Windows 10: Bitlocker concern

Discus and support Bitlocker concern in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have all my files in the computer and somehow it stopped working on its own. I wanted to have this fixed and reach to the point that I was able to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cooperbradleyjr, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Bitlocker concern

I have all my files in the computer and somehow it stopped working on its own. I wanted to have this fixed and reach to the point that I was able to go on recovery mode. I realized that it doesn't even load at all so I restarted it. When it open up again it is now asking for the bitlocker key, I don't know what is it and where I can get it. Pleae help.

:)

Cooperbradleyjr, Sep 23, 2022
  2. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Bitlocker Questions

Hey brink, I dont use hibernate ... but I might use it when i use bitlocker though.

But my concern is if i only do one step of step 3 and not do the other part of step 3... there might be some issue along the way right? Thats why im concerned about this and want to do it first before i turn on bitlocker. Or had i not do step one of step 3... i would feel safe to do it.

But could you tell me what im typing wrong though in the last step of 3 like how you found i spelled that bcdedit incorrect earlier?

paulyjustin, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Bitlocker concern

BitLocker permanent loop

Hi Laura,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Are you connected to Domain?

• Are you using Windows 10 pro?

I suggest you to follow the steps given in the article below and check if it helps.

BitLocker Troubleshooting: Continuous reboot loop with BitLocker recovery on a slate device - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Bitlocker concern

1. Bitlocker concern - Similar Threads - Bitlocker concern

2. My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...: helloMy primary computer is locked. at startup, it is asking me to enter a bitlocker recovery code to unblock it.It seems that this code is stored on my microsoft account under this url : https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykeyWhen I try to go there, it is asking me...
  3. My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...: helloMy primary computer is locked. at startup, it is asking me to enter a bitlocker recovery code to unblock it.It seems that this code is stored on my microsoft account under this url : https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykeyWhen I try to go there, it is asking me...
  4. My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...

6. BitLocker Recovery ID Concern

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery ID Concern: Hello Microsoft Community,Good day!May I ask, since Microsoft can't provide the missing BitLocker Recovery Key, and the laptop I'm going to use is company issued and the previous owner doesn't know the recovery key. I'm planning to reinstall a fresh Windows 11 OS in the...
  7. BitLocker Recovery ID Concern

BitLocker Recovery ID Concern: Hello Microsoft Community,Good day!May I ask, since Microsoft can't provide the missing BitLocker Recovery Key, and the laptop I'm going to use is company issued and the previous owner doesn't know the recovery key. I'm planning to reinstall a fresh Windows 11 OS in the...
  8. Bitlocker concern

Bitlocker concern: I have all my files in the computer and somehow it stopped working on its own. I wanted to have this fixed and reach to the point that I was able to go on recovery mode. I realized that it doesn't even load at all so I restarted it. When it open up again it is now asking for...
  9. Bitlocker concern

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker concern: I have all my files in the computer and somehow it stopped working on its own. I wanted to have this fixed and reach to the point that I was able to go on recovery mode. I realized that it doesn't even load at all so I restarted it. When it open up again it is now asking for...
  10. BitLocker Security concerns

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Security concerns: I just stumbled into an issue and would like to ask if this is normal or not. My UEFI boot order is the Windows Boot Manager and then the Internal HDD, nothing else. Except when I insert the USB flash drive, that shows up in the Boot Sequence menu options among the last boot...