Windows 10: BitLocker auto locking iSCSI drive on Windows 10 Home

Discus and support BitLocker auto locking iSCSI drive on Windows 10 Home in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there! Please bear with me as I am a complete novice when it comes to this side of Windows and networking, so please excuse if I use the wrong... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SarahW1986, Aug 6, 2020.

1. BitLocker auto locking iSCSI drive on Windows 10 Home

Hi there!

Please bear with me as I am a complete novice when it comes to this side of Windows and networking, so please excuse if I use the wrong terminology or haven't tried something obvious.

Microsoft support team themselves couldn't help me with this and left me high and dry with no solution, their words 'we can't help you any further. Sorry.' awesome...

I have recently purchased a WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra, a program that I rely on to conduct my business can not save data to a network drive, so I created an iSCSI target and partitioned part of one of the volumes off to map as a local drive on my PC & laptop.

That all went fine. Success.

I copied over the program data that I needed onto the newly mapped iSCSI drive and all looked fine. I could see the drive and content from both my PC and my laptop.

PC was running slow so I restarted. From the time it rebooted I could now no longer access the new drive. It tells me it has been locked with BitLocker encryption and that I need a 48 digit key to access it. I don't have a key because I did not encrypt it...

So, I search my PC for 'BitLocker' and it's no where to be found. Not in the control panel or anywhere. I manage to find 'Device Encryption' in settings and it is OFF, I try to turn it ON and get the error message "A problem has occurred. Please try again later."

I do some online trouble shooting and try the following:

- login to microsoft account, it confirms there are no encryption keys saved.

- Run CMD and it also confirms that BitLocker is disabled.

- Look in 'Services' and manage to find, turn off and disable BitLocker this is the only place I can find BitLocker on my PC.

- Microsoft support sent me an article suggesting I use group policy editor to disable it but I am running Windows 10 Home, so no go there.

Their final suggestion was to delete the partition lucky i had only copied data onto it and not moved it and try again. I decided to do it as GPT partition this time as I had read that BitLocker wouldn't enable on that, it was a last ditch effort.

I did all that successfully and copied over some data to the new drive, all looked good until again I restart and now the drive has been locked with a NEW BitLocker key different key I.D. and I am back to square one.

Please please please can someone help me : I am close to tearing my hair out :

:)

SarahW1986, Aug 6, 2020

2. How to Auto-lock the drives on Windows 10 using BitLocker.

Hello Mominur,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• When you say “unlocking a driver”, are you referring to drives on the computer?
    • On which drive do you want to set auto-lock BitLocker option (Internal drive or External drive)?

You will be able to perform auto unlock of the drive using BitLocker. To perform auto-lock of the drive using BitLocker, you should either lock out of the user account if it an internal drive or remove the device driver for the external drive.

Refer to the link below on Help protect your files with BitLocker

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/bitlocker-drive-encryption

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Ruari Win User
    ISCSI drive suddenly Bitlocked and won't unlock

Ok so this is a bity of a pickle.

I have a ISCSI volume that suddenly all on it's own became bitlocked and when I try access it my client machine (Windows8) says access denied. when I tried to unlock it, it said: "BitLocker is not compatible with this version of windows. Try a newer version
    of Windows. "

Then I remembered I had connected to the drive with my Surface Pro 3 on windows 10 the night before, so I figured that maybe win10 got all high and mighty and had locked the drive without asking me about it?? (why would it do that? Would it?)

I disconnected the win8 machine and connected the sp3 via ISCSI and tried accessing the drive, also got "Access denied".

When I did click on the Unlock on the encrypted disk on the Surface Pro, I got the message, BitLocker is not compatible with this version of windows. Try a newer version of Windows. (Like hello, it's the latest there is?!?)

Help anyone, what is going on here? How can I get this drive unlocked.

Ruari, Aug 6, 2020
  4. BitLocker auto locking iSCSI drive on Windows 10 Home

How to Auto-lock the drives on Windows 10 using BitLocker.

Original title: BitLocker Auto Lock

How do I can auto lock to BitLocker after unlocking a driver in Windows 10 Pro?

N.B: I'm using BitLocker with Windows 8.1 & upgrade free to 10 pro.

Mominur_Rashid, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

BitLocker auto locking iSCSI drive on Windows 10 Home

1. BitLocker auto locking iSCSI drive on Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - BitLocker auto locking

2. Auto Unlock BitLocked drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Unlock BitLocked drives: Hi.I am just seeking some advice for the following desired implementation for encrypting drives and doing backups.I have a set of 5 USB external drives, which I have encrypted using BitLocker on a Windows 10 PC.All these drives have the same drive label, which is required for...
  3. Auto Unlock BitLocked drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Unlock BitLocked drives: Hi.I am just seeking some advice for the following desired implementation for encrypting drives and doing backups.I have a set of 5 USB external drives, which I have encrypted using BitLocker on a Windows 10 PC.All these drives have the same drive label, which is required for...
  4. Auto Unlock BitLocked drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Auto unlock BitLocker in Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto unlock BitLocker in Windows 11 Home: hi! Yesterday during an update, my laptop just had a green screen problem and then I re-installed windows 11 home single language by media creation tool. but now my SSD drives are locked by BitLocker except the boot drive. I have keys for unlocking them. but I can't open the...
  6. Auto unlock BitLocker in Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto unlock BitLocker in Windows 11 Home: hi! Yesterday during an update, my laptop just had a green screen problem and then I re-installed windows 11 home single language by media creation tool. but now my SSD drives are locked by BitLocker except the boot drive. I have keys for unlocking them. but I can't open the...
  7. Bitlocker insanity - Auto-unlock feature on Windows Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker insanity - Auto-unlock feature on Windows Home: I have 2 laptops Laptop 1 = Windows Pro - encrypted an external SSD with bitlocker and set a password Connected the SSD to Laptop 2 - Windows Home. Ticked auto-unlock. If it lets you auto unlock it'll let you turn it off later right? No!!!!!!! My SSD is now accessible...
  8. Locking drive in windows 10 home without bitlocker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locking drive in windows 10 home without bitlocker: How to set password to one of the partition drives in the windows 10 home (bitlocker isn't there). Please help. Thanks. submitted by /u/Sujanchikkela [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e5ttwj/locking_drive_in_windows_10_home_without_bitlocker/
  9. Bitlocker automatically encrypts connected iSCSI drive without asking. Interrupted after...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker automatically encrypts connected iSCSI drive without asking. Interrupted after...: Just bougt a Surface Book 2. Connected it to my wifi and my iSCSI drive (D:). (not a problem with any other windows laptop before) It automatically began to encrypt my D: drive, no pop-up, no asking for administrative privilegies, nothing. The log says: 23:00:00 BitLocker...
  10. Add Lock Drive to Context Menu of BitLocker Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Lock Drive to Context Menu of BitLocker Drives in Windows 10: How to: Add Lock Drive to Context Menu of BitLocker Drives in Windows 10 How to Add 'Lock Drive' to Context Menu of BitLocker Encrypted Drives in Windows 10 You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help block...