Windows 10: BitLocker: Can't use Recovery Key or Password

Discus and support BitLocker: Can't use Recovery Key or Password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A friend using Win 10 Pro emailed me saying "I’ve managed to lock myself out of my data drive having encrypted it with bit locker. Now it does not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DoctorJellybean, May 8, 2018.

1. BitLocker: Can't use Recovery Key or Password

A friend using Win 10 Pro emailed me saying

"I’ve managed to lock myself out of my data drive having encrypted it with bit locker. Now it does not recognise my password and will not let me type in the Recovery key (cannot get letters to type in)".

He has a C drive for OS and Applications, and D for data. As I don't use BitLocker, I don't have any solutions and Googling doesn't seem to help much.

Would he be able to access his data drive if he resets his PC?

:)

DoctorJellybean, May 8, 2018
Thema:

BitLocker: Can't use Recovery Key or Password

1. BitLocker: Can't use Recovery Key or Password - Similar Threads - BitLocker Can't Recovery

2. How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlock-without-using-recovery-key/80a1fa6f-92cc-4b31-934b-30ae6a8e6599
  3. Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing: Hello,I set up bitlocker a long time a go on a secondary laptop and subsequently lost the password. I apparently did not set up a recovery key to my microsoft account. I cannot figure out how to access the computer now given I cannot get past bitlocker. I am trying to restore...
  4. Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing

Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing: Hello,I set up bitlocker a long time a go on a secondary laptop and subsequently lost the password. I apparently did not set up a recovery key to my microsoft account. I cannot figure out how to access the computer now given I cannot get past bitlocker. I am trying to restore...
  5. Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Forgot BitLocker password and the recovery key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forgot BitLocker password and the recovery key: I've two of my drives BitLocker protected none of which are system drives though. Unfortunately, I've forgotten the BitLocker password and can't recall the recovery file location. Is there any way to unlock the protected drives? I can only use a system drive as storage and...
  7. Forgot BitLocker password and the recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot BitLocker password and the recovery key: I've two of my drives BitLocker protected none of which are system drives though. Unfortunately, I've forgotten the BitLocker password and can't recall the recovery file location. Is there any way to unlock the protected drives? I can only use a system drive as storage and...
  8. Forgot BitLocker password and the recovery key

9. BitLocker Password or Recovery Key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Password or Recovery Key: Dear All, FYI, one of our staff was accidently turn on the BitLocker Drive Encryption for Windows 10 Pro in his HP laptop for a quite some time. Last few, days the laptop's motherboard was faulty and we manage to get HP to replace the new motherboard. However, after replace...
  10. Bitlocker key and password recovery

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker key and password recovery: Hi, i have a drive that is locked but i do not have the 48 key password. i only have the 32 key identification key. how do i unlock my drive with this?...
Tags: