Windows 10: Bitlocker auto ran on asus laptop = I NEVER used it - there is no recovery key

Discus and support Bitlocker auto ran on asus laptop = I NEVER used it - there is no recovery key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; see subject line... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Greg Gustin, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Bitlocker auto ran on asus laptop = I NEVER used it - there is no recovery key

see subject line

:)

Greg Gustin, Feb 14, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Bitlocker recovery key

Hello,

I'm the IT user-support person in a company and I have this issue with a corporate laptop (belong to a domain & Active Directory):

I received from a user his laptop "dead" (no power-on, nothing to start-it). Accordingly to company security policies I deliver the laptop in service with another blank disk (the same SSD type) because the original one contained data.

After receiving the fixed laptop from service, I changed back the disks by putting the original one at it place.

Now, it occur the issue: at first step of booting it request the Bitlocker recovery key because the disk was bitlocker encrypted before.

The bad-luck is that I don't have this Bitlocker recovery key nowhere: on the printed paper, USB memory stick and not even on the Active Directory.

Is strange, because ussually, the other workstations (laptops with bitlocker activated) have this information on Active Directory.

Maybe because of a possible cause: the laptop owner use to work at home with the laptop and the Active Directory didn't synchronized the information related to Bitlocker recovery key (like for other laptop used in LAN).

I have the "Recovery key ID" on the blue screen for the laptop but is useless because I cannot find the "Bitlocker recovery key" on Active Directory using it.

What do you suggest to do in this case?

Many thanks for any advice and answer.

Mircea Dumitrescu.

Mircea Dumitrescu (mdumitre), Feb 14, 2019
  4. Bitlocker auto ran on asus laptop = I NEVER used it - there is no recovery key

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker auto ran on asus laptop = I NEVER used it - there is no recovery key

1. Bitlocker auto ran on asus laptop = I NEVER used it - there is no recovery key - Similar Threads - Bitlocker auto ran

2. My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....: I got this message just after I rebooted my laptop. it's lenovo ThinkPad when I check for a key I see this. You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your Microsoft account.Note: If someone else helped you set up your PC, the BitLocker keys you're looking for...
  3. My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....: I got this message just after I rebooted my laptop. it's lenovo ThinkPad when I check for a key I see this. You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your Microsoft account.Note: If someone else helped you set up your PC, the BitLocker keys you're looking for...
  4. My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup: Howdy, essentially I was on my computer, whether it was over heating, had a virus or a battery issue or something, it would randomly restart now and again. Well it restarted and got on a Bitlocker screen, something about boot something changing meant it needed my key. Well...
  6. ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup: Howdy, essentially I was on my computer, whether it was over heating, had a virus or a battery issue or something, it would randomly restart now and again. Well it restarted and got on a Bitlocker screen, something about boot something changing meant it needed my key. Well...
  7. ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. bitlocker recovery key for asus vivobook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bitlocker recovery key for asus vivobook: We're trying to restart our Asus VivoBook and seeing "BitLocker recovery...Enter the recovery key for this drive". We do not have it. How should we proceed? Can the recovery key be sent to our registered email? Or, any other solution before trying to reset to factory...
  9. My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....: Crisis! Please help! Laptop is asking for a bitlocker recovery key after it rebooted on its own while I was sleeping possibly due to an update. I have never turned on encryption. I have never even heard of this before. I have Windows 10 Home Edition. It has never asked me for...
  10. BitLocker recovery screen asking me for a key but I never installed it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker recovery screen asking me for a key but I never installed it: Hi all, Sorry this post is quite long because I want you to understand well my case and surely hundreds of thousands Win users I have a Lenovo X270 laptop that was running Windows 10 Professional. Hereis what happened: One day a little bit of soda poured out on it so...