Windows 10: bitlocker auto-unlock reseting to off after removable usb removed.

Discus and support bitlocker auto-unlock reseting to off after removable usb removed. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; after unlocking and setting auto-unlock to on for a USB flash drive, after removing the drive, the auto-unlock is reset to off every time and requires... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mikealexq1, Mar 25, 2023.

1. bitlocker auto-unlock reseting to off after removable usb removed.

after unlocking and setting auto-unlock to on for a USB flash drive, after removing the drive, the auto-unlock is reset to off every time and requires a password to unlock.

:)

mikealexq1, Mar 25, 2023

2. Enable Bitlocker auto-unlock without system drive encryption

1. turn off bitlocker on the drive you want to auto-unlock
    2. mount this drive as a removable drive
      i.e plug it into a usb attached drive unit such as StarTech or many others
    3. boot the system and bitlock the drive and turn on auto-unlock
    4. shutdown the system
    5. mount the drive as a permanent drive
    6. reboot the system and the drive will auto-unlock because windows now thinks
      that it is a removable drive

Works For Me with no problems

user895068, Mar 25, 2023
  3. BGN_1975 Win User
    Fixed Drive Detected as Removable in Bitlocker

My system has 2 data drives in addition to the boot drive which is SSD. While windows detects both drives as fixed drives Bitlocker reports one of the drives as removable and so I cannot set it to auto-unlock. Any suggestions on how to change this behavior
    and make Bitlocker report correctly?

BGN_1975, Mar 25, 2023
  4. bitlocker auto-unlock reseting to off after removable usb removed.

win10freak, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

bitlocker auto-unlock reseting to off after removable usb removed.

1. bitlocker auto-unlock reseting to off after removable usb removed. - Similar Threads - bitlocker auto unlock

2. auto bitlocker unlock feature disabled for fixed and removable data drives associated with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto bitlocker unlock feature disabled for fixed and removable data drives associated with...: Hi I am trying to install windows 10 to my computer. currently using windows 11.But bitlocker has been acting for all my drives.I tried in many ways to disbable bitlocker protection, but not working.Last time I used " manage -bde- status " and final result came "Bitlocker...
  3. Bitlocker not auto unlocking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker not auto unlocking: So, we have many systems about 15 of them in which we have a removable device USB that is encrypted by Bitlocker. We have set the system up so that the drive auto unlocks. However, if the OS is rebooted the drive will not auto unlock. I have even tried running the power shell...
  4. Bitlocker not auto unlocking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker not auto unlocking: So, we have many systems about 15 of them in which we have a removable device USB that is encrypted by Bitlocker. We have set the system up so that the drive auto unlocks. However, if the OS is rebooted the drive will not auto unlock. I have even tried running the power shell...
  5. Bitlocker not auto unlocking

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. bitlocker auto-unlock reseting to off after removable usb removed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker auto-unlock reseting to off after removable usb removed.: after unlocking and setting auto-unlock to on for a USB flash drive, after removing the drive, the auto-unlock is reset to off every time and requires a password to unlock....
  7. Bitlocker: automatically unlock removable drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker: automatically unlock removable drive: Hello,I have a Windows 10 pro installation with Bitlocker enabled for C:/ and 3 additional hard drives.Hard drives and bitlocker:- C:/ enabled- D:/ disabled- X:/ enabled- Y:/ disabledC: and D: is my new windows 10 install. X: and Y: is my old windows 10 install that I plugged...
  8. Bitlocker: automatically unlock removable drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker: automatically unlock removable drive: Hello,I have a Windows 10 pro installation with Bitlocker enabled for C:/ and 3 additional hard drives.Hard drives and bitlocker:- C:/ enabled- D:/ disabled- X:/ enabled- Y:/ disabledC: and D: is my new windows 10 install. X: and Y: is my old windows 10 install that I plugged...
  9. Bitlocker: automatically unlock removable drive

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. BitLocker Auto-Unlock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BitLocker Auto-Unlock: I want to have BitLocker enabled, but I want to turn on auto-unlock so I don’t have to continuously enter my BitLocker password. I’ve seen some systems with this setting in Manage BitLocker, but I do not see it on mine. Does anyone know why I don’t see it? Also is there...