Windows 10: BitLocker BIOS settings on Windows 10?

Discus and support BitLocker BIOS settings on Windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey guys I was just wondering, before turning ON BitLocker to encrypt the Operating System drive, does the BIOS need to be configured to boot from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, May 13, 2016.

1. BitLocker BIOS settings on Windows 10?

Hey guys

I was just wondering, before turning ON BitLocker to encrypt the Operating System drive, does the BIOS need to be configured to boot from the INTERNAL hard disk first from the Boot Order section?

This is for machines that have the TPM chip.

:)

win10freak, May 13, 2016

2. Bitlocker sets BIOS password?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I'll be glad to assist you.

This issue is better suited in Microsoft TechNet forum, we have a dedicated team with advanced tools and permissions to help you with this type of issues, I suggest you to post your query in TechNet forum from the below link.

Resources and Tools for IT Professionals | TechNet

Regards,

Joy Kemprai, May 13, 2016
  3. Bitlocker sets BIOS password?

I have updated my Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12 to Windows 10 about 2 months ago.

Meanwhile I have discovered that there are some issues like no microphone detected and odd occurrences of a yellow taint on my screen.

I found a BIOS update on Lenovo.com (version 1.19, I currently have 1.03) which is supposed to solve some Windows 10 issues. However, I cannot update my BIOS because it is apparently protected by a password.

I am not aware that I have set a BIOS password at any point in the past and therefore have no clue what the password might be. However, I had enabled BitLocker drive encryption in combination with TPM.
    Is there a possibility that BitLocker automatically sets a BIOS password?

Any other advice?

Best regards,

Henning

Henning_89, May 13, 2016
Thema:

BitLocker BIOS settings on Windows 10?

1. BitLocker BIOS settings on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - BitLocker BIOS settings

2. Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade: Hi, After I was prompted to update my Windows 11 BIOS, the bitlocker screen came on and locked me from accessing my computer claiming that the recovery key was incorrect. Appreciate it if anyone out there have a better suggestion? I tried to downgrade the BIOS but my notebook...
  3. Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade: Hi, After I was prompted to update my Windows 11 BIOS, the bitlocker screen came on and locked me from accessing my computer claiming that the recovery key was incorrect. Appreciate it if anyone out there have a better suggestion? I tried to downgrade the BIOS but my notebook...
  4. Bitlocker and updating BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker and updating BIOS: Before I update the BIOS, I'm asking myself about Bitlocker and if it has the Drive locked. Since I am getting nowhere with myself, I thought it best to ask someone abroad, so here I am. My question then is, how can I tell if my Drive is locked and then this. When I click on...
  5. Bitlocker and updating BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker and updating BIOS: Before I update the BIOS, I'm asking myself about Bitlocker and if it has the Drive locked. Since I am getting nowhere with myself, I thought it best to ask someone abroad, so here I am. My question then is, how can I tell if my Drive is locked and then this. When I click on...
  6. 10....BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    10....BIOS settings: how do i enable virtulation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/10bios-settings/8dd823a9-2d88-492b-9b43-a6ce994959c1
  7. Windows 10 BIOS virtualization settings

Windows 10 BIOS virtualization settings: Hello, I've been trying to search around the topic of windows 10 BIOS virtualization settings and wanted to know what are the default settings for this being disabled or enabled on the different versions Pro, Enterprise, Home, Education ?...
  8. Windows 10 - BIOS Setting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - BIOS Setting: I have Dell Inspiron 7559, which I upgraded by adding Samsung 860 SSD M.2 of 500GB. The SSD was successfully installed and activated in the system. I am looking to achieve 2 things: 1. Freshly install Win 10 (OS) on SSD and make it bootable. 2. Format the old HDD and use it...
  9. Bios settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bios settings: how do I get Bios settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-settings/9d880677-8843-456f-982a-6ce12af55769
  10. Windows 10 BIOS Settings

Windows 10 BIOS Settings: I am on a win 10 acer aspire one and when I try access f2 startup settings to get to bios, it asks me for my current password. I put it in and it rejects it and says it is incorrect. I need to access this so I can enable uefi settings so I can increase my dedicated video ram....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker bios settings

2. bios settings for bitlocker

3. amedning bitlocker setting on bios

4. bitlocker and bios settings windows 10,
  5. windows 10 bios settings for bitlocker,
  6. bitlocker bios setting,
  7. bios settings for bitlocker to work,
  8. BIOS settings for bitlocker in windows 10 pro,
  9. Bios settings for Bitlocker windows 10,
  10. bios bitlocker stting,