Windows 10: Bitlocker: Can't Save to Your Microsoft Account

Discus and support Bitlocker: Can't Save to Your Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; With a bit of future planning, a rarity for me, I decided to back up my Bitlocker key. However when I select "Save to your Microsoft account" through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Major Bystander, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Bitlocker: Can't Save to Your Microsoft Account

With a bit of future planning, a rarity for me, I decided to back up my Bitlocker key. However when I select "Save to your Microsoft account" through the Control Panel app, i receive an error Can't save to your Microsoft account". I have plenty of space on Onedrive, and several hundred GB on my local machine too. Onedrive seems to be working--indeed its in the process of synching. Could this be the issue? Any ideas? I'm on the latest Windows 10 build with all recent patchdes applied.

MB

:)

Major Bystander, Jan 11, 2019

2. Cannot Save Bitlocker Recovery Key to Microsoft Account

I have a brand new Surface Pro with Windows 10. I am attempting to enable BitLocker.

From the Control Panel / Manage Bitlocker, I click "Turn on BitLocker".

I am given a question, "How do you want to backup your recovery key?" and I choose, "Save to your Microsoft account."

I am greeted with a popup, "Bitlocker Drive Encryption error. Can't sign in to your Microsoft account. You need to be signed in to Windows with a Microsoft account to save your recovery key. Sign out and hen sign in with a Microsoft account, or go to
    Settings and choose Accounts to change your existing account."

I am signed in, but I went through these steps again, but I am unable to save my recovery key to my Microsoft account.

How do I fix this?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bathosphyr, Jan 11, 2019
  3. maloo78 Win User
    No bitlocker key save to logged-in microsoft account

No problem. I have searched around a little more, but I am afraid the option to backup the key to the account is either broken or has been partially removed. Just my theory.

You could use the feedback app and search for "Bitlocker save" and vote to support one (or all) of the complaints listed there - like this we give Microsoft direct feedback.

maloo78, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Bitlocker: Can't Save to Your Microsoft Account

Cannot Save Bitlocker Recovery Key to Microsoft Account

Hi,

For the specific information and proper assistance regarding your BitLocker, we would suggest in reaching out to our TechNet team through this link. You can also refer to the post of MeipoXu through this

thread
    which is also from our TechNet forums as a reference that can possibly resolve your issue. If the issue still persists, it would be best to post your concern on their forums to have the appropriate steps to take in resolving the issue. You can easily
    reach out to them by clicking on this
    link

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker: Can't Save to Your Microsoft Account

1. Bitlocker: Can't Save to Your Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Can't Save

2. Your Microsoft Account is out of date.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Your Microsoft Account is out of date.: Your Microsoft Account is out of date. This Notice keeps popping up. I don't care anything about my Microsoft Account. How can I stop these notices. Don Cole 124329
  3. Your Microsoft Account is out of date.

in Windows 10 Support
    Your Microsoft Account is out of date.: Your Microsoft Account is out of date. This Notice keeps popping up. I don't care anything about my Microsoft Account. How can I stop these notices. Don Cole 124329
  4. Unable to save BitLocker recovery key to cloud domain account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to save BitLocker recovery key to cloud domain account: I have enabled BitLocker after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro account (from Windows 10 Home). My internal hard drive appeared to be already encrypted (not sure how) and there is a recovery key listed in my cloud domain account. I have now encrypted my external backup drive also,...
  5. Visit your Microsoft account dashboard

in Browsers and Email
    Visit your Microsoft account dashboard: On my Edge browser, when I connected to its MSN Start Page today about 1/4th of the way down in the Microsoft ads section I saw “Visit your Microsoft account dashboard” [img] I clicked on it and it automatically shows when & how much I paid for my Office Home and Student...
  6. Can't login with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't login with microsoft account: Hello, I tried to do some cleanups both on my desktop and my laptop, but on my desktop, something went wrong. All metro apps were deleted and some shortcuts of normal apps as well. After some searching on the internet, I found out how to add the packages in C:\Program...
  7. BitLocker Save to USB Flash missing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Save to USB Flash missing?: Hi, I followed the step by step guide on what Brink wrote up below. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...-a.html?filter[1]=Security System Tools However, when turning ON BitLocker to encrypt the OS drive only, and ask me to where to save the recovery key, I get only...
  8. Can't log in to Microsoft account

Can't log in to Microsoft account: Upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. Everything works great accept that I cannot log in to my Microsoft account. I've tried creating a new user account and it won't do that either. Tried a clean install and still having the same issue. A grey box will appear then disappear and...
  9. Can't connect to Microsoft account

Can't connect to Microsoft account: First of all, it's my fault. I accidentally deleted 'Microsoft' subfolder from Roaming folder, and after that, I just can't link my local Windows account to my Microsoft account. It always says the basic failure messages. What should I do? How could I restore the original...
  10. Can't sign in with microsoft account

Can't sign in with microsoft account: Trying to sign into Windows 10 but keep getting message "Something went wrong" or try later. I've been trying since install two weeks ago. 17282