Windows 10: bitlocker changes its own password

Discus and support bitlocker changes its own password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; yesterday I was able to activate the password after a while the password and recovery key changed by themselves, do you have a solution?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FendriChandra, Feb 8, 2021.

1. bitlocker changes its own password

yesterday I was able to activate the password after a while the password and recovery key changed by themselves, do you have a solution?

:)

FendriChandra, Feb 8, 2021
  2. Ernie San Win User

changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Feb 8, 2021
  3. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Feb 8, 2021
  4. JonBland Win User

bitlocker changes its own password

Unable to change BitLocker password

Hi Igor

My name is Jon and I am an independent technical adviser. Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues and I would really like to help you find a resolution.

Method 1: Change BitLocker Password from Windows Explorer

Right-click on the BitLocker encrypted drive in Windows Explorer, and select Change BitLocker password from the context menu.

Note: if the encrypted drive shows a gold lock on the icon, then you can’t see the “Change Bitlocker password” option in the context menu, and you need to unlock the BitLocker drive first.

Enter the old password, followed by the new password (entered twice), and then click Change password.

You should see a message that the password has been changed successfully in the same window.

Method 2: Change BitLocker Password from Control Panel

Open the Control Panel and select Large icons in the View by drop-down menu. Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

Expand the drive for which you want to change the BitLocker password, and click Change password from the list of options.

When the Change Password window appears, type your old password and new password. Click Change password.

Now you’ve changed your BitLocker password.

Method 3: Change BitLocker Password Using Command Line

Open the Command Prompt as administrator.

Assuming you’re going to change Bitlocker password for drive D:, type the following command and hit Enter.

manage-bde -changepassword d:

You’ll be prompted to enter the new password twice. Note: your password won’t be shown while you’re typing.

When the password has been successfully changed, you can close Command Prompt. Every time you boot into Windows, you can unlock the BitLocker drive with the new password.

Hope this helps.

JonBland, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

bitlocker changes its own password

1. bitlocker changes its own password - Similar Threads - bitlocker changes own

2. Pin changed on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin changed on its own: I went to log into my computer today, and my pin no longer worked. Ive had the same one for multiple years, and it suddenly stopped working. My only option is to wait thirty days to renew my security phone number, but thats stupid. Please help...
  3. Pin changed on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin changed on its own: I went to log into my computer today, and my pin no longer worked. Ive had the same one for multiple years, and it suddenly stopped working. My only option is to wait thirty days to renew my security phone number, but thats stupid. Please help...
  4. HDD unexpectedly locks on its own with bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD unexpectedly locks on its own with bitlocker: My HDD locks unexpectedly by it self with bitlocker and i always have to put in the passcode to unlock it but it will lock by itself every like 5secs. I cant even use my HDD anymore because of this. any reason why its doing this?...
  5. HDD unexpectedly locks on its own with bitlocker

HDD unexpectedly locks on its own with bitlocker: My HDD locks unexpectedly by it self with bitlocker and i always have to put in the passcode to unlock it but it will lock by itself every like 5secs. I cant even use my HDD anymore because of this. any reason why its doing this?...
  6. Wallpaper changing on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper changing on its own: When I set a custom wallpaper, it changes on its own a set a random picture as my new wallpaper. How do I fix this reoccurring issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaper-changing-on-its-own/3b01bc1e-626e-4495-9e06-b5f88c57f7a5
  7. Wallpaper changing on its own

Wallpaper changing on its own: When I set a custom wallpaper, it changes on its own a set a random picture as my new wallpaper. How do I fix this reoccurring issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaper-changing-on-its-own/3b01bc1e-626e-4495-9e06-b5f88c57f7a5
  8. Tabs changing on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tabs changing on its own: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/arry__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfhw69/tabs_changing_on_its_own/
  9. Time changing on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time changing on its own: I have a desk top running with windows 10 and every few weeks or so I find my time is an hour off. I have looked at all of the simple avenues but not finding anything that seems to be to be the reason. bill...
  10. Color changed on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color changed on its own: Recent update has made the background in file explorer black. Can I change it back to white? It is very hard on my eyes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-changed-on-its-own/b948612d-ae00-4c54-a358-3194808c09bb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker password changed itself windows 10