Windows 10: BITLOCKER AUTOPLAY WINDOWS 10 PRO

Discus and support BITLOCKER AUTOPLAY WINDOWS 10 PRO in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there any way that when I plugged in an encrypted USB drive that the password prompt is automaticlly displayed? At this time when I plug in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TolerablePath12, Apr 27, 2020.

1. BITLOCKER AUTOPLAY WINDOWS 10 PRO

Is there any way that when I plugged in an encrypted USB drive that the password prompt is automaticlly displayed?

At this time when I plug in my device I get a blank File Explorer "Location is not available" windows and message that "G:\ is not accessible. Access is denied" which I have to click ok, so find the drive in File Explorer and unlock.

So if the unlock prompt can automatically run, I'd love to know how to set it up.

Many

thanks

TP12

:)

TolerablePath12, Apr 27, 2020
  2. ITgovguru Win User

Bitlocker autoplay on Windows 10

I too would like to see this autoplay option available on Windows 10 Home. This issue appears to be particular to the "Home" version of Windows 10, since Windows 10 Pro already responds with a password prompt. The bitlocker password prompt did appear via
    autoplay in Windows 8/8.1 Home, as Windows 8 Home was the OEM Windows factory installed on my laptop. Once I applied the free upgrade to Windows 10 Home, the bitlocker password prompt disappeared and instead I received the identical File Explorer scenario
    described in the original post. It is most annoying, especially as most of my removeable drives are Bitlocker encrypted. I expect other users feel the same way...

Please consider carrying over this autoplay option to Windows 10 Home, as it did exist on previous version of Windows Home.

ITgovguru, Apr 27, 2020
  3. AVJohnnie Win User
    Autoplay promt not showing in windows 10

This suggestion did not work - the Autoplay setting is already correct (and already set as suggested). Autoplay worked perfectly in Window 8.1/Pro (64Bit/w Media Center) before the Windows 10 Pro/64Bit upgrade was applied. I'm not interested in hearing
    about doing a clean install of Windows 10 either - especially when the problem did not exist prior to installing the Windows 10 upgrade. I have reimaged (image restored) the system back to Windows 8.1 twice, then allowed it to upgrade again to Windows 10-Pro/64
    - Same result ... Autoplay for removable media & devices is killed by doing the Windows 10 upgrade...

Next suggestion please...

AVJohnnie, Apr 27, 2020
  4. BITLOCKER AUTOPLAY WINDOWS 10 PRO

Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

BITLOCKER AUTOPLAY WINDOWS 10 PRO autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

Download Windows Media Player 10 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

BITLOCKER AUTOPLAY WINDOWS 10 PRO

1. BITLOCKER AUTOPLAY WINDOWS 10 PRO - Similar Threads - BITLOCKER AUTOPLAY PRO

2. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  3. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  4. AutoPlay Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AutoPlay Windows 10: I use the eject button to eject a removable device. Windows doesn't respond OK to remove device. Patiently waiting for Wndows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-windows-10/40b02b4e-8152-4627-89ab-082fe3d55313
  5. AutoPlay Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AutoPlay Windows 10: I use the eject button to eject a removable device. Windows doesn't respond OK to remove device. Patiently waiting for Wndows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-windows-10/40b02b4e-8152-4627-89ab-082fe3d55313
  6. AutoPlay Windows 10

7. Windows 10 Pro AutoPlay Not Working

Windows 10 Pro AutoPlay Not Working: I can plug anything into any of the 4 USB ports and appears to have power. However nothing ever happens and devices never shop up under autoplay. I have installed and reinstalled all of the drivers. Is there a special security setting or something I am not seeing? Doesnt work...
  8. autoplay for Windows 10

autoplay for Windows 10: I cant seem to get my disc drive to auto play and without autoplay, I have no idea where/how to run my disc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-for-windows-10/d67bc41d-d576-4fee-9d07-f0c6c534fb32
  9. Autoplay notifications not working in Win 10 pro

Autoplay notifications not working in Win 10 pro: I recently upgraded to Win 10 Pro 64bit from Win 8.1 Pro 64bit with Media Center (in place upgrade). When I plug in a USB device I no notification pops up and there's no way of getting it to show the 'what do you want to do' menu. The problem is described with images...
  10. AutoPlay non-functional in Win 10 Pro

AutoPlay non-functional in Win 10 Pro: Windows 10 PRO. AutoPlay isn't working in Windows 10. The SETTINGS|DEVICES menu has it turned ON. In Control Panel, it's turned on and configured to PLAY a CD. It's not disabled in the Group Policy editor. Neither of the two optical drives (a CD and DVD) will auto play...