Windows 10: Bitlocker Blue Screen no recovery key

Discus and support Bitlocker Blue Screen no recovery key in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Bitlocker Blue Screen asks me fo Recovery Key I dont have one and logging into microsoft account does not work. Help... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Richard66PW, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Bitlocker Blue Screen no recovery key

Bitlocker Blue Screen asks me fo Recovery Key I dont have one and logging into microsoft account does not work. Help

:)

Richard66PW, Dec 12, 2018

2. recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Bitlocker recovery key

Hello,

I'm the IT user-support person in a company and I have this issue with a corporate laptop (belong to a domain & Active Directory):

I received from a user his laptop "dead" (no power-on, nothing to start-it). Accordingly to company security policies I deliver the laptop in service with another blank disk (the same SSD type) because the original one contained data.

After receiving the fixed laptop from service, I changed back the disks by putting the original one at it place.

Now, it occur the issue: at first step of booting it request the Bitlocker recovery key because the disk was bitlocker encrypted before.

The bad-luck is that I don't have this Bitlocker recovery key nowhere: on the printed paper, USB memory stick and not even on the Active Directory.

Is strange, because ussually, the other workstations (laptops with bitlocker activated) have this information on Active Directory.

Maybe because of a possible cause: the laptop owner use to work at home with the laptop and the Active Directory didn't synchronized the information related to Bitlocker recovery key (like for other laptop used in LAN).

I have the "Recovery key ID" on the blue screen for the laptop but is useless because I cannot find the "Bitlocker recovery key" on Active Directory using it.

What do you suggest to do in this case?

Many thanks for any advice and answer.

Mircea Dumitrescu.

Mircea Dumitrescu (mdumitre), Dec 12, 2018
  4. Bitlocker Blue Screen no recovery key

BitLocker recovery key

Hi Dan,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue related to Bitlocker.

Just to confirm, are you being asked for a Bitlocker recovery key from the lock screen after booting PC? If not, where are you exactly being asked for a Bitlocker recovery key?

Also, are you the only person that has an account on your device? Have you already done any troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue? If yes, what are these troubleshooting steps?

We'll be waiting for your confirmation.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Bitlocker Blue Screen no recovery key

1. Bitlocker Blue Screen no recovery key - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Blue Screen

2. Stuck in bitlocker recovery key blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in bitlocker recovery key blue screen: I recently changed motherboard, case, cpu cooler and case fans from my hp omen 25l and upon the first boot, it is stuck in the blue screen asking for bitlocker recovery key. When i go to aka.ms/myrecoverykey it says “You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your...
  3. Stuck in bitlocker recovery key blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in bitlocker recovery key blue screen: I recently changed motherboard, case, cpu cooler and case fans from my hp omen 25l and upon the first boot, it is stuck in the blue screen asking for bitlocker recovery key. When i go to aka.ms/myrecoverykey it says “You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your...
  4. Bitlocker recovery not work in blue screen

Bitlocker recovery not work in blue screen: My laptop isn’t hacked but has some problem so I reset it. When my lap in the Microsoft reset screen, one screen requires Bitlocker recovery so I requested for Bitlocker and it worked on that screen. After that, it moves to the blue screen and also requires Bitlocker...
  5. Bitlocker recovery not work in blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery not work in blue screen: My laptop isn’t hacked but has some problem so I reset it. When my lap in the Microsoft reset screen, one screen requires Bitlocker recovery so I requested for Bitlocker and it worked on that screen. After that, it moves to the blue screen and also requires Bitlocker...
  6. Bitlocker recovery key

Bitlocker recovery key: We have turned our laptop on today and it is asking for the Bitlocker recovery key, we do not have this recovery key and we have checked our Microsoft account, after checking on the internet it seems there is no way to get past this screen without the relevant key, as this is...
  7. BitLocker recovery key

BitLocker recovery key: I was trying to switch back to windows 10 from 11 and now it is prompting me for a bitlocker recovery key, does anyone know how to get this? When I go to my microsoft account and search devices it tells me I am at the wrong URL?...
  8. Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key: Kindly help me in getting my bitlocker recovery key as i forgot the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key/a2c562b4-ba74-4d9b-8caa-bd6043d07cd7
  9. Bitlocker key or recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker key or recovery key: Help, i turned off my Dell computer a few hours later after a update i tried to reboot my compter but its asking for a bitlocker key or recovery key. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Dell support than microsoft support to no avail. They are both blaming the other while im...
  10. Windows 10 Mobile Bitlocker Recovery Key Blue Screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Mobile Bitlocker Recovery Key Blue Screen: A couple of weeks ago I posed a question HERE regarding how to tell whether Windows 10 Mobile device storage was actually encrypted and if so where were the recovery keys stored. The good news, is that the device storage is indeed encrypted when turning 'Device Encryption'...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where to find bitlocker recovery key from blue screen