Windows 10: Bitlocker: Can't Save to Your Microsoft Account

Discus and support Bitlocker: Can't Save to Your Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; With a bit of future planning, a rarity for me, I decided to back up my Bitlocker key. However when I select "Save to your Microsoft account" through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Major Bystander, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Bitlocker: Can't Save to Your Microsoft Account

With a bit of future planning, a rarity for me, I decided to back up my Bitlocker key. However when I select "Save to your Microsoft account" through the Control Panel app, i receive an error Can't save to your Microsoft account". I have plenty of space on Onedrive, and several hundred GB on my local machine too. Onedrive seems to be working--indeed its in the process of synching. Could this be the issue? Any ideas? I'm on the latest Windows 10 build with all recent patchdes applied.

MB

:)

Major Bystander, Jan 11, 2019

2. Cannot Save Bitlocker Recovery Key to Microsoft Account

I have a brand new Surface Pro with Windows 10. I am attempting to enable BitLocker.

From the Control Panel / Manage Bitlocker, I click "Turn on BitLocker".

I am given a question, "How do you want to backup your recovery key?" and I choose, "Save to your Microsoft account."

I am greeted with a popup, "Bitlocker Drive Encryption error. Can't sign in to your Microsoft account. You need to be signed in to Windows with a Microsoft account to save your recovery key. Sign out and hen sign in with a Microsoft account, or go to
    Settings and choose Accounts to change your existing account."

I am signed in, but I went through these steps again, but I am unable to save my recovery key to my Microsoft account.

How do I fix this?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bathosphyr, Jan 11, 2019
  3. maloo78 Win User
    No bitlocker key save to logged-in microsoft account

No problem. I have searched around a little more, but I am afraid the option to backup the key to the account is either broken or has been partially removed. Just my theory.

You could use the feedback app and search for "Bitlocker save" and vote to support one (or all) of the complaints listed there - like this we give Microsoft direct feedback.

maloo78, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Bitlocker: Can't Save to Your Microsoft Account

Cannot Save Bitlocker Recovery Key to Microsoft Account

Hi,

For the specific information and proper assistance regarding your BitLocker, we would suggest in reaching out to our TechNet team through this link. You can also refer to the post of MeipoXu through this

thread
    which is also from our TechNet forums as a reference that can possibly resolve your issue. If the issue still persists, it would be best to post your concern on their forums to have the appropriate steps to take in resolving the issue. You can easily
    reach out to them by clicking on this
    link

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker: Can't Save to Your Microsoft Account

1. Bitlocker: Can't Save to Your Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Can't Save

2. Bitlocker recovery key backup Can't save to your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key backup Can't save to your Microsoft account: I am logged in with a Microsoft account with administrator privileges. In the Manage BitLocker app, if I click "Back up your recovery key" and choose "Save to your Microsoft account", I get a pop-up saying "Can't save to your Microsoft account".I also ran mountvol to find the...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key backup Can't save to your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key backup Can't save to your Microsoft account: I am logged in with a Microsoft account with administrator privileges. In the Manage BitLocker app, if I click "Back up your recovery key" and choose "Save to your Microsoft account", I get a pop-up saying "Can't save to your Microsoft account".I also ran mountvol to find the...
  4. bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft account.: Bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft it is asking me to save on some other account which i don't have.what should i do then? btw i'm using windows 11....
  5. bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft account.: Bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft it is asking me to save on some other account which i don't have.what should i do then? btw i'm using windows 11....
  6. Bitlocker: Can't save to your Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker: Can't save to your Microsoft account: I had Bitlocker activated on my HP Elitebook with the factory SSD installed. The key was stored in my MS-account. No issue at all.I recently upgraded the SSD and therefore reinstalled the OS. When I now try to enable Bitlocker, the OS reports an error trying to save to my...
  7. Bitlocker won't save to microsoft account

Bitlocker won't save to microsoft account: So I have seen old posts about this issue but nothing really recent about it. I have two computers that I just did a clean install of win 10 pro. My only account I have on the computers is a microsoft account and I have verified myself on the account with microsoft. I have...
  8. No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account

No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account: On my Surface Pro X tablet I'm unable to back up my BitLocker recovery key to my Microsoft Account - there is no option for this function. What do I need to do to enable it? [ATTACH] I don't seem to be joined to a domain / I have no work our school accounts on this...
  9. Bitlocker - Save to your cloud domain account

Bitlocker - Save to your cloud domain account: Hi, It looks like for the option 'Save to your cloud domain account' to appear when backing up the Bitlocker key, the user needs to be an administrator. Currently, when setting up Bitlocker on a new computer for a domain user, I have to first temporarily add the domain...
  10. BitLocker can't backup to Microsoft account..??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker can't backup to Microsoft account..??: I'm running a Surface Book 1 with fresh install of Windows and all current updates applied. I am using an MS Live account, and everything about that on here is working as expected except for BitLocker. When I try to enable BitLocker and backup my keys to my MS account I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant save bitlocker key to microsoft account

2. bitlocker cant save to microsoft account

3. why i cant save bitlocker recovery key on Microsoft account

4. how to save recovery key in microsoft account,
  5. bitlocker windows 10 microsoft,
  6. can not save bitlocker ms account,
  7. bitlocker key cant save to your microsoft account,
  8. enable bitlocker on microsoft account ,
  9. bitlocker not synchronizing with microsoft account,
  10. where does bitlocker save recovery key if no microsoft account,
  11. enable bitlocker cant save microsoft account,