bitlocker Recovery Key prompted every time I shutdown the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key prompted every time I shutdown the computer: Hi,Every time I shutdown my PC and then turn it back on again it gives me a blue text box, with the option "Yes, or No". If I hit Yes, it does nothing and prompts back to the same blue text box, but If I hit "No" I have to enter a bit locker recovery key every single time I...
  3. Bitlocker Recovery Key prompted every time I shutdown the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Recovery Key prompted every time I shutdown the computer: Hi,Every time I shutdown my PC and then turn it back on again it gives me a blue text box, with the option "Yes, or No". If I hit Yes, it does nothing and prompts back to the same blue text box, but If I hit "No" I have to enter a bit locker recovery key every single time I...
  4. BitLocker Asking for Recovery Key Every Time I Boot into Windows 10 in Dual Boot Setup with...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Asking for Recovery Key Every Time I Boot into Windows 10 in Dual Boot Setup with...: Hello,I have a PC running Windows 10 installed on an encrypted SSD using BitLocker. Recently, I added a second SSD and installed Ubuntu 23 in UEFI mode for a dual boot setup. Since then, every time I boot into Windows, BitLocker prompts me to enter the recovery key. This has...
  5. Bitlocker Drive locks every time I boot so have to enter the key again and again...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Drive locks every time I boot so have to enter the key again and again...: I was prompted with a screen during startup which asked to input Bitlocker key to continue.I managed to find the Bitlocker key and it started the computer and I thought that the issue has been resolved, but every time I boot my system, I am prompted with the same screen and I...
  6. asking for Bitlocker recovery Key everytime i boot the laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    asking for Bitlocker recovery Key everytime i boot the laptop: i have the very long recovery key but it is very inconvenient to enter every time my Dell Inspiron 7773 boots? i disabled bitlocker on all the drives but still being prompted to enter during the start up. please help...
  7. How to make Bitlocker ask for password every time I access a bitlocked partition?.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make Bitlocker ask for password every time I access a bitlocked partition?.: Hello, I have a bitlocked partition on my main drive where I store some private files but the thing is Bitlocker only asks for the password the first time I access the partition after that it's unlocked until I turn off the PC.. which defeats the purpose of encrypting the...
  8. Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with...: Hello, I have recently installed Ubuntu 16.04 using a flash drive USB on my Dell Inspiron 3567 in dual boot with Windows 10 Home single language that was already installed in my laptop since I bought it. I am using Windows 10 October update. After booting the laptop with...
  9. Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with...: Hello, I have recently installed Ubuntu 16.04 using a flash drive USB on my Dell Inspiron 3567 in dual boot with Windows 10 Home single language that was already installed in my laptop since I bought it. I am using Windows 10 October update. After booting the laptop with...
  10. BitLocker Asks for Recovery Key Every 3-4 Boots

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Asks for Recovery Key Every 3-4 Boots: The subject says it all. I have to enter the 48-digit key for BitLocker very frequently. I've got the key, but its a pain to enter the key. Just to make it more annoying, I've got an Asus convertable laptop/tablet and it goes into table mode so the screen is sideways. I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker recovery key every time

2. bitlocker ask for password every boot

3. bitlocker everytime boots

4. why my pc requires bitlocker key every time on startup,
  5. i installed ubuntu on windows 10 and it asked me each time to enter bitlocker,
  6. windows 10 prompting for bitlocker every boot,
  7. asking for recovery key when ever restarting system,
  8. windows 10 computer asking bitlocker key anytime i sign in,
  9. bitlocker error every restart,
  10. why do i have to enter my bitcover key everytime i restart my dell ,
  11. do i have to enter the recovery key for bitlocker every time turning on the pc,
  12. bitlocker ask for key each boot linux,
  13. has to log into bitlocker everytime,
  14. how to enable to enter bit locker on every reboot,
  15. Why do I have to sign into my encryption with the key everythime I turn my laptop on?