Windows 10: Bitlocker - conflict question with Intune

Discus and support Bitlocker - conflict question with Intune in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! I have been learning my way around Intune for the purposes of BitLocker'ing our organizations endpoints. Intune has occasionally worked but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Erin_Mc, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Erin_Mc Win User

Bitlocker - conflict question with Intune

Hello!

I have been learning my way around Intune for the purposes of BitLocker'ing our organizations endpoints. Intune has occasionally worked but mostly hasn't. It HAS worked on the laptop I am currently using, but then I would decrypt from the control panel to then try to re-encrypt with a different setting.

Perhaps its from the repeated encryptions and decryptions, but Intune will not encrypt this machine again. In event viewer message: Event ID:796, Bitlocker Drive Encryption is using software-based encryption to protect volume C:

But the thing is, encryption is off. Not suspended, but off. manage-bde -status shows it to be off. I even run decrypt scripts on it from sccm and powershell even though it's already off just to double make sure.

But I noticed in Disk Management, it shows its on even if powershell says its off.

So I don't know what to do next. Is there a flag somewhere that the disk management is reading that's stuck?

Thank you, in advance, for any advice.

Bitlocker - conflict question with Intune 7dac76b1-5b08-4870-b389-2781d4bca2e1?upload=true.png

Bitlocker - conflict question with Intune e1dd5b45-0ac5-4847-abf9-0539f761786c?upload=true.png

Bitlocker - conflict question with Intune 3267a967-350c-48bd-b6fb-9673c8ed962d?upload=true.png

:)

Erin_Mc, Jan 8, 2021

2. Bitlocker Questions

Hey... how do you know that is the command you have?

Do you want me to type that in... the way you have it or does that not apply to me?

Yea my main concern is because i went halfway only with step 3... if i turn on bitlocker now or use hibernate in future, might be issue or conflicting problem because i didn't finish step 3... so had i didn't even attempt step 3 at all... without finishing 1st part of step 3... i feel safer just turning on bitlocker now.....

paulyjustin, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Bitlocker Questions

Okay... just saw that mistake

- - - Updated - - -

Bitlocker - conflict question with Intune [​IMG]

I followed the step 1 instructions in that link you posted...

So i should now turn on bitlocker to see if it works? Or do I need to do both step 2 and 3 in that link you posted... before I turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks saw that mistake. I post some more pictures. So what do you want me to do now? Do step 2 and 3 in that link you posted? Or try to turn on bitlocker right now after doing the 1st step? Im not sure if in that link, they want you to do all 3 steps or not? Or is it try step 1... if it works, thats it and then turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

I am doing step 3.... I did the first part of step 3 and it showed tons of words which meant i entered it correct. But the last step of step 3... i seem to get error? What am i typing wrong here?

Bitlocker - conflict question with Intune [​IMG]

paulyjustin, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Bitlocker - conflict question with Intune

Miguelonky, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker - conflict question with Intune

1. Bitlocker - conflict question with Intune - Similar Threads - Bitlocker conflict question

2. Intune enrollment question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intune enrollment question.: For computers that are already registered to Entra IDazure ad how do I get them into Intune with logging into each individual computer or is that possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intune-enrollment-question/83e41450-49b7-482f-98ae-644a3e7a756b
  3. Intune enrollment question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intune enrollment question.: For computers that are already registered to Entra IDazure ad how do I get them into Intune with logging into each individual computer or is that possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intune-enrollment-question/83e41450-49b7-482f-98ae-644a3e7a756b
  4. Intune Bitlocker Key Unable to saved on Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intune Bitlocker Key Unable to saved on Intune: We enabled the BitLocker policy and we are encrypting the device. the device getting encrypted but unable to save the Encryption recovery Key on Intune.There is no error. The Key is generating...
  5. Intune Bitlocker Key Unable to saved on Intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intune Bitlocker Key Unable to saved on Intune: We enabled the BitLocker policy and we are encrypting the device. the device getting encrypted but unable to save the Encryption recovery Key on Intune.There is no error. The Key is generating...
  6. Intune Bitlocker Key Unable to saved on Intune

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. BitLocker Startup Conflict HELP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Startup Conflict HELP: What am I missing here. I keep getting a group policy BitLocker startup conflict. I have been able to use the same settings across other computers same model and it worked. I have tried different combinations of the settings below and running gpupdate and nothing works. I...
  8. Bitlocker TPM and PIN Intune

Bitlocker TPM and PIN Intune: Hi All, I've tried setting up TPM and PIN in SCCM via MBAM and it all works fine and is really good! However for Tamper protection for Defender Antivirus you need to use Intune. This means you can switch the workload, all well and good however it seems in intune there is...
  9. Bitlocker conflict on second fixed drive

Bitlocker conflict on second fixed drive: Hi I've just replaced my laptop. Both old and new had / have two fixed drives - C drive with the OS one and then a second fixed local drive (mapped as K) that I want to use for backups. On my old laptop I had Bitlocker full drive encryption working for both, using the...
  10. BitLocker questions

in Windows 10 Support
    BitLocker questions: I'm thinking of using BitLocker, but I need to know a few things first. 1. I use two partitions, one for the OS (and installed programs) and another for Documents. 2. I know that I'll have to format the OS drive and re-install Windows at some point in the future...