Windows 10: Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the recovery key selection in Bitlocker Manager

Discus and support Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the recovery key selection in Bitlocker Manager in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the recovery key selection in Bitlocker ManagerI don't want anybody to be able to see the key after I have set it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LoisXL, Feb 26, 2024.

1. LoisXL Win User

Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the recovery key selection in Bitlocker Manager

Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the recovery key selection in Bitlocker ManagerI don't want anybody to be able to see the key after I have set it up.Is there any way to disable this?

:)

LoisXL, Feb 26, 2024

2. need to recovery my bitlocker key

Hello frankStilla, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the instructions down below and visit the URL and follow the different solutions.

If you want to make a backup of your BitLocker recovery key: Select the Start button, type BitLocker, select Manage BitLocker from the list of results, select Back up your recovery key, and follow the prompts for your preferred backup method.

Refer to:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402618...

Hope this helps!

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Feb 26, 2024
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the recovery key selection in Bitlocker Manager

1. Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the recovery key selection in Bitlocker Manager - Similar Threads - Bitlocker disable backup

2. Can I disable my BitLocker without admin rights, but with the bitlocker recovery key?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I disable my BitLocker without admin rights, but with the bitlocker recovery key?: I have a laptop running on Windows 10 Home with an admin and user account. I use the user account, but forgot the password of the admin account. I don't have a recovery stick for it, neither do my answers to "what was your first pet" etc. work.Now I tried booting a tool from...
  3. Can I disable my BitLocker without admin rights, but with the bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I disable my BitLocker without admin rights, but with the bitlocker recovery key?: I have a laptop running on Windows 10 Home with an admin and user account. I use the user account, but forgot the password of the admin account. I don't have a recovery stick for it, neither do my answers to "what was your first pet" etc. work.Now I tried booting a tool from...
  4. Can I disable my BitLocker without admin rights, but with the bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the revovery key selection in Bitlocker Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the revovery key selection in Bitlocker Manager: Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the revovery key selection in Bitlocker ManagerI don't want anybody to be able to see the key after I have set it up.Is there any way to disable this?...
  6. Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the revovery key selection in Bitlocker Manager

Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the revovery key selection in Bitlocker Manager: Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the revovery key selection in Bitlocker ManagerI don't want anybody to be able to see the key after I have set it up.Is there any way to disable this?...
  7. Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the revovery key selection in Bitlocker Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows 11 Bitlocker recovery key backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Bitlocker recovery key backup: Hi,I want to enable BitLocker on my PC. Will Windows automatically save the recovery key to my MS account, or is this something that I need to do manually? Thanks...
  9. Windows 11 Bitlocker recovery key backup

Windows 11 Bitlocker recovery key backup: Hi,I want to enable BitLocker on my PC. Will Windows automatically save the recovery key to my MS account, or is this something that I need to do manually? Thanks...
  10. Backup BitLocker Recovery Key in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup BitLocker Recovery Key in Windows 10: How to: Backup BitLocker Recovery Key in Windows 10 How to Backup BitLocker Recovery Key for Drive in Windows 10 A BitLocker recovery key is a special key that you can create when you turn on Bitlocker Drive Encryption for the first time on each drive that you encrypt....