Windows 10: Bitlocker automatically encrypts connected iSCSI drive without asking. Interrupted after...

Discus and support Bitlocker automatically encrypts connected iSCSI drive without asking. Interrupted after... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just bougt a Surface Book 2. Connected it to my wifi and my iSCSI drive (D:). (not a problem with any other windows laptop before) It automatically... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TheDanishTiger, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Bitlocker automatically encrypts connected iSCSI drive without asking. Interrupted after...

Just bougt a Surface Book 2. Connected it to my wifi and my iSCSI drive (DBitlocker automatically encrypts connected iSCSI drive without asking. Interrupted after... :). (not a problem with any other windows laptop before)

It automatically began to encrypt my D: drive, no pop-up, no asking for administrative privilegies, nothing.

The log says:

23:00:00 BitLocker encryption was started for volume D: using XTS-AES 128 algorithm.23:00:02 A BitLocker key protector was created.

23:00:06 Failed to backup BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery information for volume D: to your Microsoft account.

23:00:06 Failed to automatically enable Device Encryption.

23:00:12 Failed to backup BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery information for volume D: to your Microsoft account.

23:00:12 Failed to automatically enable Device Encryption.

After this, I cannot open my HDD with 500 GB of data.

Windows says something like this, then i double click on the drive:

this version of windows does not support this feature of bitlocker drive encryption. to use this feature upgrade the Operating system

I use:

OS Version: 10.0.18363 N/A Build 18363.

There are no new updates in Windows Update.

I have tried all the repair-bde and manage-bde options, and they doesn't work.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...er-drive-encryption-tools-to-manage-bitlocker

Is there anything else I can try, or is all of my photos , music and documents from the last 10 years lost?

It is quiet amazing, that Microsoft makes Windows autoencrypt a NAS RAID 1 iSCSI drive without asking. Thank you for corrupting my data, with bad programming of Bitlocker.

:)

TheDanishTiger, Nov 15, 2019
  2. Ruari Win User

ISCSI drive suddenly Bitlocked and won't unlock

Ok so this is a bity of a pickle.

I have a ISCSI volume that suddenly all on it's own became bitlocked and when I try access it my client machine (Windows8) says access denied. when I tried to unlock it, it said: "BitLocker is not compatible with this version of windows. Try a newer version
    of Windows. "

Then I remembered I had connected to the drive with my Surface Pro 3 on windows 10 the night before, so I figured that maybe win10 got all high and mighty and had locked the drive without asking me about it?? (why would it do that? Would it?)

I disconnected the win8 machine and connected the sp3 via ISCSI and tried accessing the drive, also got "Access denied".

When I did click on the Unlock on the encrypted disk on the Surface Pro, I got the message, BitLocker is not compatible with this version of windows. Try a newer version of Windows. (Like hello, it's the latest there is?!?)

Help anyone, what is going on here? How can I get this drive unlocked.

Ruari, Nov 15, 2019
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 15, 2019
  4. lndo7809 Win User

Bitlocker automatically encrypts connected iSCSI drive without asking. Interrupted after...

Device Encryption, locked my ISCSI virtual drive, now it won't unlock it.

So, I connected my dell venue 11 pro, to my iscsi virtual drive that is on my home windows server. I set it up, then, windows said that it needed to restart , i don't remember what it said, but i had to go and when i came back the laptop somehow encrypted
    itself and the network drive on its own . After a little while I found i could turn off the encryption by going into settings , about , then turned off device encryption. It did after some time, unlock the C: drive but it didnt unlock the iscsi virtual drive.
    Whenever I connect to the drive , it says: The Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatable with your version of windows. Try opening the drive using a new version of windows. When I try to right click the drive and hit unlock it says application
    not found. The laptop is running windows 10 Home. Also the other computer connected to the iscsi is running windows 10 Home and the server is running windows server 2012 r2 standard. Any ideas you have would help.

lndo7809, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker automatically encrypts connected iSCSI drive without asking. Interrupted after...

1. Bitlocker automatically encrypts connected iSCSI drive without asking. Interrupted after... - Similar Threads - Bitlocker automatically encrypts

2. Bitlocker drive encryption interrupted, USB inaccessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker drive encryption interrupted, USB inaccessible: Hi guys, I was encrypting a USB drive with bitlocker when the encryption was interrupted halfway. Now the drive is inaccessible and cannot even be formatted. Is there any way to reformat it or recover it ?Thanks...
  3. Bitlocker drive encryption interrupted, USB inaccessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker drive encryption interrupted, USB inaccessible: Hi guys, I was encrypting a USB drive with bitlocker when the encryption was interrupted halfway. Now the drive is inaccessible and cannot even be formatted. Is there any way to reformat it or recover it ?Thanks...
  4. Bitlocker interrupted encryption drive can't be accessed with its keys

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker interrupted encryption drive can't be accessed with its keys: Hi, When I was encrypting a personal external usb drive on my corporate laptop the encryption process was interrupted and the drive is now not accessible. My laptop restarted during the encryption process due to a corporate security patch and I couldn't control or delay this...
  5. Bitlocker interrupted encryption drive can't be accessed with its keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker interrupted encryption drive can't be accessed with its keys: Hi, When I was encrypting a personal external usb drive on my corporate laptop the encryption process was interrupted and the drive is now not accessible. My laptop restarted during the encryption process due to a corporate security patch and I couldn't control or delay this...
  6. Bitlocker interrupted encryption drive can't be accessed with its keys

7. Bitlocker encrypted my iSCSI volume after attaching it to Surface Book without asking me!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encrypted my iSCSI volume after attaching it to Surface Book without asking me!: HiI have the exact same issue as this post now locked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-on-its-own-and-without-my-request/3fe07f22-e13c-4e82-947a-f69ae4380dcaI've had a NAS with an iscsi volume for years. I use it with my desktop PC as a chunk...
  8. Bitlocker encrypted my iSCSI volume after attaching it to Surface Book without asking me!

Bitlocker encrypted my iSCSI volume after attaching it to Surface Book without asking me!: HiI have the exact same issue as this post now locked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-on-its-own-and-without-my-request/3fe07f22-e13c-4e82-947a-f69ae4380dcaI've had a NAS with an iscsi volume for years. I use it with my desktop PC as a chunk...
  9. Bitlocker encrypted my iSCSI volume after attaching it to Surface Book without asking me!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. bitlocker encryption interrupted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker encryption interrupted: The power on my pc was cut during the bitlocker encryption and now whenever i try access my usb the pc does not recognise it. It gives me an option to continue encryption but that crashes my pc and i am unable to use my usb. I tried using the iboysoft software but that did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. BitLocker ISCI

3. bitlocker over iscsi

4. disable bitlocker iscsi,
  5. ISCSI DRIVE BITLOCKER