Windows 10: BitLocker asking for Key every time I boot the system

Discus and support BitLocker asking for Key every time I boot the system in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After a Dual Boot, every time I boot the system the BitLocker ask me for a key recover. I have already the key, but I don't know how I can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StéfanyMoura, Jun 9, 2019.

1. BitLocker asking for Key every time I boot the system

After a Dual Boot, every time I boot the system the BitLocker ask me for a key recover.

I have already the key, but I don't know how I can desativate this message.

:)

StéfanyMoura, Jun 9, 2019
  2. Jahir88 Win User

Computer asking for Bitlocker key at startup

Original Title: Bit locker Key

Recently every time in boot up my surface pro3 ask Bitlocker key. It was not before, it never ask Bitlocker key in boot up. Anyone can help me out to solve the issue, PC not ask me for Bitlocker key keeping Bitlocker on?

Jahir88, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jun 9, 2019
  4. pj04 Win User

BitLocker asking for Key every time I boot the system

Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and enabled settings of secure boot.

On "Enabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed."

BitLocker asking for Key every time I boot the system [​IMG]

On "Disabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot has been disabled. Either Secure Boot must be re-enabled, or Bitlocker must be suspended for Windows to start normally."

BitLocker asking for Key every time I boot the system [​IMG]

I don't have a recovery key. I don't remember setting one. I even searched for it in my Microsoft account. My device (ASUS X205TA) is listed but the recovery key is not.

Note that I don't have any useful data in the laptop, so I'd be fine with reinstalling windows even if I loose all the data. I just want to be able to use my laptop again.

pj04, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

BitLocker asking for Key every time I boot the system

1. BitLocker asking for Key every time I boot the system - Similar Threads - BitLocker asking Key

2. Bitlocker requires key on every reboot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bitlocker requires key on every reboot: Today my laptop (surface laptop 2) would not log in using face recognition, I tried using pin and password but I was unable to type anything. I did a restart. Upon restarting bitlocker asked for a key. I didn't know what bitlocker was. I was able to find my key and get into...
  3. Bitlocker asking for recovery key on every startup after encrypting the drive using VeraCrypt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker asking for recovery key on every startup after encrypting the drive using VeraCrypt: Hi, I don't know if this question has been asked already, but here it is: Since I've encrypted my system disk on my tablet with veracrypt, bitlocker is asking it's recovery key each time on boot because (what the error message says in eventviewer) it can't contact the TPM...
  4. Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with...: Hello, I have recently installed Ubuntu 16.04 using a flash drive USB on my Dell Inspiron 3567 in dual boot with Windows 10 Home single language that was already installed in my laptop since I bought it. I am using Windows 10 October update. After booting the laptop with...
  5. Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with...: Hello, I have recently installed Ubuntu 16.04 using a flash drive USB on my Dell Inspiron 3567 in dual boot with Windows 10 Home single language that was already installed in my laptop since I bought it. I am using Windows 10 October update. After booting the laptop with...
  6. BitLocker Asks for Recovery Key Every 3-4 Boots

BitLocker Asks for Recovery Key Every 3-4 Boots: The subject says it all. I have to enter the 48-digit key for BitLocker very frequently. I've got the key, but its a pain to enter the key. Just to make it more annoying, I've got an Asus convertable laptop/tablet and it goes into table mode so the screen is sideways. I've...
  7. Clearing TPM, did not ask for BitLocker Recovery key on system restart

Clearing TPM, did not ask for BitLocker Recovery key on system restart: Hi guys, I know I had been overwhelming here with all my BitLocker and TPM related questions, but hopefully this should be my final concerns. I have BitLocker full encryption enabled on my HDD. 1. Recently, I had this issue when going to the TPM.msc console and...
  8. Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login: So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and...
  9. Every time I boot the system “Edge” is default program to open pdfs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I boot the system “Edge” is default program to open pdfs: After an update days ago many configurations were changed , including the default application to open pdf files , it was changed to open with Microsoft Edge. I changed it to open with my preference , Adobe Reader. However It happens that every day I boot the system pdfs...
  10. OneDrive keeps asking for credentials at every boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive keeps asking for credentials at every boot.: Hi to everybody. First of all, I know there are a lot of topics regarding this issue. Still, I didn't find anything which could help me. A few infos: I'm running the Insider Build 14332, and this problem started to show up since this last installation; I've already...