Windows 10: Bitlocker blocks my drive and I cannot unlock it due to I missed recovery key

Discus and support Bitlocker blocks my drive and I cannot unlock it due to I missed recovery key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,Recently I worked as vendor on MS project and when I set up my computer last time, I have enabled bitlocker and saved recovery key in work... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sergey Koryshev, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Bitlocker blocks my drive and I cannot unlock it due to I missed recovery key

Hello,Recently I worked as vendor on MS project and when I set up my computer last time, I have enabled bitlocker and saved recovery key in work OneDrive under my work account @microsoft. At the begin of this July I finished to work as vendor in MS and I lost access to my account, I have stopped bitlocked and reset windows to origin state to erase all data from system disk and created new local account to work. Then I resumed bitlocked but now it asks me for recovery key I suppose was saved to my work OneDrive and I have no access to it now so I'm totally blocked by it since affected di

:)

Sergey Koryshev, Jul 13, 2021
  2. Suman_B Win User

BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand you are not able to unlock the encrypted drive with recovery key on the Windows 10 PC, you may want to refer to this article to check if that helps.

BitLocker recovery guide.

However, as the issue is with the BitLocker encryption. I would suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet,
    where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on BitLocker issues to assist you with your query.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Ratandeep Win User
    No recovery key of BitLocker drive

Hello Anuradha,

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

Did you create any USB drive which contains pin to unlock the BitLocker drive?

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue.

I also realize the inconvenience you are experiencing due to BitLocker issue. I will certainly help you.

BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses the threats of data theft or exposure from lost, stolen, or inappropriately decommissioned computers.

You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your operating system drive (the drive where Windows is installed), a fixed data drive (such as an internal hard drive), or a removable data drive (such as a USB flash drive). The way
    you unlock an encrypted drive depends on two things:

- What kind of drive it is.

- What kind of unlock method you chose when you set up BitLocker on the drive.

I would suggest you to refer these articles and check if it helps.

Refer:

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Unlock a BitLocker-protected drive

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

(Also holds good for Windows 10)

Additional Information:

BitLocker

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/keep-secure/bitlocker-overview

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Ratandeep, Jul 13, 2021
  4. Bitlocker blocks my drive and I cannot unlock it due to I missed recovery key

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker blocks my drive and I cannot unlock it due to I missed recovery key

1. Bitlocker blocks my drive and I cannot unlock it due to I missed recovery key - Similar Threads - Bitlocker blocks drive

2. I cannot recover my bitlock recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot recover my bitlock recovery key: I am stuck in a automatic repair loop. I think I got out of it, but half the options both in and out require a bit lock recovery key for the device. Problem: I do not have it anywhere. It is not even in my Microsoft account. As of now, I cannot access the computer, which...
  3. I cannot find my bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot find my bitlocker recovery key: I cannot find the bitlocker recovery key for my laptop. I tried going to my Microsoft account but it says there are no Bitlocker recovery keys associated with my account. As my Mom bought the laptop, I tried checking her account but there were no Bitlocker keys either. I...
  4. I cannot find my bitlocker recovery key

I cannot find my bitlocker recovery key: I cannot find the bitlocker recovery key for my laptop. I tried going to my Microsoft account but it says there are no Bitlocker recovery keys associated with my account. As my Mom bought the laptop, I tried checking her account but there were no Bitlocker keys either. I...
  5. i want bitlocker recovery key to unlock my D drive

i want bitlocker recovery key to unlock my D drive: i forgot my BitLocker recovery key. i tried so many things but i cant find it. please help me to fix this thank you.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-bitlocker-recovery-key-to-unlock-my-d-drive/60ca7a49-c91d-40c6-8d80-7816cf660b82
  6. i want bitlocker recovery key to unlock my D drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i want bitlocker recovery key to unlock my D drive: i forgot my BitLocker recovery key. i tried so many things but i cant find it. please help me to fix this thank you.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-bitlocker-recovery-key-to-unlock-my-d-drive/60ca7a49-c91d-40c6-8d80-7816cf660b82
  7. i want bitlocker recovery key to unlock my D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. BitLocker Drive ID and/or Recovery Key won't unlock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BitLocker Drive ID and/or Recovery Key won't unlock: BitLocker Drive ID: 097E857E-80BC-44A8-A955-8E36958A6493. Have Recovery Key but won't recognize it. Replaced my Hard Drive with Windows 10 Pro recently, as old H/Drive corrupted. How can I retrieve an updated Recovery Key to unlock?...
  9. Tablet, no bitlocker, no recovery key, blocked drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tablet, no bitlocker, no recovery key, blocked drive: Hi, I have a HP Stream 8 tablet that came with windows 8.1 and two years ago it was automatically updated to windows 10. I stopped using it for 2 months, when I turned it on a blue screen appeared trying to do a diagnostic. It was not successful, and it took me to a screen in...
  10. BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key: I encrypted an external hard drive a while ago and have since forgotten the password. I have the 48 digit recovery key saved to my computer as a notepad document. The problem I am having is that when I enter the 48 digit recovery key to unlock the drive nothing happens. No...