Windows 10: BitLocker Challenge and Lost Microsoft Login

Discus and support BitLocker Challenge and Lost Microsoft Login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a user that inherited a Win 10 Home PC that came along with the PIN number for windows login. They never looked at the account details. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Cool_Capybara, Jul 20, 2021.

1. BitLocker Challenge and Lost Microsoft Login

I have a user that inherited a Win 10 Home PC that came along with the PIN number for windows login. They never looked at the account details. I can't get by the BitLocker blue screen and so I can't get into the PC to see the login or associated e-mail address. This means I can't log into the Microsoft account and see the recovery key. I already tried enabling Secure Boot and that didn't help with anything. I am thinking that the only way I can get that key would be to log into the user's account...but without the e-mail address associated, is this possible? The user recalls seeing her n

:)

Cool_Capybara, Jul 20, 2021

2. Microsoft Daily Challenge Sudoku

Hi Mary,

There are many possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenges. It is possible that the app needs an update or an error with the in-game server. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Did the issue start after an update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Does the same issue occur on your other apps?

In the meantime, we suggest that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your PC by following the steps on this

link
    . You can also check for new app updates on Windows Store by performing the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Jul 20, 2021
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 20, 2021
  4. BitLocker Challenge and Lost Microsoft Login

Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

BitLocker Challenge and Lost Microsoft Login

1. BitLocker Challenge and Lost Microsoft Login - Similar Threads - BitLocker Challenge Lost

2. BitLocker key lost

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker key lost: BitLocker key lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-key-lost/405a23df-6093-4650-a6a9-52b75ab14e55
  3. BitLocker Key Lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Key Lost: Hello - My parents have been locked out of their DELL computer and the computer is asking for a bitlocker key. I've tried every e-mail I would think they set up the computer under however I'm unable to locate this key. Is there any other way to get into the computer? Unsure...
  4. bitlocker lost kay

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bitlocker lost kay: hi please give me kay id:BE6040A1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-lost-kay/36aa4c3e-9ccd-4d53-bfd8-58a10cc0a485
  5. bitlocker lost kay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker lost kay: hi please give me kay id:BE6040A1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-lost-kay/36aa4c3e-9ccd-4d53-bfd8-58a10cc0a485
  6. Bitlocker admin lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker admin lost: Hi, I have an old laptop that I’d like to wipe but no longer have any of the reviver keys, passwords or bitlocker passwords, I’ve create a USB from media creation tool etc but am now stuck due to option from boot menu not appearing, I found a similar thread where a gentleman...
  7. Bitlocker admin lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker admin lost: Hi, I have an old laptop that I’d like to wipe but no longer have any of the reviver keys, passwords or bitlocker passwords, I’ve create a USB from media creation tool etc but am now stuck due to option from boot menu not appearing, I found a similar thread where a gentleman...
  8. Microsoft Sudoku daily challenge data lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sudoku daily challenge data lost: I'm on Windows 10 version 2004 and have been playing Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge since before this new version started. It crashed so I uninstalled and reinstalled it. When I reloaded it to play the Daily Challenge all my statistics , awards and previous games were gone....
  9. Microsoft solitaire challenge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft solitaire challenge: Up until yesterday 03/14/2020, I was able to login thru Xbox in windows 10 and play the challenges. but now I get errors 101 and 104. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-solitaire-challenge/cfa98d79-5f5c-4a6a-9044-e7efa7d11b9a
  10. BitLocker + Partition Experts Needed for Uncommon Recovery Challenge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker + Partition Experts Needed for Uncommon Recovery Challenge: The following recovery is being (has been) performed on an external enclosure running JBOD. I recently "recovered" a bitlocker drive using the following command in cmd prompt on windows 7: repair-bde C: Z: -rp 062612-026103-175593-225830-027357-086526-362263-513414...